The GOP Should Hold Another Johns Committee To Save America From The Gays

Holly shit! You can’t be serious ??!! You link an article about the horrors of the Jones Committee with all of the graphic and bigoted aspects of it on full display, and then have the temerity to suggest that Florida bring it back? Have you no shame or decency??!! Maybe you would also like to bring back the commie witch hunts of that same era as well.
And what the fuck is that abut saving America from gays? What are gays....what are LGBTQ people doing to America? We need to save America from hysterical bigots like you. Gay would not even be a topic of discussion if the bigots and snowflakes would just leave them alone and allow then to live with the same rights that you take for granted.

They have for the most part blended into and have become part of the fabric of society. They have homes, families, and jobs. They pay taxes and contribute to the community. They are essentially just like everyone else. They are most visible when they are forced to push back at and assert themselves against the sort of bigotry that you advocate. But I’m sure that DeSantis will love your idea
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

I think you want a conflict between gays and republicans but you won't get one... Trump had two gay people high in his administration and they both did a great job for the country... so stop with the pot stirring you are wasting your time....
Just leave the kids alone whether you are gay or straight and republican's will be happy....
Conservatives already lost that fight against gays......now you cowards are trying to wage that same fight against trans people -- yet all of your bullshit is still a roll back of gay rights in general....I don't really give a fuck what a random lame on a message board is babbling, I pay attention to the POLICIES being pushed by the morons you worship..

You folks are still trying to make it legal to evict people from their homes for being gay.....

So you can shut the entire fuck up

Conservatives already lost that fight against gays......now you cowards are trying to wage that same fight against trans people -- yet all of your bullshit is still a roll back of gay rights in general....I don't really give a fuck what a random lame on a message board is babbling, I pay attention to the POLICIES being pushed by the morons you worship..

You folks are still trying to make it legal to evict people from their homes for being gay.....

Oh bullshit.

Equal Housing has been federal law since the 60's.

Stop with the bullshit whining.

Just stay away from my kids and we'll be fine.

Cross that line, and we won't be fine. And I won't stop to ask what party you're from.

Oh bullshit.

Equal Housing has been federal law since the 60's.

Stop with the bullshit whining.

Just stay away from my kids and we'll be fine.

Cross that line, and we won't be fine. And I won't stop to ask what party you're from.
that law doesn't protect gays you moron......do you folks ever bother to read information before pulling shit out of your ass?

"It is legal in most states to discriminate against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender — LGBT — people in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodation."
Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 6.18.55 AM.png

But if the fact that right-wingers are the main ones in opposition to solidifying gay and trans people as a protected class under law; then I look forward to your support of liberals when they vote to make this a reality. have you done that yet?

Because I just keep seeing Republicans after Republicans blocking efforts to do this.....why aren't you bitching at them instead of bitching at me for telling you the truth??

Hell, we still got right-wingers voting against interracial marriage still......guess they are still holding out hope that Loving vs Virginia will be overturned one day...

that law doesn't protect gays you moron......do you folks ever bother to read information before pulling shit out of your ass?

You lying sack of bullshit, gays are SPECIFICALLY protected under Equal Housing, and always have been.

Read, you ignorant fucktard:

See right there where it says SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND GENDER DISCRIMINATION ???

Dumbass fucking whiners.

You lying sack of bullshit, gays are SPECIFICALLY protected under Equal Housing, and always have been.

Read, you ignorant fucktard:

See right there where it says SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND GENDER DISCRIMINATION ???

Dumbass fucking whiners.
Sexual orientation is not mentioned in the law, it is implied....which is why states are having to pass laws to SPECIFICALLY LIST TRANS PEOPLE
I also see how you dodged bill after bill republicans have blocked to roll back gay rights...why do you keep ignoring that?
Do you think these Civil Rights laws were written and pushed by Conservatives? Are you a moron?

Sexual orientation is not mentioned in the law, it is implied....which is why states are having to pass laws to SPECIFICALLY LIST TRANS PEOPLE
I also see how you dodged bill after bill republicans have blocked to roll back gay rights...why do you keep ignoring that?
Do you think these Civil Rights laws were written and pushed by Conservatives? Are you a moron?
I couldn't care less about your Republican boogie man. Not being one and all.

Just another stupid leftard trying to claim victimhood.

You can't be a leftie these days unless you're a victim.
Why did Conservatives fight so hard to ban interracial marriage?
Or does your dumb ass think Conservatives fought for interracial marriage too?

Why did Conservatives fight so hard to ban interracial marriage?
Or does your dumb ass think Conservatives fought for interracial marriage too?
Yeah, you're a real piece of work aintcha.

Why should I care about what conservatives did yesterday?

I care about what lying fucking leftard scum are doing TODAY.

Yeah, you're a real piece of work aintcha.

Why should I care about what conservatives did yesterday?

I care about what lying fucking leftard scum are doing TODAY.
Because conservatives today keep lying about what conservatives yesterday did

Do you know why you folks lie so much about it?

Because Conservatives have BEEN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY so much that they have to continuously lie about it while doing the SAME EXACT THING TODAY except this time, the target is trans people...

This is why you folks call anyone who is able to remember the past "CRT" "Marxists" -- and other goofy ass shit....

Because conservatives today keep lying about what conservatives yesterday did

Do you know why you folks lie so much about it?

Because Conservatives have BEEN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HISTORY so much that they have to continuously lie about it while doing the SAME EXACT THING TODAY except this time, the target is trans people...

This is why you folks call anyone who is able to remember the past "CRT" "Marxists" -- and other goofy ass shit....
You're being a typical clueless leftard lemming. You have no idea what the world is like. Get back to me when you have more to worry about than teh ghez.

:laughing0301:......

Quite a few on this board at least DO have a problem with gays and are using their hatred of transgender people to legitimize it.
Quite a few on this board is not an entire party... Trump had high ranking members in his cabinet that were openly gay.... And Trump was a supporter of transgenders in the beauty pagent..... Republicans and parents of both party's just want kids to be left alone... the LGBTQ comumnity disagrees with that..... so to say this is only republicans standing in the way of groomers is blatantly false...
I know many democrats who have young children and they don't want their kids to be inserted into adulthood at 9 years old... leave the kids alone and you won't have an issue with republicans.....

You are more than welcome to refute a single word I said....

You won't tho, because you can't....because it would involve talking about the past...and......as my signature says....
I refute it all... its nonsense.... I don't know a single MAGA or conservative that wants gay people to suffer in any way... all we want is for children to be allowed to have a childhood... just like you had and I had.... leave the kids alone... and you won't have any problems with republicans... watch out for how the media is twisting this issue to make it look as if we are against homosexuality... remember republicans are the live and let live party of today.... the left abandoned that and we took it up....

"In an effort to acknowledge and move past one of the darkest phases of Florida’s 20th Century history, a state senator has filed a resolution calling on the Legislature to apologize for the notorious Johns Committee’s investigation targeting civil rights leaders, academic leaders and LGBTQ Floridians in the 1950s and 1960s. The panel was better known as the Johns Committee, named after state Sen. Charley Johns, who was the first chairman of the committee and who also served as Florida’s governor from 1953 to 1955. The committee initially focused on civil rights leaders and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). In 1957 and 1958, the committee “devoted itself to besmirching NAACP members as criminals and communist sympathizers in order to slow or halt their efforts to desegregate Florida schools and public spaces,” the resolution says.

By late 1958, the legislative committee turned its focus on the University of Florida. With the cooperation from the school and its police force, the committee launched an investigation into alleged homosexual activity at the school. It resulted in a four-year, statewide investigation into alleged homosexual activity in the public school system, resulting in the state revoking teaching licenses, the resolution says. The resolution notes that over the course of nine years, the Johns Committee “at the expense of the taxpayers of this state using unconstitutional and unjust methods to discredit and combat legal, peaceful desegregation efforts; to destroy or otherwise jeopardize the livelihoods and reputations of educators, administrators, and other professionals in Florida’s public schools and universities; and to create a climate of fear that caused pain and suffering among vulnerable residents and made Florida a national symbol of intolerance.”

Now I know the first time Conservative officials tried to fight back against the gays and BLM trouble makers (civil rights activists) it didn't work out so well and the person who formed the committee and who the committee was named after, resigned. However, instead of giving up, maybe it is time to dust off this playbook and try to do it again; except this time, maybe a Ron DeSantis can win where previous Conservatives failed. If you are unfamiliar with the Johns Committee, it was a committee started by right-wing Congress members in Florida; initially to attack civil rights activists and block desegregation from taking place in Florida schools, you know, shit Conservatives normally did.....Here is how it went down....

When Thurgood Marshall successfully argued against segregation; Conservatives went ape shit...Charley Johns himself said "I’ve just been informed by the press of the United States Supreme Court’s ruling, Washington on segregation. My present inclination is to call an extraordinary session of the Florida legislature to cope with this ruling." And that was how the Johns Committee was born...Conservatives intended to use this committee to imply that desegregation was a Communist-Marxist plot and that black civil rights leaders like Medgar Evers and others were just Jewish controlled black Communists, you know, like Conservatives claim now....but it didn't work out....conservatives lost that "culture war"

So it shifted to using the committee to go after gay professors and students at University of Florida...even paying students $10 for every person they turn in as being homosexual....some got fired, some went to jail...because at the time, being gay was illegal....but they didn't just do this to college professors, they branched out to public school teachers in an attempt to do the same thing...even brought them in for Congressional hearings ...and on live TV, these conservative politicians were questioning school teachers about why are they teaching children that integration is good, why are you allowing kids to read books by JD Salinger, etc, etc...it backfired then...but maybe this time, if Conservatives stick with it, they can accomplish the goals that Conservatives 50 or so years were trying to accomplish. However, it kinda blows the whole claim out of the water that Conservatives were on the right side of the Civil Rights movement...I guess that is why history is so touchy with them....oh well...
Again, because for some reason the previous response was deleted.

Thing 1: Based on the responses it appears satire is dead.

Thing 2: I thought your renewal of the "Johns Committee" was about ending government abuse of Trans hookers.

"In an effort to acknowledge and move past one of the darkest phases of Florida’s 20th Century history, a state senator has filed a resolution calling on the Legislature to apologize for the notorious Johns Committee’s investigation targeting civil rights leaders, academic leaders and LGBTQ Floridians in the 1950s and 1960s. The panel was better known as the Johns Committee, named after state Sen. Charley Johns, who was the first chairman of the committee and who also served as Florida’s governor from 1953 to 1955. The committee initially focused on civil rights leaders and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). In 1957 and 1958, the committee “devoted itself to besmirching NAACP members as criminals and communist sympathizers in order to slow or halt their efforts to desegregate Florida schools and public spaces,” the resolution says.

By late 1958, the legislative committee turned its focus on the University of Florida. With the cooperation from the school and its police force, the committee launched an investigation into alleged homosexual activity at the school. It resulted in a four-year, statewide investigation into alleged homosexual activity in the public school system, resulting in the state revoking teaching licenses, the resolution says. The resolution notes that over the course of nine years, the Johns Committee “at the expense of the taxpayers of this state using unconstitutional and unjust methods to discredit and combat legal, peaceful desegregation efforts; to destroy or otherwise jeopardize the livelihoods and reputations of educators, administrators, and other professionals in Florida’s public schools and universities; and to create a climate of fear that caused pain and suffering among vulnerable residents and made Florida a national symbol of intolerance.”

Now I know the first time Conservative officials tried to fight back against the gays and BLM trouble makers (civil rights activists) it didn't work out so well and the person who formed the committee and who the committee was named after, resigned. However, instead of giving up, maybe it is time to dust off this playbook and try to do it again; except this time, maybe a Ron DeSantis can win where previous Conservatives failed. If you are unfamiliar with the Johns Committee, it was a committee started by right-wing Congress members in Florida; initially to attack civil rights activists and block desegregation from taking place in Florida schools, you know, shit Conservatives normally did.....Here is how it went down....

When Thurgood Marshall successfully argued against segregation; Conservatives went ape shit...Charley Johns himself said "I’ve just been informed by the press of the United States Supreme Court’s ruling, Washington on segregation. My present inclination is to call an extraordinary session of the Florida legislature to cope with this ruling." And that was how the Johns Committee was born...Conservatives intended to use this committee to imply that desegregation was a Communist-Marxist plot and that black civil rights leaders like Medgar Evers and others were just Jewish controlled black Communists, you know, like Conservatives claim now....but it didn't work out....conservatives lost that "culture war"

So it shifted to using the committee to go after gay professors and students at University of Florida...even paying students $10 for every person they turn in as being homosexual....some got fired, some went to jail...because at the time, being gay was illegal....but they didn't just do this to college professors, they branched out to public school teachers in an attempt to do the same thing...even brought them in for Congressional hearings ...and on live TV, these conservative politicians were questioning school teachers about why are they teaching children that integration is good, why are you allowing kids to read books by JD Salinger, etc, etc...it backfired then...but maybe this time, if Conservatives stick with it, they can accomplish the goals that Conservatives 50 or so years were trying to accomplish. However, it kinda blows the whole claim out of the water that Conservatives were on the right side of the Civil Rights movement...I guess that is why history is so touchy with them....oh well...
why would the GOP start a Committee like that of a radical demafasict like Gov Johns? He’s committee was akin to Adam Shifty’s Russian hoax and Jan 6th Star chamber

Quite a few on this board is not an entire party... Trump had high ranking members in his cabinet that were openly gay.... And Trump was a supporter of transgenders in the beauty pagent..... Republicans and parents of both party's just want kids to be left alone... the LGBTQ comumnity disagrees with that..... so to say this is only republicans standing in the way of groomers is blatantly false...
I know many democrats who have young children and they don't want their kids to be inserted into adulthood at 9 years old... leave the kids alone and you won't have an issue with republicans.....
I don’t agree with what the opinions I see around here claiming transgenders are pedos by definition or that they are groomers. I don’t doubt that there is some inappropriate material, but showing a family with same sex parents isn’t.

Polls are interesting too, they show a break not just along party lines but age as well.

I also don’t agree that “leave he kids alone” will stop right’s anti-lgbtq campaign. They won’t leave the kids alone either,

Forum List

Back