Robots and AI Replaced Americas Workforce

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
I understand our attention spans have diminished but watch the first 3 or 4 minutes and see all the workers in this one plant, imagine all the production plants America had before the robots and machines took over?

Today robots replace us and take our jobs, I worked at GM in Atlanta in 1973-74. I was amazed how different it is now,

Last edited:
I understand our attention spans have diminished but watch the first 3 or 4 minutes and see all the workers in this one plant, imagine all the production plants America had before the robots and machines took over?

So why is there this yuge labor shortage, brah? :dunno:

AMC's were decent vehicles, too.

Last edited:

Because companies are only hiring people with "experience" in the field they're hiring. Trust me, I went three months without finding work during peak job shortage, because companies kept turning me away because I didn't have "experience" in that line of work.

On a side note, my plant has a robot in one section that packs boxes with products alongside its human counterparts. It keeps failing, fucks up constantly, and no one can keep it going for very long.

I'm not afraid of the robot revolution. I think we're still farther away from it than most think.

Because companies are only hiring people with "experience" in the field they're hiring. Trust me, I went three months without finding work during peak job shortage, because companies kept turning me away because I didn't have "experience" in that line of work.

On a side note, my plant has a robot in one section that packs boxes with products alongside its human counterparts. It keeps failing, fucks up constantly, and no one can keep it going for very long.

I'm not afraid of the robot revolution. I think we're still farther away from it than most think.
how long before democrats demand voting rights and paid vacation for robots

AMC's were decent vehicles, too.

Because nobody wants to work at MacDonalds and the PTB sent all out factories to foreign nations for low wage, but even before that AI and robots took millions of jobs.
I used to load bucket seats at GM around 1976 a machine was doing that, my best friend who retired from GM , was in Paint dept, now robots do that.

What the hell did you expect?

Yes, but then the need changes to people being needed for the upkeep and maintenance of those robots and AI.

Yes, one person can do that minus the 10 or 20 people who use to do it.Our assembly lines were full of people working at times side by side.

I totally disagree, I saw this first hand, and every year it gets more advanced, and more people lose jobs.

I didn't think I needed at least two years experience to be an office after hours janitor.

But you do have to be one of the chosen for that now, I know in the university janitors make $129,000 yr. But of course, that isn't always the case.

Well you believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I want. I think robots are going to take longer to get around, and it's going to take entire teams just to keep them running.

I wasn't arguing just debating and seeing firsthand how this happens is mind blowing.

Well you believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I want. I think robots are going to take longer to get around, and it's going to take entire teams just to keep them running.
Entire teams with at least two years experience in robot maintenance.

Entire teams with at least two years experience in robot maintenance.

That's called on the job training. I lucked out and found a plant that trains on the job. There are technician teams teaching other technicians every night how to run it.

Maybe if large companies weren't dickwads, and actually took chances on people and gave them on the job training, we wouldn't have labor shortages.

Forum List

Back