The founder of Rolling Stone thinks only white men are 'masters' of rock.

So did Eddie Van Halen. He popularized finger tapping.

So what? That is just a technique. Hendrix changed the way the electric guitar was perceived and opened the door to the sonic capabilities of the guitar and the gear

Bob Wills had more to do with inspiring rock n roll than any black musicians did; Chuck Berry got his ideas from Wills. Before Wills, bluegrass fiddlers and banjo pickers like Flatts and Scruggs were the first 'speed metal' players on strings.

I know that because all blues music had guitars very early on.

Most of them couldn't tune them; the 'old timey black blues' sounds like shit, moaning drunks and halfwits with zero musical sense. Jazz was a different story, much better.

Update - “Jann Wenner has been removed from the Board of Directors of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation,” the hall said Saturday, a day after Wenner’s comments were published in a New York Times interview.

should have been done 40 years ago.....

Again, no one did it better than Chuck Berry and Little Richard. Nearly every band from the local garage band to the Beatles covered their songs.

Some can be argued to be as good but no one did it better.

you are the one who said it aint great guitar playing....apparently many would say you are full of shit...
I didn't say that. I said it's annoying, repetitive, and simple. You're getting indignant about the wrong thing. To your earlier point about those three chords getting people into guitar - yes, but I don't want to hear everyone's version of the beginning of Smoke on the Water over and over again. That's what blues is like to me. If you enjoy it, good for you.

I didn't say that. I said it's annoying, repetitive, and simple. You're getting indignant about the wrong thing. To your earlier point about those three chords getting people into guitar - yes, but I don't want to hear everyone's version of the beginning of Smoke on the Water over and over again. That's what blues is like to me. If you enjoy it, good for you.
when you say the guitar playing was annoying,repetitive and simple....sure sounds like thats what you said....

when you say the guitar playing was annoying,repetitive and simple....sure sounds like thats what you said....
Can't help you with your logic, but I'll say this and be done with it - Jimi Hendrix or EVH could be playing the blues and I would still find it annoying, repetitive, and simple.

Forum List

Back