The Forward Party

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
We see Mac sit around all day making anti-Trump threads and saying how insane the Left is while saying he is for the Forward party.

Why?

If you are for something, explain what it is, right? But no, Mac does not do that, so I have done it for him

Problems to be Solved:​

• The GDP doesn’t reflect differences in the cost of living, inflation rates of the country, economic inequality, or the health and happiness of its people.
  • The United States has plummeted to twenty-seventh or lower along a variety of dimensions, including such basic measures as life expectancy, clean water, and infant mortality.
  • Reelection rates have nothing to do with legislative quality.
  • Currently, Congress doesn’t have any way to measure if they are implementing laws that will improve their constituents’ lives.

So what is the solution?

Solutions:​

• Congress should adopt a series of measurements and goals that can be modified and reexamined over time.
  • Representatives should select from these measures based on what they believe their constituents would care about then suggest how the laws they are passing will improve them.
  • Use measurements such as, but not limited to:
    • Poverty rates
    • Life expectancy
    • Rates of Business formation
    • Clean Water
    • Crime Rates
    • Overdose deaths
    • Government Efficiency
    • Mental Health
    • Income Growth & Average Incomes
    • Affordability
    • Environmental Sustainability
    • Recidivism
    • Labor-force participation Rate
    • Military Readiness
    • Marriage Rates
    • Quality of Infrastructure
    • Rehabilitation Rates
    • Civic Engagement
    • Education Rates
  • My summary: It simply is pointing to what is going on saying this is bad. The best point is showing how government implements a program and then walks away, leaving it to continue whether it is good or detrimental to society.
This party wants to "fix" everything for everyone, so my guess is the would simply clamor for more control and more spending, much like we see the Climate cultists doing today with their war on fossil fuels around the world with the subsequent massive inflation on energy, thus on everything else as well. Why? Cuz they have to save us all. Yes dear friend, every day we go to the gas pumps we are reminded of how they are saving the planet, it is by forcing us all use less and less and less energy.

Good times.

2. Term limits for Congress

Finally something I can agree with

• Elected officials spend decades in office, losing touch with the rest of us.
  • The constant need to worry about reelection prevents elected officials from doing what we elected them to do - govern!
  • The relationships built over time lead to special interests and lobbyists gaining outsized influence over elected officials.
My Summary: But the notion that once you elect them to Congress they will amend the Constitution to limit their own terms and Congressional power is naive. The only way for this to get done is for the states to amend it for Congress. In other words, it is just virtue signaling as well over 80% of the voters are sick to death of career politicians and want this done.

3. They want a Universal Income

Each American dream is unique, and unlocking potential is the best way a government can support the well-being and success of the citizens that comprise the nation. In a period of unprecedented economic change and technological disruption, we should acknowledge that millions of Americans will need a new way to meet their basic needs and a pathway to stand on. We all have intrinsic value. The majority of Americans are now for universal basic income. Putting money into people’s hands will shore up our economy, create jobs, and improve physical health, mental health, the ability of children to learn, public trust, optimism, and rates of business formation. It is the biggest step we can take to a human-centered economy.

My summary: Increase spending drastically, thus adding to even more inflation and more poverty as everything you own continues to devalue itself.

4. They want to move to more of a pure democracy and do away with the Electoral College

Our current system allows a candidate to win with less than 50% support among voters.

Voters can’t express their opinions, feeling locked into one of the two major-party candidates.

Candidates launch negative attacks against each other and are more focused on firing up their base than building a coalition of support.

My Summary: They oppose how the Founding Fathers wanted to protect the interests of the smaller populated states. In other words, whoever California and New York want to elect as President for the next 100 years will be the next President, since they have the most people. Gee, I wonder how they will vote. LOL. All the other states can go to hell.

Wow, I really do take up a lot of space in people's heads.

As the below logo says, and as I've said MANY times, I'm a one-issue voter: We have to change a system that incentivizes and rewards the worst impulses of its participants. And the Forward Party is the one and only party committed to doing that.

Everything else is secondary. All of it. All the destruction and division and ugliness we're seeing flows from that.

There. I made that absolutely as simple as I could. You're welcome.

oW8fT7k.jpg

Last edited:
3. They want a Universal Income

Each American dream is unique, and unlocking potential is the best way a government can support the well-being and success of the citizens that comprise the nation. In a period of unprecedented economic change and technological disruption, we should acknowledge that millions of Americans will need a new way to meet their basic needs and a pathway to stand on. We all have intrinsic value. The majority of Americans are now for universal basic income. Putting money into people’s hands will shore up our economy, create jobs, and improve physical health, mental health, the ability of children to learn, public trust, optimism, and rates of business formation. It is the biggest step we can take to a human-centered economy.

My summary: Increase spending drastically, thus adding to even more inflation and more poverty as everything you own continues to devalue itself.
These people arent smart. They dont have to be. People will still follow them.

We see Mac sit around all day making anti-Trump threads and saying how insane the Left is while saying he is for the Forward party.

Why?

If you are for something, explain what it is, right? But no, Mac does not do that, so I have done it for him

• The GDP doesn’t reflect differences in the cost of living, inflation rates of the country, economic inequality, or the health and happiness of its people.
  • The United States has plummeted to twenty-seventh or lower along a variety of dimensions, including such basic measures as life expectancy, clean water, and infant mortality.
  • Currently, Congress doesn’t have any way to measure if they are implementing laws that will improve their constituents’ lives.

So what is the solution?

• Congress should adopt a series of measurements and goals that can be modified and reexamined over time.
  • Representatives should select from these measures based on what they believe their constituents would care about then suggest how the laws they are passing will improve them.
    • Poverty rates
    • Life expectancy
    • Clean Water
    • Crime Rates
    • Overdose deaths
    • Government Efficiency
    • Mental Health
    • Affordability
    • Recidivism
    • Military Readiness
    • Marriage Rates
    • Rehabilitation Rates
    • Civic Engagement
    • Education Rates
  • My summary: It simply is pointing to what is going on saying this is bad. The best point is showing how government implements a program and then walks away, leaving it to continue whether it is good or detrimental to society.
This party wants to "fix" everything for everyone, so my guess is the would simply clamor for more control and more spending, much like we see the Climate cultists doing today with their war on fossil fuels around the world with the subsequent massive inflation on energy, thus on everything else as well. Why? Cuz they have to save us all. Yes dear friend, every day we go to the gas pumps we are reminded of how they are saving the planet, it is by forcing us all use less and less and less energy.

Good times.

The only thing I saw in their platform that I would agree with, is term limits. Other than that, the Forward Party wants universal basic income, doesn't like the fact that most stocks are owned by upper-income people, and is perturbed about data collection.

Other than those things, I saw nothing about their view on gun rights, rising crime, immigration policies, foreign policies, abortion, or several other issues. Most of their platform seemed to be a utopian wish list, or thinly disguised and repackaged progressive ideals.

Why?

So what is the solution?

• Poverty rates
    • Life expectancy
    • Clean Water
    • Crime Rates
    • Overdose deaths
    • Government Efficiency
    • Mental Health
    • Affordability
    • Recidivism
    • Military Readiness
    • Marriage Rates
    • Rehabilitation Rates
    • Civic Engagement
    • Education Rates

Good times.

Mac is a Biden supporter through and through, don't let him tell you otherwise. He voted for Biden in 2020, and will again in 2024.

Why?

So what is the solution?

• Poverty rates
    • Life expectancy
    • Clean Water
    • Crime Rates
    • Overdose deaths
    • Government Efficiency
    • Mental Health
    • Affordability
    • Recidivism
    • Military Readiness
    • Marriage Rates
    • Rehabilitation Rates
    • Civic Engagement
    • Education Rates

Good times.

Didn't see anything about securing the border.

The Forward Party was founded by Andrew Yang. His schtick was the Universal Basic Income.

Cities and countries around the world have been experimenting with UBI with a modicum of success.

The earliest proponent of UBI that I know of was Founding Father Thomas Paine, the author of Common Sense.

The Forward Party's platform is here: Our Platform

I'm okay with Term Limits and Ranked Choice Voting.

I like the idea of non-partisan primaries as well.

Another idea of theirs I like:
  • Ban all legislators and anyone who works at a regulatory agency from working for a lobbying firm for a period of time after they leave office/their position.

I also like the idea of automatic tax filing. Several countries do this. It is stupid we don't.

Independent Redistricting Commissions are an outstanding idea.

"Democracy Dollars" are silly.

"Civic Juries" are silly.

"American Exchange Program" is silly.

Anything to do with cryptocurrencies is silly.

Didn't see anything about securing the border.

This is absolutely correct. We are badly in need of immigration reform.

The Forward Party was founded by Andrew Yang. His schtick was the Universal Basic Income.

Cities and countries around the world have been experimenting with UBI with a modicum of success.

The earliest proponent of UBI that I know of was Founding Father Thomas Paine, the author of Common Sense.

• Ban all legislators and anyone who works at a regulatory agency from working for a lobbying firm for a period of time after they leave office/their position.

I also like the idea of automatic tax filing. Several countries do this. It is stupid we don't.

The only goal of the "Forward Party" is to make Andrew Yang richer than he already is.

So you are for a mostly silly party?

That's silly.

From my vantage point, it is a party built upon the Progressive way of doing business, which is redistribution of wealth as they throw money at everything coupled with a myriad of never ending laws and regulations to fix everything by a small elite few individuals or individual party.

I'm done with that way of thinking. How about you?

Another party is not what is needed. What is needed is twofold.

1. Decentralization of power. Power corrupts and the Federal government over time has usurped much power, ranging from telling us what teachers will teach our children and what they will teach to what doctor we see. Most power was given to states, not the Federal government. But the kicker was the US federal income tax and creation of their own little bank in the Fed. Now everyone does their bidding as they throw endless money at everyone. So put any party you wish in there, but put it in a corrupt system and only corruption will follow, but this can only be done by eliminating the centralized control over everyone on the planet.

2. The Founding Fathers stated that only a moral people can be free. You can't legislate that.

As Ben Franklin once said

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.

Put a corrupt people in charge of a perfect government and they will destroy it, but put a moral people in a horrible form of government and they will fix it.

So you are for a mostly silly party?
I am not a member of the Forward Party. I have been unaffiliated with any party since 2017.

But I can support good ideas while rejecting silly ones.

Another party is not what is needed. What is needed is twofold.

1. Decentralization of power. Power corrupts and the Federal government over time has usurped much power, ranging from telling us what teachers will teach our children and what they will teach to what doctor we see. Most power was given to states, not the Federal government. But the kicker was the US federal income tax and creation of their own little bank in the Fed. Now everyone does their bidding as they throw endless money at everyone. So put any party you wish in there, but put it in a corrupt system and only corruption will follow, but this can only be done by eliminating the centralized control over everyone on the planet.
I agree, and this is one of the many reasons I am no longer a Republican.

Forum List

Back