The forgotten history and impact of the first black people to set foot in Europe

In a way, Yes. Mohamed, when he was penning the tenets of his new faith in the Caves of Hira, borrowed heavily from Jewish scripture.

Strict Monotheism, belief in angels and prophets, dietary laws, male circumcision, fixed times for prayers and the separation of the sexes during prayer are all concepts that Mohamed generously borrowed from Judaism.

In many ways, Muslims have much more in common with Jews than do xtians.
In a way. No

Africans sold war captives idiot. But all you racists talking about African slavery do so in order to skip over the fact that we don't live in Africa and slavery was made legal here by whites. Africans did not make U.S. laws.
African tribesmen raided other villages for slaves even when they were not at war. Black racist like yourself constantly ignore the other players in the African slave trade to make it seem as if it was only a European institution.

Africans did not make slavery legal in America and Jim Crow was actually a result of a republican agreement called the 1877 Compromise.
Rutherford Hayes, a republican, made the agreement that ended Reconstruction.
Agreements with whom?

With whom did those Republicans agree when they compromised and allowed slaverly and Jim Crow, order to keep peace and unity?

What policial party was so strongly in favor of slavery and later Jim Crow that they were willing to tear the country apart to keep it prompting the Republicans to finally and reluctantly compromise with them?

Hint: starts with a D.

Last edited:
I complain about what the government has done just like you do.
Do you? I don't remember that. Maybe I need to read more of your posts. I love criticism of government.

Primarily you complain about white people. If you don't get that that is how you come off, then you need to read more of your posts also.
And I get to tell you that your opinion is wrong and ignorant.
Yes, you do! Because like I said, the Republicans made sure that the country stayed united and that the constitution applied to all races.
Because you run your mouth talking bullshit about a situation you have never faced. And you ignore the attitudes of other whites like you which create unnecessary hurdle we have to jump that your white --- doesn't.
Everyone has their own hurdles. What makes the difference is whether they go right over them hardly noticing, take a couple of steps back and run at them to jump with maximum effort or sit on the side of the track crying that they have hurdles so one else does.
Apparently you didn't and you obviously forgot the feudal system of slavery in Europe.
It was serfdom in Europe. Serfdom was very bad, but not on a par with slavery. Your equating serfdom with slavery downplays the suffering of chattel slaves. Nobility did not sell serfs to people on docks to be loaded up on ships as Africans did to slaves.
Your ignorance consistently shows when you make the comments about Africans and slavery, because Africans didn't ship the Africans over here. Africans did not make slavery legal here. Since whites took the slaves instead of leaving them in Africa, whites are responsible for the slavery here. It doesn't matter what Africans did unless Africans were doing it here.
Oh, yes. All that is true. I have no problem admitting it. Why do you get so angry when I bring up the African states' origination of African slavery? It is just as true.
And I used the word cosigned correctly as it pertains to other idiots repeating and/or agreeing with the same stump stupid crap ylu have posted here.
Whew! I was afraid you were going to say I didn't cosign because I red-lined you. Maybe I won't get cancelled after all . . .

I don't want to be offensive, but I can't agree; black slaves in Roman Empire were very rare. But, of course, they knew of the land of Nubia, the land of black people. And there were some in southern Egypt. But that was a long way to go for slaves. There were plenty of potential German and Celtic slaves just a couple of hundred miles to the north; that would be cheaper than going all the way to Africa for slaves.

Generally, the Romans treated their conquered people well; they didn't enslave them unless they revolted. Rome never fought a major war with Nubia, so there wasn't much opportunity to gain enslaved Black people. I doubt they're any enslaved Black people that did manual labor; they were just too expensive. For the same reason, there were no black generals or Roman emperors. In the roman empire, black slaves served one purpose they provided great prestige for their Roman owner: a man had to be very wealthy to own an enslaved Black person. The ancient Romans love to show off their wealth.

The truth of history must be told.

The forgotten history and impact of the first black people to set foot in Europe​

The history of black people in Europe is often overlooked, but their presence on the continent dates back to ancient times and their contributions to European society and culture have been significant and enduring.

One of the earliest recorded instances of black people in Europe was in the Roman Empire, where they were brought as slaves from Africa and the Middle East to work as farm laborers, artisans, and soldiers. In the 15th and 16th centuries, during the Age of Exploration, Portuguese colonizers brought black slaves with them to work on plantations and in mines in the Americas and Africa. These slaves were often treated brutally and were not afforded the same rights as their white counterparts.

The African diaspora in Europe brought with it a rich cultural heritage that influenced various aspects of European society and culture. For example, the spread of Islam throughout Africa and the Middle East in the 7th and 8th centuries brought with it a wealth of knowledge and cultural practices that were embraced by many Europeans. The Moors, a group of Muslim inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula, made important contributions to science, mathematics, and literature, and their influence can still be seen in the architecture and cultural traditions of Spain and Portugal today.

In addition to the cultural influence of the African diaspora, the transatlantic slave trade also had a profound economic impact on Europe. The trade of African slaves provided a cheap source of labor for European colonizers, and the wealth generated by the slave trade helped to fuel the industrialization of Europe. The slave trade also had a profound impact on the economies of African states, as many were stripped of their most valuable resource: human labor.

They came, they saw, they lost!!!

Tuff!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back