The Great Compression

Feb 20, 2013
Heart of Republica
All this bickering and pissing about political parties is going to get you nowhere, especially today with the "New Economy" that's severely rigged to benefit so few and those few have all our politicians in their pocket.

Study up on "The Great Compression," and what it would take to get BACK to this type of economy our fathers and grandfathers knew and enjoyed.

No damned forum allows for the space to go into an full explanation, however some good studies and "keywords" for internet searches and references to great books can be provided. For starters, get Hedrick Smith's book "Who Stole the American Dream?" and check out the link below. Throw off those stupid goddamned partisan glasses and open your mind to some accurate history, turn OFF those fucked up partisan talking heads on radio and TV and do your own thinking.

We can get it back.

Introducing This Blog - NYTimes.com

Hedrick Smith: ?Who Stole the American Dream??

Recycled Mercantilism: There is a fixed pie and if you get more, I get less. According to that theory, we would all be richer if Bill Gates hadn't stolen our money by creating Microsoft. Brilliant reasoning.

anyone who walks lock-step behind either party is a sheeple. I vote Democrat/Progressive 97% of the time but am not so naive to think that they are not also beholden to monied interests just as Republicorp is in no small part to the conservative courts narrow ruling (5-4) in Citizens United.

anyone who walks lock-step behind either party is a sheeple. I vote Democrat/Progressive 97% of the time but am not so naive to think that they are not also beholden to monied interests just as Republicorp is in no small part to the conservative courts narrow ruling (5-4) in Citizens United.

I personally disagree with the majority ruling in that, as statutory entities, corporations, labor unions and other formally recognized associations should be subject to any rational limitation on their activities. However, the minority (i.e., Democratic) position would deprive corporations of the same rights granted to labor unions, an even more onerous position.

Last edited:
Recycled Mercantilism: There is a fixed pie and if you get more, I get less. According to that theory, we would all be richer if Bill Gates hadn't stolen our money by creating Microsoft. Brilliant reasoning.

Way off the mark. In fact, in the cheap seats, not even left field. Keep digging.

Good to see people with literary connections getting to this. It used to be people like me thinking it and people like Barlett and Steele writing about it and the filthy god damned scum of the earth laughing and sneering at those of us who knew from day one that the "new economy" was debt-fueled canned heat looking for a time to blow up.

It was clear by 1984 Reagan will not be well reviewed when the bills come due and now some are coming due. It's time that filthy lowlife cocksucker and the halfwits who celebrated him got a window into what he did and what they cheered.

The only time emotion crept into my thinking (outside of family events) since the 1980s was the election of 2004 when the stupidest electorate in the civilized world re elected the scum of the earth.

My life will have been worth living if some of the filthy fucking scum who sold out blue collar America to corporations are disgraced while their supporters still live. That will make a lot of things worthwhile for me.

Last edited:
Good to see people with literary connections getting to this. It used to be people like me thinking it and people like Barlett and Steele writing about it and the filthy god damned scum of the earth laughing that those of us who knew from day one that the "new economy" was debt-fueled canned heat looking for a time to blow up.

It was clear by 1984 Reagan will not be well reviewed when the bills come due and now some are coming due. It's time that filthy lowlife cocksucker and the halfwits who celebrated him got a window into what he did and what they cheered.

The only time emotion crept into my thinking (outside of family events) since the 1980s was the election of 2004 when the stupidest electorate in the civilized world re elected the scum of the earth.

My life will have been worth living if some of the filthy fucking scum who sold out blue collar America to corporations are disgraced while their supporters still live. That will make a lot of things worthwhile for me.

Damn well said Jukes! You ever heard of a motherfucker by the name of Al Dunlap? He was like THE man when it came to what is called "wedge economics" - an extreme example but many fellow CEO's aped his methods.

What Obama meant by "share the wealth" (and I think Obama's a nutless pawn too) was to roll back to the days of "The Great Compression," when corporations understood the value of paying well and taking care of their employees - for those employees with spending power kept the ball rolling in the American economy. Had nothing to do with raising taxes and spreading our hard earned money.

As you know, when the "New Economy" hit, the winner take all Darwinian philosophy of economics - taught in MBA classes in the 80's and 90's - trained students in the "New Economic" philosophy - fuck the workers, take care of Wall Street and yourself. Now we're reaping that foul seed.

Anyway, on Al Dunlap:

Al Dunlap - Top 10 Worst Bosses - TIME

A reset is coming.

The moment we stop printing 81 billion a month and giving it to the banks it will all tumble down.

Good to see people with literary connections getting to this. It used to be people like me thinking it and people like Barlett and Steele writing about it and the filthy god damned scum of the earth laughing that those of us who knew from day one that the "new economy" was debt-fueled canned heat looking for a time to blow up.

Damn well said Jukes! You ever heard of a motherfucker by the name of Al Dunlap? He was like THE man when it came to what is called "wedge economics" - an extreme example but many fellow CEO's aped his methods.

What Obama meant by "share the wealth" (and I think Obama's a nutless pawn too) was to roll back to the days of "The Great Compression," when corporations understood the value of paying well and taking care of their employees - for those employees with spending power kept the ball rolling in the American economy. Had nothing to do with raising taxes and spreading our hard earned money.

As you know, when the "New Economy" hit, the winner take all Darwinian philosophy of economics - taught in MBA classes in the 80's and 90's - trained students in the "New Economic" philosophy - fuck the workers, take care of Wall Street and yourself. Now we're reaping that foul seed.

Anyway, on Al Dunlap:

The man who crashed and burned Sunbeam.

He was supposedly a LEAN guy, but he never understood the up side of LEAN. A fucking moron in the Army and after.

Anyway, on Al Dunlap:

The man who crashed and burned Sunbeam.

He was supposedly a LEAN guy, but he never understood the up side of LEAN. A fucking moron in the Army and after.

Yep, a total cock. I've even read quotes from one of the guys who Dunlap helped make a millionaire that everyone including him was afraid of that asshole. Mr. Job Eliminator to get Wall Street's rocks off, then he'd go slash and burn another company.

the Righties, and some Lefties are distracted by shiny objects held out in front of them by the corporate, water-carriers (politicians) such as social issues :yawn:

All this bickering and pissing about political parties is going to get you nowhere, especially today with the "New Economy" that's severely rigged to benefit so few and those few have all our politicians in their pocket.

Study up on "The Great Compression," and what it would take to get BACK to this type of economy our fathers and grandfathers knew and enjoyed.

No damned forum allows for the space to go into an full explanation, however some good studies and "keywords" for internet searches and references to great books can be provided. For starters, get Hedrick Smith's book "Who Stole the American Dream?" and check out the link below. Throw off those stupid goddamned partisan glasses and open your mind to some accurate history, turn OFF those fucked up partisan talking heads on radio and TV and do your own thinking.

We can get it back.

bottom line: Liberal Democrats stole the American dream and flushed it down the toilet.

You're a left-wing stooge who votes democrat reliably. You just admitted it.

I personally disagree with the majority ruling in that, as statutory entities, corporations, labor unions and other formally recognized associations should be subject to any rational limitation on their activities. However, the minority (i.e., Democratic) position would deprive corporations of the same rights granted to labor unions, an even more onerous position.

What you're saying is the the federal government should be free to censor publications by Planned Parenthood, the NRA and The Sierra Club. How could that possibly be consistent with the First Amendment?

We can get it back.

bottom line: Liberal Democrats stole the American dream and flushed it down the toilet.

Neither party is innocent, that is the fact.

That halfwit nutballs try to put it all on the other dipshit gaggle is amusing. But not as amusing as their child-like excuses for BobbleHead1980 tripling the national debt building a fake economy and Dumbfuck2000 starting two off-budget wars and cutting taxes within a two year window.

What are you people on? I want some of that.

Last edited:

Way off the mark. In fact, in the cheap seats, not even left field. Keep digging.

He knows exactly what he's talking about. Hedrick Smith is a hack who specializes in dispensing popular moonshine.

Anyway, on Al Dunlap:

The Great depression is your ideal? seriously? Yeah, those workers in 1937 were getting a great deal!

We can get it back.

Neither party is innocent, that is the fact.

That halfwit nutballs try to put it all on the other dipshit gaggle is amusing. But not as amusing as their child-like excuses for BobbleHead1980 tripling the national debt building a fake economy and Dumbfuck2000 starting two off-budget wars and cutting taxes within a two year window.

What are you people on? I want some of that.

Right. Democrat social programs that consume over $3 trillion every year aren't responsible in any way.

Turds like you simply aren't worth arguing with.

Richard Wolf points out how hiding money in foreign accounts to escape detection of possible criminality and/or tax fraud has deprived most countries "of huge desperately needed tax revenues that could have helped their economies grow while lowering their national debts."

Wolf seems to think the time is past for more Republican OR Democrat theatre and the time's arrived to address "the system that fosters deepening economic inequality inside most nations today."

The Hidden Money

Last edited:

Forum List

Back