The HARLEY DAVIDSON Riders Thread: Post Pics of Your Ride Here...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
My 2006, Harley Davidson, FXD35, 35th Anniversary, Dyna, Super Glide, #0793 of only 3500 produced...

q3uu.jpg

83if.jpg

Last edited:
Tens of thousands of people here, and [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] and me are the only two with a Harley?

Guess it's going to take people awhile to find out this forum is here... :eusa_eh:

Tens of thousands of people here, and [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] and me are the only two with a Harley?

Guess it's going to take people awhile to find out this forum is here... :eusa_eh:

Are you blind? Didn't you see the picture of mine........?:eusa_hand:

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] It wasn't showing up. Either the pic hosting or I needed to refresh my page.

Outstanding, bro. 2003, 100th Anniversary, FLH. I see you have a pair of "windshield smashers"... :lol:

Would like to have a Street Glide myself.

Last edited:
I'll get some shots of mighty Whitey up as soon as I have some time to hunt them up.
I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger.

My Super Glide was named "Angel Baby" by a friend of mine in Reno, because I liked that old song. He believed all bikes should have a name, and that one has kind of stuck to mine.

[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] It wasn't showing up. Either the pic hosting or I needed to refresh my page.

Outstanding, bro. 2003, 100th Anniversary, FLH. I see you have a pair of "windshield smashers"... :lol:

Would like to have a Street Glide myself.

Yeah, someone else told me it wasn't showing up....although it would show up for me...so I decided to just post a different one that I had loaded to Photobucket.

I need to take a better picture....that one was taken in a hurry.....:)

My not so subtle hint when I don't want any passengers...

ubla.jpg

I bet you could squeeze a gal behind you on that seat.....
Very nice.....do you ride with a group or just by yourself with other friends?

This was ours before we had to sell it, due to hubbies MS problems.

82flttourglide.jpg

Both of us really miss riding.

That's too bad, I love riding, too.
And, you probably could ride year-round in AZ, no? We get too cold in Jan/Feb.....I don't like riding when it's below 40 degrees.....

This was ours before we had to sell it, due to hubbies MS problems.

82flttourglide.jpg

Both of us really miss riding.

That's too bad, I love riding, too.
And, you probably could ride year-round in AZ, no? We get too cold in Jan/Feb.....I don't like riding when it's below 40 degrees.....

Yes we could have.
This was in Calif. before we moved to AZ. and yes we rode all year round there.

I suspect many people here want something that was state of the art AFTER 1950! :eusa_whistle:

*runs*

I suspect many people here want something that was state of the art AFTER 1950! :eusa_whistle:

*runs*

My first HD was a '49. Nope, no pictures survive, but it looked pretty much like this, except it was all white.

Attachments

• $49_harley-davidson.jpg
    $49_harley-davidson.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I've been a motorcyclist for many years, and I just don't get the Harley Thing. (I also don't know why anyone would buy a new motorcycle either, but that's another matter).

For any given Harley model, there is a Japanese bike that is both much cheaper, and in every measurable way, better.

If you are concerned about performance, Harley offers exactly ONE bike that is not an embarrassment (the V-Rod), and frankly that's the only Harley I would ever consider owning. Fortunately, the Real Harley Guys don't like V-Rods, so it is often possible to find a low-mileage used one at a reasonable price.

But for every other Harley - from the Ultra on down to a Sportster - there are at least three or four Japanese bikes out there that are better bikes for much less money.

People pour money into accessories on Harley's to make them personalized or louder, and forget about those wasted dollars when they sell them, bragging about how much money they got for it, compared to what it cost new. Yeah, asshole, but you put six thousand in to extras!

The one thing that Harley's have that nobody else does is the distinctive sound. And they have that distinctive sound because of a design flaw (which also causes the God-awful vibration) that they have never bothered to fix.

In my area, Harley outsells all the competition in street bikes by far. I would venture to guess that in bikes over 750cc, Harley probably outsells every other brand combined in Western PA.

I guess I'll just suffer along with my old Goldwing.

Last edited:
I've been a motorcyclist for many years, and I just don't get the Harley Thing. (I also don't know why anyone would buy a new motorcycle either, but that's another matter).

For any given Harley model, there is a Japanese bike that is both much cheaper, and in every measurable way, better.

If you are concerned about performance, Harley offers exactly ONE bike that is not an embarrassment (the V-Rod), and frankly that's the only Harley I would ever consider owning. Fortunately, the Real Harley Guys don't like V-Rods, so it is often possible to find a low-mileage used one at a reasonable price.

But for every other Harley - from the Ultra on down to a Sportster - there are at least three or four Japanese bikes out there that are better bikes for much less money.

People pour money into accessories on Harley's to make them personalized or louder, and forget about those wasted dollars when they sell them, bragging about how much money they got for it, compared to what it cost new. Yeah, asshole, but you put six thousand in to extras!

The one thing that Harley's have that nobody else does is the distinctive sound. And they have that distinctive sound because of a design flaw (which also causes the God-awful vibration) that they have never bothered to fix.

In my area, Harley outsells all the competition in street bikes by far. I would venture to guess that in bikes over 750cc, Harley probably outsells every other brand combined in Western PA.

I guess I'll just suffer along with my old Goldwing.
You sir, haven't got the slightest fucking clue what the hell you're talking about, period.

I am a retired Harley Davidson Master Technician, and I can tell you UNEQUIVOCALLY, that ALL modern Harley Davidson are every bit as sophisticated and well built as ANYTHING else on the road on two wheels. Just because they maintain their STYLE doesn't mean they're not WELL BUILT or UP TO DATE, mechanically as well as electrically. Harley maintains that style because THAT is what Harley buyers WANT. The manufacturing and quality of a Harley Davidson takes a back seat to NONE, and THAT is why you PAY so much for a Harley.

As far as VIBRATIONS, all softail Harley's have the "B" engine, which is BALANCED. You can't even tell it's running when you sit on it.

As far as sound, there is NO, DESIGN FLAW. The sound of a Harley Davidson was engineered to sound like that, INTENTIONALLY, and is even PROTECTED by PATENT.

Now I could go into some detail about how sophisticated these bikes are but unfortunately, as a Harley Davidson tech and ex employee, I signed a contract of confidentiality never to speak of certain things about a Harley, as they are trade secrets. YOU would have NO CLUE of these things, so I repeat, YOU sir, have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

And as far as FAST, all you have to do is take one look at the drag races and see who is DOMINATING them... HARLEY DAVIDSON. Some are V-Rod, but others are modified Buell and Sportster engines. I personally have built large bore, hotrod Harley engines that would flat out scare the white otta your eyes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back