The Gun is Civilization

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

That force you carry can be neutralized by actions you can't control. So again reason works better than any weapon will..
Till it doesn’t... Go to North Las Vegas and walk around after dark see what happens.... just using reason. LOL
I have more than once why?

Cain killed his brother Abel with a stone, was that the beginning of us being civilized?
You do realize getting along is way overrated, freedom always comes from the individual not the collective.
Sometimes being uncivilized makes for civilization… It’s called having a backbone
So Cain having a stone as his weapon, and having a weapon to kill his brother with it was the beginning of us being civilized?
That was pre-ordained to happen, God’s ways are not our ways. It’s a Christian thing you may not understand.
Yet you pray to a murderer.

Some humans are incapable of being civilized...Now what is the definition of civilized being used?

“Civilized” is being used to denote a society relying on persuasion rather than coercive force (the non-aggression principle, or “NAP”). Some will not abide by this, which is why self-defense is intrinsic to successful application of the NAP.

Cain killed his brother Abel with a stone, was that the beginning of us being civilized?
You do realize getting along is way overrated, freedom always comes from the individual not the collective.
Sometimes being uncivilized makes for civilization… It’s called having a backbone
So Cain having a stone as his weapon, and having a weapon to kill his brother with it was the beginning of us being civilized?
That's a fairytale from the Bible, not reality.
It's a lesson on humanity....

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

That force you carry can be neutralized by actions you can't control. So again reason works better than any weapon will..
Till it doesn’t... Go to North Las Vegas and walk around after dark see what happens.... just using reason. LOL
Na, You would not be.

Abel having a stone too would have been a civilizing influence because it would have made Cain think twice, or at least have given Abel a fighting chance of negating that act of immoral violence. That’s the point of the article.

Na, You would not be.
I've run the streets from Washington D.C. to California down to Cancun and all as a drug mule the whole way..and you?

Of course reason is preferable. But when reason fails in the face of violent aggression, your choices are to physically defend yourself or become a helpless victim. A gun gives you the ability to defend with a greater liklihood of success.

Of course reason is preferable. But when reason fails in the face of violent aggression, your choices are to physically defend yourself or become a helpless victim. A gun gives you the ability to defend with a greater liklihood of success.
Not like a biological weapon does,en masse. If one is going to have that mindset for existence then you need not think small or you've already lost.

I agree with this sentiment, but there’s no need to even concede to being uncivilized - defense is a civilized act.

Not like a biological weapon does,en masse. If one is going to have that mindset for existence then you need not think small or you've already lost.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. The point being made is that it’s preferable to have a gun for defense than not to have one, because defense has a civilizing influence, and a gun makes you better able to defend yourself and your neighbors.

Astoundingly ignorant proposition: only two words sum up human interaction.
Reason or force alone are at work? Perhaps in the Marine mind, but other species of humans are much more advanced, or at least nuanced.
Just for an easy example, what about love?

What does love have to do with a dispute for a property title?

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. The point being made is that it’s preferable to have a gun for defense than not to have one, because defense has a civilizing influence, and a gun makes you better able to defend yourself and your neighbors.
He's trying to make a case for welfare.

I've never needed one in all my affairs with criminals and non-criminals.

Abel having a stone too would have been a civilizing influence because it would have made Cain think twice, or at least have given Abel a fighting chance of negating that act of immoral violence. That’s the point of the article.
There were stones all around him to use......? He just believed in Reasoning......as the way to settle disputes..... after all God's gift to us that was different than other animals was Words.....not large and sharp killing teeth or three inch long claws.....

The Word.

Words, thoughts, reasoning, logic.....was suppose to be our defense.... So it seems?

He's trying to make a case for welfare.
Biological warfare is not biological welfare.

That's a fairytale from the Bible, not reality.
It's a lesson on humanity....
What "lesson" is that?

Totalitarian regimes like the Democrats want to install always disarm the law abiding populace. That way they can use the barrel of a gun as a threat to easily control them. Say something they don't like (Hate Speech), and they will show up at your door, with guns, and take you to a prison, Gulag, or worse. It is happening right now in Europe, and Asia. Don't say it can't happen here also.

I've never needed one in all my affairs with criminals and non-criminals.

Good. That's very good. But your individual experience doesn't obviate the logic of the case being made. And really, you must realize that it's terribly imprudent to allow police and military to have guns, while denying them to individual citizens. I mean, how many governments have piled up millions upon millions of bodies in the last 100 years alone? It's not like the anti-gunners are saying "Let's let nuns have guns and no one else".

Never mind the fact that it's a fundamental human right to do ANYTHING that does not harm another human being. So anti-gunners can say whatever they want, as long as they're not taking action to stop others from exercising their unalienable rights.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back