The future of Facebook...

Yes, but the publisher has to choose to publish it. FB does not choose what is put on their site. They choose what can stay, but not what is put there initially. Thus the difference between them and a publisher
they choose to put their fact checks on there.

so yes, they do.

they choose who to NOT ALLOW on there, so yea, they do.

True, to me the biggest difference is the prior approval that a publisher has vice a platform.

Just imagine what this site would be like if every post had to be approved before anyone could see it.
s230 made that not necessary. been turned around since 1996 and AOL cds.

Forgive the source, it was just the most convenient one and the fact the MSM is going after FB I think is significant.

On Friday, a consortium of 17 US news organizations began publishing a series of stories — collectively called "The Facebook Papers" — based on a trove of hundreds of internal company documents which were included in disclosures made to the Securities and Exchange Commission and provided to Congress in redacted form by Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen's legal counsel. The consortium, which includes CNN, reviewed the redacted versions received by Congress.

So, what do you all think? Does FB survive this?

Is there a good enough alternative for all those young moms to post things showing what amazing mothers they are to replace FB?

Or does all this get "forgotten" and people go on living on FB like they have been doing?
Facebook WANTS this.

It can afford to self-regulate if this profoundly anti-constutional push (backed by the same TDS-riddled fascists who pushed the Russiagate conspiracy theories et al) succeeds.

The question isn't whether Facebook can survive being thrown into the luxurious briar patch it allegedly so fears, but whether any possible future competitor could afford the associated costs of crushing free speech on a global basis.

Fascism ain't cheap!

If Zuckerberg did not spend all those millions to get Biden elected and censored Facebook to rid itself of any negative posts about Biden, he might be in trouble. But Zucker knows who is in power and who runs things. He's just one more useful tool of the Left.
Liberals, not the left.

Big tech despises the left and seeks to silence it.

The feds have seen the power of social media. The feds like power. They want power. They want control of social media.
And Facebook et al WANT these controls imposed.

This then enshrines them; only they can afford to run the massive MemoryHole boiler rooms that will be needed.

And Facebook et al WANT these controls imposed.

This then enshrines them; only they can afford to run the massive MemoryHole boiler rooms that will be needed.
Yep. Any CEO with any brains welcomes the chance to convert their company into a "public utility". It's guaranteed profit. They can basically take a long break after that, and the money will keep rolling in.

Forgive the source, it was just the most convenient one and the fact the MSM is going after FB I think is significant.

On Friday, a consortium of 17 US news organizations began publishing a series of stories — collectively called "The Facebook Papers" — based on a trove of hundreds of internal company documents which were included in disclosures made to the Securities and Exchange Commission and provided to Congress in redacted form by Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen's legal counsel. The consortium, which includes CNN, reviewed the redacted versions received by Congress.

Is there a good enough alternative for all those young moms to post things showing what amazing mothers they are to replace FB?

Or does all this get "forgotten" and people go on living on FB like they have been doing?
It's just a Trump forum; needs to bite the dust bigly!!!

Yes, but the publisher has to choose to publish it. FB does not choose what is put on their site. They choose what can stay, but not what is put there initially. Thus the difference between them and a publisher
If they choose what can stay, they're acting editorially.

Reverse-engineered editing is still editing, and that makes them a publisher fashioning, framing & shaping news.

If they choose what can stay, they're acting editorially.

Reverse-engineered editing is still editing, and that makes them a publisher fashioning, framing & shaping news.

We are going to get to the point where anything posted to any site/platform has to be pre-approved, and that is going to suck.

I have been on one forum that did this, I stayed less than a day...total waste of time.

We are going to get to the point where anything posted to any site/platform has to be pre-approved, and that is going to suck.
Possibly, but there are workarounds, though not for Facebook et al who actually WANT anti-constitutional controls imposed.
I have been on one forum that did this, I stayed less than a day...total waste of time.
I hear you.

The moderation here is great, and the rules clear and evenly enforced; good moderation makes good forums. :)

Yes.

And government shouldn’t be involved in determining the future of FB.
So, will you speak out against Democrats when that's exactly what they try to do? Or will you make excuses and insist "it's different when we do it"?

Last edited:
A distinction without a difference.

FB nonetheless enjoys First Amendment protections as a private publisher, free from government interference to edit content as it sees fit, at liberty to determine who will or will not participate.

no we are not.

again what is the intent of s230 when written?

Younger people don't use Facebook. They use Instagram and Snapchat. As they grow older, Facebook's future is going to be affected more by that fact than this recent controversy.

Anyone remember Myspace?

Forum List

Back