The Homeless people of California

California leads the nation in those homeless.........have poop problems......and it was their own doing.

California Dem Politicians Caused Homeless Crisis, Abetted by the Media

The federal Housing and Urban Development agency published its 2017 report on homelessness which found California not only has the largest homeless population in the country, the population grew from 2016. California had 134,278 homeless in 2017, of which 91,642 were unsheltered—a 13.7% increase from 2016.

The HUD report found the number of homeless declined in 30 states during the same time period between 2016 and 2017, with the largest decreases in Georgia (2,735 fewer people), Massachusetts (2,043 fewer people), and Florida (1,369 fewer people). The largest percentage decreases were in South Carolina (23%), Georgia (21%), and Louisiana (17%).

The number of homeless increased in 20 states between 2016 and 2017, with the largest increases in California (16,136 people), New York (3,151 people), and Oregon (715 people). The largest percentage increases were in North Dakota (18%), California (14%), New Mexico (10%), and Vermont (10%).
No...Hawaii leads in homeless.

95% of voters say homelessness is L.A.’s biggest problem, Times poll finds. 'You can't escape it'

"As people living in tents, RVs and makeshift shelters become a fact of life in neighborhoods far and wide, homelessness is now an all-consuming issue in Los Angeles County, with 95% of voters calling it a serious or very serious problem, according to a new poll conducted for the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Business Council Institute..."

"Only traffic congestion and housing affordability — at 88% and 85%, respectively — came close to rivaling the near universal concern over homelessness."

Homelessness is primarily caused by unaffordable housing, imho. I have spent many months being homeless; the longest continuous stretch was about 14 months between March, 2008 and June of 2009.

When I moved into my Westlake district in 1995 the market rate for an apartment like mine was $375 a month; today the same apartment has a market rate of $1253 AFTER the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression.
375px-6th_Alvarado_Looking_East.png

Greedy capitalists are the biggest cause of California homelessness, and it isn't likely that you can change that by "choosing" between Republican or Democrat in the voting booth.

Westlake, Los Angeles - Wikipedia

95% of voters say homelessness is L.A.’s biggest problem, Times poll finds. 'You can't escape it'

"As people living in tents, RVs and makeshift shelters become a fact of life in neighborhoods far and wide, homelessness is now an all-consuming issue in Los Angeles County, with 95% of voters calling it a serious or very serious problem, according to a new poll conducted for the Los Angeles Times and the Los Angeles Business Council Institute..."

"Only traffic congestion and housing affordability — at 88% and 85%, respectively — came close to rivaling the near universal concern over homelessness."

Homelessness is primarily caused by unaffordable housing, imho. I have spent many months being homeless; the longest continuous stretch was about 14 months between March, 2008 and June of 2009.

When I moved into my Westlake district in 1995 the market rate for an apartment like mine was $375 a month; today the same apartment has a market rate of $1253 AFTER the greatest economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Greedy capitalists are the biggest cause of California homelessness, and it isn't likely that you can change that by "choosing" between Republican or Democrat in the voting booth.

The problem is that Los Angeles and the other major failed cities don't allow low-cost housing options like trailer parks.

If citizens could move trailers into Golden Gate Park in SF, or Central Park in NY, you'd have more low priced options for people that don't want to pay beaucoup bucks for an apartment.

The problem is that Los Angeles and the other major failed cities don't allow low-cost housing options like trailer parks.

If citizens could move trailers into Golden Gate Park in SF, or Central Park in NY, you'd have more low priced options for people that don't want to pay beaucoup bucks for an apartment.
Additionally, there's are a lot of new apartments being built here, but they're priced beyond the reach of 90% of renters. Anyone earning less that $54,250 may currently apply for low-income housing based on a median family income of $69,300 in LA County.

Forum List

Back