The health care industry is supposedly 1/6 of the economy

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Now tell me, if Obamacare gets passed, how does destroying 1/6 of the economy benefit Americans during a recession?

It's not supposed to benefit Americans. It's supposed to expand the control of the government so that Big Government becomes Bigger Government.

Making people impoverished and fearful (demoralizing the unwashed masses) is a tried and true method of quelling their opposition to expanded government power.

And who says healthcare refor will destroy the health care industry?

That is beyond stupit.

Anybody with a modicum of business savvy and knowledge of economics can see that train heading down the track.

Just sayin'.

It's not supposed to benefit Americans. It's supposed to expand the control of the government so that Big Government becomes Bigger Government.

Making people impoverished and fearful (demoralizing the unwashed masses) is a tried and true method of quelling their opposition to expanded government power.

Like the wage stagnation during the past presidents term?

And who says healthcare refor will destroy the health care industry?

That is beyond stupit.

Anybody with a modicum of business savvy and knowledge of economics can see that train heading down the track.

Just sayin'.

I don't care what happens it will not destroy the ENTIRE health care industry. That is impossible and to say it will is just plain stipid fear mongering.

Are you trying to say people will no longer need doctors, medicines, hospitals if healthcare reform passes?
?

I don't recall the Bush Administration putting wage controls in place during his two terms.

Must be why my income over those eight years nearly tripled - nobody told me I was supposed to be stagnated.

:eusa_whistle:

Here's a clue, bub: average wages don't reflect the upward and downward mobility most people experience during various phases of their careers.

The best way to increase incomes is economic growth - and at the individual level, to develop marketable skills and knowledge.

Are you trying to say people will no longer need doctors, medicines, hospitals if healthcare reform passes?
?

Increased Need doesn't create additional Supply.

Just sayin'.

I don't recall the Bush Administration putting wage controls in place during his two terms.

Must be why my income over those eight years nearly tripled - nobody told me I was supposed to be stagnated.

:eusa_whistle:

Here's a clue, bub: average wages don't reflect the upward and downward mobility most people experience during various phases of their careers.

The best way to increase incomes is economic growth - and at the individual level, to develop marketable skills and knowledge.

We had growth. But average wages were flat to negative once inflation was figured in.
Not average income now, but average wages.

Average income is easially skewed by wal street bonuses and such.

My income also tripled or more.
When I quit work I was making $75 / hr as a software engineering consultant.

?

Increased Need doesn't create additional Supply.

Just sayin'.

so the law of supply and demand is invalid?

I am just saying it will not go away regardless of how healthcare reform turns out.
That is the premise that this thread was founded on.

Now tell me, if Obamacare gets passed, how does destroying 1/6 of the economy benefit Americans during a recession?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's just a takeover of the health care system in this country, & along with this-- the admendments--will add energy (cap & tax)--so they have energy--

When Government can determine if you're worth living or not or turn off your heat when they feel like it--THEY don't need guns to take control--:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back