The George Floyd situation is sad for everyone

Because Chauvin made a very, very bad decision....both his family and the family of George Floyd will suffer for generations to come. It is a sad situation for all concerned.....
This is my take on the whole thing... the whole thing. My concern is for the health of the American society. That said, the death of Floyd was a tragic incident involving the actions of one person, one cop in a land of 697,195 officers. This one cop was not acting on some official mandate to kill people. The specific actions of the cop were his decisions. Those actions incited groups such as BLM despite no evidence that race or racism was a factor in the death of Floyd. The cop was subsequently arrested and charged. Given those facts and with all due respect to the victims of this tragedy, I see no logical reason why I, a guy living in Columbus, Ohio, should have even heard about the incident in the media let alone it being the grounds for nationwide rioting and protests.
You are looking at one incident and trying to isolate it as a "one time event." But many in the community see this as a continuation of bad cops overstepping their authority. The black community and, now many in the white community see this as just another cop killing a black guy.

But the outrage for George Floyd should be the same for all those whose life has been taken by a rouge cop. The majority of cops are good and contribute to the community. The bad ones need to go.
I go on the fact that cops are people. There are good ones and bad ones with the good ones outnumbering the bad ones probably 50-1. I do not know how to reach a point where there are no more "George Floyd incidents". That is the demand, is it not, no more such incidents?
There will always be some bad cops. But we can't throw up our hands and say, "There is nothing we can do about it." There is something we can do about it. But it is a huge task. It will take time and it will take patience.

When Bill Barr said there is no "systemic racism" he was playing to his boss. He misled in order to score brownie points. How did that turn out for him?
There were riots and protests over the tragic death of George Floyd. How do we reach a point where there are no more George Floyd incidents? Should we expect riots and protests to occur every time there is such a tragedy? Since I don't know how those tragedies can ever be eliminated, it would seem to me that those who protest will never have any rest.

Because Chauvin made a very, very bad decision....both his family and the family of George Floyd will suffer for generations to come. It is a sad situation for all concerned.....
This is my take on the whole thing... the whole thing. My concern is for the health of the American society. That said, the death of Floyd was a tragic incident involving the actions of one person, one cop in a land of 697,195 officers. This one cop was not acting on some official mandate to kill people. The specific actions of the cop were his decisions. Those actions incited groups such as BLM despite no evidence that race or racism was a factor in the death of Floyd. The cop was subsequently arrested and charged. Given those facts and with all due respect to the victims of this tragedy, I see no logical reason why I, a guy living in Columbus, Ohio, should have even heard about the incident in the media let alone it being the grounds for nationwide rioting and protests.
You are looking at one incident and trying to isolate it as a "one time event." But many in the community see this as a continuation of bad cops overstepping their authority. The black community and, now many in the white community see this as just another cop killing a black guy.

But the outrage for George Floyd should be the same for all those whose life has been taken by a rouge cop. The majority of cops are good and contribute to the community. The bad ones need to go.
I go on the fact that cops are people. There are good ones and bad ones with the good ones outnumbering the bad ones probably 50-1. I do not know how to reach a point where there are no more "George Floyd incidents". That is the demand, is it not, no more such incidents?
There will always be some bad cops. But we can't throw up our hands and say, "There is nothing we can do about it." There is something we can do about it. But it is a huge task. It will take time and it will take patience.

When Bill Barr said there is no "systemic racism" he was playing to his boss. He misled in order to score brownie points. How did that turn out for him?
There were riots and protests over the tragic death of George Floyd. How do we reach a point where there are no more George Floyd incidents? Should we expect riots and protests to occur every time there is such a tragedy? Since I don't know how those tragedies can ever be eliminated, it would seem to me that those who protest will never have any rest.
True...it is a daunting task. It won't happen over night or even in a generation...but there is hope. The next generation of kids growing up may not hold the old discriminatory views of their parents. And over time, perhaps police forces all over the nation will weed out the bad cops. It will never be perfect...but this is a start. It is just sad so many lives have been ruined by in the process....

True...it is a daunting task. It won't happen over night or even in a generation...but there is hope. The next generation of kids growing up may not hold the old discriminatory views of their parents. And over time, perhaps police forces all over the nation will weed out the bad cops. It will never be perfect...but this is a start. It is just sad so many lives have been ruined by in the process....
Lives ruined by the continued, unstopped and supportedbyDims black crime you are correct.

Where did you get the idea that Officer Chauvin hates African Americans, and that was the motive for his actions vis-a-vis George Floyd?

That wasn't alleged in court, much less proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Personally, I think the problem is that people expect police officers to mind their own beeswax and avoid ugly confrontations, particularly with members of the African American Race.

The message was delivered in the Floyd case, as well as in the Michael Brown and Freddie Gay cases, and many others. Cops usually weren't convicted of any crimes (the Floyd case is an exception) but the officers were all punished severely with future destroying legal bills.

One man is dead and another will be spending 40 years in prison. How about AG Keith Ellison show a little dignity, with something like: “We had the trial; we’ve got a verdict, I’m not taking any questions”?

Nope!

We got a 1-hour spirit rally for the championship team. The key was teamwork. Our guys practiced every nigh, staying even after the gym had closed! We couldn’t have done it without the fans.

There wasn’t this much triumphalism when Ted Bundy was convicted! He murdered 30 women, escaped from jail twice, and killed again before finally being brought to trial. We didn’t have hours of gloating after they got the Green River Killer, and it took 20 years to catch him.

Forgive and forget, and move on!

The only safe neighborhoods will be rich white ones, like the neighborhood that Biden lives in or the founders of BLM recently moved into.
That's what the black messiah Obozo did.
He, and his even worse half Moochelle, now live in a mansion they purchased on the small island of Martha's Vineyard off the east coast, that's populated by wealthy white people. ... :cool:
That the obamas claimed would be under water in a few weeks because of ' global warming" .
You are a professional liar...
Lol.... please . You lie in every post ... accuse others of what you do! Scum of the earth.

Where did you get the idea that Officer Chauvin hates African Americans, and that was the motive for his actions vis-a-vis George Floyd?

That wasn't alleged in court, much less proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Personally, I think the problem is that people expect police officers to mind their own beeswax and avoid ugly confrontations, particularly with members of the African American Race.

The message was delivered in the Floyd case, as well as in the Michael Brown and Freddie Gay cases, and many others. Cops usually weren't convicted of any crimes (the Floyd case is an exception) but the officers were all punished severely with future destroying legal bills.
Got that idea from the white house and the American hating media , where else?

Yes very sad. Don’t forget the many who did and still do defend the evil murderous action of this cop. It’s sad that partisanship and racism clouds the realities of so many and they can’t see the reality of actual events happening right in front of them. This poison translates to many areas of life and it is very sad that it affects so many.
If we are forced to choose between cops or black crooks I pick the cops

the left wants to take guns that the public needs to defend itself and at the same time tie the hands of the police

Yes very sad. Don’t forget the many who did and still do defend the evil murderous action of this cop. It’s sad that partisanship and racism clouds the realities of so many and they can’t see the reality of actual events happening right in front of them. This poison translates to many areas of life and it is very sad that it affects so many.
If we are forced to choose between cops or black crooks I pick the cops

the left wants to take guns that the public needs to defend itself and at the same time tie the hands of the police
You’re not forced to choose between cops or crooks. That’s your brainwashing kicking in. We get to judge each case on the facts at hand. That’s how it works in real life. Join us sometime

You’re not forced to choose between cops or crooks. That’s your brainwashing kicking in. We get to judge each case on the facts at hand. That’s how it works in real life. Join us sometime
The left is mounting an all out attack on the cops

you can deny it if you want but the threat to law and order is obvious

One man is dead and another will be spending 40 years in prison. How about AG Keith Ellison show a little dignity, with something like: “We had the trial; we’ve got a verdict, I’m not taking any questions”?

Nope!

We got a 1-hour spirit rally for the championship team. The key was teamwork. Our guys practiced every nigh, staying even after the gym had closed! We couldn’t have done it without the fans.

There wasn’t this much triumphalism when Ted Bundy was convicted! He murdered 30 women, escaped from jail twice, and killed again before finally being brought to trial. We didn’t have hours of gloating after they got the Green River Killer, and it took 20 years to catch him.

We just finished four years of a Narscist Mad Man....who made everything a Reality Show....Give me a Break!

The left is mounting an all out attack on the cops

you can deny it if you want but the threat to law and order is obvious
So what? What does that have to do with my comment?

Really? Like the White House judged this case based on the facts at hand?

"We know that police violence disproportionately impacts Black and Latino people in communities and that Black women and girls, like Black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence. We also know that there are particular vulnerabilities that children in foster care, like Ma’Khia, face." ~ Jen Psaki

Saving a girl's life is "police violence"?

"We know that police violence disproportionately impacts Black and Latino people in communities and that Black women and girls, like Black men and boys, experience higher rates of police violence. We also know that there are particular vulnerabilities that children in foster care, like Ma’Khia, face." ~ Jen Psaki

What are you talking about captain random? What does that have to do with my comment?

What are you talking about captain random? What does that have to do with my comment?
I'll type it slow for you. You said that "We get to judge each case on the facts at hand". Right? I said what I said. (^^read again if you need to^^)

My comment points out that lefties like Jen Psaki, Biden and their ilk DO NOT judge each case on the fact at hand. If they did, the White House would not need to codify the shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant as "police violence".

Did that help?

I'll type it slow for you. You said that "We get to judge each case on the facts at hand". Right? I said what I said. (^^read again if you need to^^)

My comment points out that lefties like Jen Psaki, Biden and their ilk DO NOT judge each case on the fact at hand. If they did, the White House would not need to codify the shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant as "police violence".

Did that help?
Not really. I didn’t read Jens statement to say the shooting of Bryant was police violence. Sounded to me like she was speaking to Bryant being vulnerable as a foster child. I for one thought that cop saved the other girls life and should be thanked.

Thank you for this thread, JimH52, because it is sad for victim and human error on the part of cops caught up being blamed for their suspect's death have a sad fate as well, not to mention the politics that nail them to the wall falls somewhere along the continuum between right and wrong.

Making death in the hands dedicated to saving lives has destroyed the careers of many cops who cannot afford the cuts in pay brought on by defunding politicians. Our city streets will become death rows in the new normal if people leave their religion for anarchy of the extremist states that result from today's murderous riots born of hatred for religion and the following divorce of pride in doing peace and good as was done in past generations. And that's what I think.

It is a sad situation for the Chauvin family. They actually cared about him.

The same cannot be said about the Floyd family. They only cared when there was something in it for them. Otherwise, George Floyd wouldn't have been such a complete waste of a life.
Tell me how you know that? Are you clairvoyant? Have you spent a lot of time with the Floyd family? Or are you just pulling this stuff out of your trump humping ass?
The Floyd family is celebrating their 27 million. They forgot about their dead worthless pos scum. His birth was for this reason

It's the beginning of the race wars that the democrat party and their goons in the press are promoting.jo

Soon all of our cities will be engulfed in flames.

Just know it's Orange man's fault.
Why is this the "beginning of the race wars"? Are you going to start one?
You've been starting one for 50 yrs. It is slowly working. Nice job. You've convinced me to welcome one. Good Tv watching these riots of worthless degenerates whos only good use is organ harvesting like the Chinese you adore.

You are dumb and susceptible to the media that feeds your personal political confirmation biases. The low character and intellect must be a bitch for you right now after LOSING a Presidential election. I'm sayin' your bullshit is tired. The verdict where a Caucasian LEO is found GUILTY of MURDER of an arrested and subdued member of the Black community seems icing on the cake for your stupid, racist, superficial outrage. You're pieces of shit supremacists at your core, I get that. Unfortunately for you low intellect knuckle draggers, there is HD video proving the result. Compelling enough to even sway a jury. To convict. On all charges. This is how my view based on the facts makes you political winger idiots look lower than snail shit and unable to sufficiently defend your dumb positions without resorting to dopey conspiracy theories. I'm here to push you slime back under your rocks.

I understand you've lost everything to which you hitched your political wagon to. Sad. :boo_hoo14: Yet, I have absolutely no sympathy ,nor empathy for you. Not even on a humanitarian level, you traitorous fuck nuggets. You and your oppressors caused all this social and political strife in a once great nation because of your FALSE. ENTITLEMENT. FUCK YOUR ENTITLEMENT. I will continue to paint you with that red stain of complete incompetence and embarrassment until you do better and fly right. Or die. Doesn't matter. You don't deserve the liberty this country affords you.

***This opinion is going to be labelled by the very people I'm describing as 'liberal', 'leftist', 'intolerant', 'Communist', 'racist', 'Socialist', 'fascist', or whatever words these low intellect idiots tie together to complete a thought. These idiots have no idea about my actual political philosophy. It just makes their 'feelz' to attack me for my views because since the last administration, politics are a new sport to these mouth breathers. Just take it ALL with a grain of salt.**

You apparently deny Democracy at this point. Because of this, you can suck my rage this until the end of time, you swine. Enjoy the next 8 years.

Nope!

We just finished four years of a Narscist Mad Man....who made everything a Reality Show....Give me a Break!
The trouble with the leftist lockstepper press was its calloused failure to see the sunny side of President Trumps' positive deeds such as expanding the American Dream to include impoverished minority unemployed women and men to get higher-paying jobs than in any other President's term afforded; peace on our shared border with Mexico; peace efforts in the Middle East so good that several foreign countries recommended him to receive an international peace prize for his earnest attempt to mend fences broken 5 thousand years ago in the middle eastern area.

It is a sad situation for the Chauvin family. They actually cared about him.

The same cannot be said about the Floyd family. They only cared when there was something in it for them. Otherwise, George Floyd wouldn't have been such a complete waste of a life.
Tell me how you know that? Are you clairvoyant? Have you spent a lot of time with the Floyd family? Or are you just pulling this stuff out of your trump humping ass?
The Floyd family is celebrating their 27 million. They forgot about their dead worthless pos scum. His birth was for this reason

It's the beginning of the race wars that the democrat party and their goons in the press are promoting.jo

Soon all of our cities will be engulfed in flames.

Just know it's Orange man's fault.
Why is this the "beginning of the race wars"? Are you going to start one?
You've been starting one for 50 yrs. It is slowly working. Nice job. You've convinced me to welcome one. Good Tv watching these riots of worthless degenerates whos only good use is organ harvesting like the Chinese you adore.

You are dumb and susceptible to the media that feeds your personal political confirmation biases. The low character and intellect must be a bitch for you right now after LOSING a Presidential election. I'm sayin' your bullshit is tired. The verdict where a Caucasian LEO is found GUILTY of MURDER of an arrested and subdued member of the Black community seems icing on the cake for your stupid, racist, superficial outrage. You're pieces of shit supremacists at your core, I get that. Unfortunately for you low intellect knuckle draggers, there is HD video proving the result. Compelling enough to even sway a jury. To convict. On all charges. This is how my view based on the facts makes you political winger idiots look lower than snail shit and unable to sufficiently defend your dumb positions without resorting to dopey conspiracy theories. I'm here to push you slime back under your rocks.

I understand you've lost everything to which you hitched your political wagon to. Sad. :boo_hoo14: Yet, I have absolutely no sympathy ,nor empathy for you. Not even on a humanitarian level, you traitorous fuck nuggets. You and your oppressors caused all this social and political strife in a once great nation because of your FALSE. ENTITLEMENT. FUCK YOUR ENTITLEMENT. I will continue to paint you with that red stain of complete incompetence and embarrassment until you do better and fly right. Or die. Doesn't matter. You don't deserve the liberty this country affords you.

***This opinion is going to be labelled by the very people I'm describing as 'liberal', 'leftist', 'intolerant', 'Communist', 'racist', 'Socialist', 'fascist', or whatever words these low intellect idiots tie together to complete a thought. These idiots have no idea about my actual political philosophy. It just makes their 'feelz' to attack me for my views because since the last administration, politics are a new sport to these mouth breathers. Just take it ALL with a grain of salt.**

You apparently deny Democracy at this point. Because of this, you can suck my rage this until the end of time, you swine. Enjoy the next 8 years.
LOLOL. You wrote all that for me???. I'm so touched. Next time make it one sentence. That is all I read..................LOLOLOL

Forum List

Back