The GOP Senate goes silent on Trump and his use of the military

I have to laugh at those that don't realize that we all ready have military out there. The moment the governor calls out the National Gaurd they become active members of the military. They are not some offshoot they are civilian soldiers until they are activated.
The National Guard have been in military hotspots all over the globe.

Your grasp of the 1916/17 National Guard Act is lacking. The ONLY time the National Guard becomes a National Military Asset is when the President Nationalizes them. Until then, they are all the assets of the respective Governors.
So when a guard unit goes to Iraq they are an asset of the respective governor. I think you have a small problem with that statement.
When a Guard unit goes to Iraq, they have been Federalized.

Right now, they are acting under the control of the Governors, in their own States.

Sending in the regular military, under Federal control is what is problematic.

I thought the 2A was to protect the citizens against a tyrannical gov? Sending in Airborne troops against your own population seems to fit the bill.

The GOP Senate goes silent on Trump and his use of the military

1591154329791.png

literally silent.

On Tuesday morning, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, usually a vocal supporter of the President, declined to comment on Trump’s speech. So did Utah Sen. Mitt Romney, who has often criticized the President. “These are times where my heart goes out to people,” Romney said Tuesday. “This is a challenging time for our country, and I’m really not going to be commenting on the daily developments that that are coming from the White House or elsewhere.”
The Repup senators have always been notable for their spinelessness
That’s for sure.

I have to laugh at those that don't realize that we all ready have military out there. The moment the governor calls out the National Gaurd they become active members of the military. They are not some offshoot they are civilian soldiers until they are activated.

Your grasp of the 1916/17 National Guard Act is lacking. The ONLY time the National Guard becomes a National Military Asset is when the President Nationalizes them. Until then, they are all the assets of the respective Governors.
So when a guard unit goes to Iraq they are an asset of the respective governor. I think you have a small problem with that statement.

Right now, they are acting under the control of the Governors, in their own States.

I thought the 2A was to protect the citizens against a tyrannical gov? Sending in Airborne troops against your own population seems to fit the bill.

Rump can sent them but when the get there, they have little to do except run the concession stands for the Guards. It's another case of Rump trying to get reelected.

I hate to be a buzz kill for you, since you seem to be so excited by the idea of killing. But even if they roll out the Airborn as you put it that does not mean that anyone will be killing. I know I can feel your disappointment. They would be doing the same thing they did at the border.
The only people so far that have done any killing has been the rioters and looters. And unfortunately for them some of those they have tried to kill will survive

Trump isn't going to do squat. That's pretty much why they say nothing.

They also know that if he used the military against citizens, it's all over for him.

Saner minds will get through to him. Not that he really means much of what he says.

I won't shed a tear over rioters, thieves, pillagers, looters, being mowed down en masse.

They are all a bunch of slimy bitches. This incompetent fuckup of a potus pulls a Hitler like show of force on peacefully protesting people for a fucking photo op and they dont have shit to say.
I can see their sense of self-preservation. Mitt's a different story. He's got nothing to gain or lose, but I don't think he wants to be part of turning the Senate dem.

What worried me was seeing Esper and Gen Milley (in fatigues) walking with Trump as he used tear gas and Military helicopters to disperse peaceful protestors outside Lafayette Park. Milley is not West Point …. or even VMI or Norwich. And he tried to suppress the Iraq War Study. Trump has the varsity sitting on the bench.

The gop senate may have to confront a Profile in Courage moment.

Right, they have NO courage. Aint gonna happen.

Major cities across the US are being looted and burned

Police are getting run over by SOVs, dragged in the street and shot

Looters, arsonists, violent criminals, and domestic terrorists are controlling cities

Local State leaders are not only refusing to call in the guard to protect citizens / businesses...

...they are JOINING in marches and protests. (How about showing businesses you stand with them too by showing up and helping clan up some of the damage?)

All of this looting, smashing, and burning of businesses is hurting an economy already destroyed needlessly by virus lockdowns and extended liberal lockdowns

Liberal Federal officials / the DNC's Presidential Candidate are bailing violent criminals out of jail...

If local and state Democrats continue to fail to protect and save citizens and businesses, the President NEEDS to act.

And if I am a store owner in ne of these liberal cities / states, one whose business has been looted / burned, I sure as hell am not voting for Democrats again after this.

The American Left has been begging, whining, pleading for an authoritarian smackdown for about sixty years. Sometimes, just sometimes, you get what you ask for. Reap the whirlwind . . .
Exactly. The authorities have let liberals do whatever they damn well please since the crackdown at Kent State.

They also know that if he used the military against citizens, it's all over for him.

Saner minds will get through to him. Not that he really means much of what he says.

I won't shed a tear over rioters, thieves, pillagers, looters, being mowed down en masse.

Worthless empty statement.

Worthless empty statement.

These people that do this are worthless and empty.

Forum List

Back