The fourteenth Dalia Lama, historical annexation by China

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
A timely documentary about the 14th Dalia Lama and China's annexation of Tibet. )communist are evil)

A few other resources I found as questions that raised in my mind while I was watching the video.

I'm certain the world was tired of war at that point but it is a shame that the UN, British and India turned down Tibet's request for help. A beast left unhindered just grows.

A timely documentary about the 14th Dalia Lama and China's annexation of Tibet.

More to the point is the other Lama they arrested before the Dali could escape. I forget the exact title but it is the other Lama (not even known if still alive in Chinese custody) that PICKS/IDENTIFIES the next Dali Lama through divine means.

If the present Dali Lama passes away before the other Lama is found/released, it will break up/destroy the entire historical/tradition/spiritual basis of the entire Tibetan people.

Lama Palden Gyatso, the monk had survived 33 years in Chinese prisons during which he was tortured for refusing to repudiate the Dalai Lama. Lama is a title for a teacher of the Dharma in Tibetan Buddhism.

More to the point is the other Lama they arrested before the Dali could escape. I forget the exact title but it is the other Lama (not even known if still alive in Chinese custody) that PICKS/IDENTIFIES the next Dali Lama through divine means. If the present Dali Lama passes away before the other Lama is found/released, it will break up/destroy the entire historical/tradition/spiritual basis of the entire Tibetan people.

I believe the other, still missing Lama in chinese captivity is called the Panchen Lama.

Forum List

Back