What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The health care industry is supposedly 1/6 of the economy

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now tell me, if Obamacare gets passed, how does destroying 1/6 of the economy benefit Americans during a recession?

uscitizen

Reaction score
And who says healthcare refor will destroy the health care industry?

That is beyond stupit.

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph
Reaction score
It's not supposed to benefit Americans. It's supposed to expand the control of the government so that Big Government becomes Bigger Government.

Making people impoverished and fearful (demoralizing the unwashed masses) is a tried and true method of quelling their opposition to expanded government power.

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph
Reaction score

That is beyond stupit.

Anybody with a modicum of business savvy and knowledge of economics can see that train heading down the track.

Just sayin'.

uscitizen

Reaction score
It's not supposed to benefit Americans. It's supposed to expand the control of the government so that Big Government becomes Bigger Government.

Making people impoverished and fearful (demoralizing the unwashed masses) is a tried and true method of quelling their opposition to expanded government power.

Like the wage stagnation during the past presidents term?

uscitizen

Reaction score

That is beyond stupit.

Anybody with a modicum of business savvy and knowledge of economics can see that train heading down the track.

Just sayin'.

I don't care what happens it will not destroy the ENTIRE health care industry. That is impossible and to say it will is just plain stipid fear mongering.

Are you trying to say people will no longer need doctors, medicines, hospitals if healthcare reform passes?
?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph
Reaction score

I don't recall the Bush Administration putting wage controls in place during his two terms.

Must be why my income over those eight years nearly tripled - nobody told me I was supposed to be stagnated.

:eusa_whistle:

Here's a clue, bub: average wages don't reflect the upward and downward mobility most people experience during various phases of their careers.

The best way to increase incomes is economic growth - and at the individual level, to develop marketable skills and knowledge.

uscitizen

Reaction score

I don't recall the Bush Administration putting wage controls in place during his two terms.

Must be why my income over those eight years nearly tripled - nobody told me I was supposed to be stagnated.

:eusa_whistle:

Here's a clue, bub: average wages don't reflect the upward and downward mobility most people experience during various phases of their careers.

The best way to increase incomes is economic growth - and at the individual level, to develop marketable skills and knowledge.

We had growth. But average wages were flat to negative once inflation was figured in.
Not average income now, but average wages.

Average income is easially skewed by wal street bonuses and such.

My income also tripled or more.
When I quit work I was making $75 / hr as a software engineering consultant.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Are you trying to say people will no longer need doctors, medicines, hospitals if healthcare reform passes?
?

Increased Need doesn't create additional Supply.

Just sayin'.

so the law of supply and demand is invalid?

I am just saying it will not go away regardless of how healthcare reform turns out.
That is the premise that this thread was founded on.

oreo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now tell me, if Obamacare gets passed, how does destroying 1/6 of the economy benefit Americans during a recession?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's just a takeover of the health care system in this country, & along with this-- the admendments--will add energy (cap & tax)--so they have energy--

When Government can determine if you're worth living or not or turn off your heat when they feel like it--THEY don't need guns to take control--:lol::lol:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List