The first couple portrayed as apes

We saved their asses in a couple of world wars and now that we have a weak administration the Belgians feel free to ridicule the president of the United States. No big deal, the radical American left did worse to Reagan and Bush.

I'm certain that if the Belgian's respected our POTUS then they would show respect but I'm not too certain that anyone other nation on earth really does. Hell ... 70% of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum don't even respect him.

Last edited:
I disagree with RW: I think the chimp photo is in bad taste and has racist overtones. You, on the other hand, are a birfer, constitutionally challenged, and engage in racial demagoguery, TASB. You are the type of person with whom people refuse to associate.

Yup. And those are the type of people I place on ignore. If they EVER say anything worth the reading, Somebody is bound to repeat it.

:lol:
But..but...as long as I agreed with her, I was NOT on iggy. I used to say something worth while at one time. Not so much any more I guess. :D

Her loss. :banana:

We saved their asses in a couple of world wars and now that we have a weak administration the Belgians feel free to ridicule the president of the United States. No big deal, the radical American left did worse to Reagan and Bush.

I'm certain that if the Belgian's respected our POTUS then they would show respect but i'm not too certain that anyone other other nation on earth really does. Hell ... 70% of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum don't even respect him.

Exactly, these same people howled with glee when a shoe was thrown at Bush WHILE he was Iraq and Hugo Chavez called him a dog on our own homeland

They just can't face the fact, people don't respect Obama and see as nothing more than a arrogant man/boy who should've never been President and that has failed at everything he's touched...They don't trust him to have their backs...and they have a good reason for that, he's proved it

Last edited:
Satire? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Belgian Newspaper Accused Of Racism For Picture Of Obama And Michelle As Apes

I really can't find the possible humor angle. I guess I need to evolve more, or something.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I've been trying to say for years that racism is worse in some countries than in America. Heck, in Mexico the ethnicity of the population is closely controlled. Germans sometimes look at blacks like they're aliens from outer-space.

You are exactly right, although the Germans I met were friendly to me.

Most Germans are nice to everyone.

The officials and King of Belgium respect paedophiles and satanists. If you are not one of them you don't get their respect. Obama should feel flattered! This is a high honor to be rejected by such a bunch. Maybe some folks need to review Michel Nihoul, Dutroux and the monster of Belgium for what goes on in Belgium, eh?

The photo of Bush is in poor taste. The photo of Obama is racist

No, YOU are a racist, that's why you separate them out as if one is different from the other. You see the black man as a monkey, so it offends the years of trying to control such racist thoughts by putting it out there like this for you. You only think it's poor taste for Bush because you see him as a white man who is superior, so it's just in poor taste.

Stop projecting your racism onto others.

I disagree with RW: I think the chimp photo is in bad taste and has racist overtones. You, on the other hand, are a birfer, constitutionally challenged, and engage in racial demagoguery, TASB. You are the type of person with whom people refuse to associate.

You have to understand the context of racism

Depicting Bush as a chimp is demeaning and disrespectful to the office of President
Depicting Obama as a chimp is demeaning, disrespectful to the office of President and RACIST

Think if I had made a reference to feeding Bush watermelon vs feeding Obama watermelon.......it is not the same

No, YOU are a racist, that's why you separate them out as if one is different from the other. You see the black man as a monkey, so it offends the years of trying to control such racist thoughts by putting it out there like this for you. You only think it's poor taste for Bush because you see him as a white man who is superior, so it's just in poor taste.

Depicting Bush as a chimp is demeaning and disrespectful to the office of President
Depicting Obama as a chimp is demeaning, disrespectful to the office of President and RACIST

Think if I had made a reference to feeding Bush watermelon vs feeding Obama watermelon.......it is not the same

oh go stuff a watermelon in your mouth or somewhere else...we've heard it all from you already....blah blah blah racist blah blah racist racist racist

Last edited:

That is complete BS.

That is complete BS.
Really?

How so?

You must love Obama to Obama Lovers. If you do not, then you are unworthy. Eventually. :lol:

There was a gal I knew at another board that had a cow when a bunch of us were talking about Rosie O'Donell. None of us liked her, and this was when she was on The View. So we were discussing Rosie's antics and our dislike of her...not name calling, not belittling her...just saying stuff like "OMG, is she NUTS?" kinda stuff....and this one gal comes blasting in the thread screaming at all of us on how HORRIBLE we were for dissing poor Rosie....then she cussed us out and flounced off the board. We were all like....wtf??

I find likeminded individuals here on the "you must love Obamas or else" mentality. I think its stupid, myself. And a little creepy.

You must love Obama to Obama Lovers. If you do not, then you are unworthy. Eventually. :lol:

There was a gal I knew at another board that had a cow when a bunch of us were talking about Rosie O'Donell. None of us liked her, and this was when she was on The View. So we were discussing Rosie's antics and our dislike of her...not name calling, not belittling her...just saying stuff like "OMG, is she NUTS?" kinda stuff....and this one gal comes blasting in the thread screaming at all of us on how HORRIBLE we were for dissing poor Rosie....then she cussed us out and flounced off the board. We were all like....wtf??

I find likeminded individuals here on the "you must love Obamas or else" mentality. I think its stupid, myself. And a little creepy.

no kidding, they went ape shit over a rodeo skit that has been done with past Presidents...they wanted the poor guy charged with a hate crime...
I'll be glad when Obama is out of lives...It's hard to take these people anymore with their wails of racist every time we turn around...you're accused of it if you talk about Fried chicken and a frkken watermelon
it's gone beyond stupid

Last edited:
The only way the pics could be seen as "racist" is if certain folks secretly harbor a sense that blacks are somehow more related to chimps than humans. So the real "racists" are the first ones who reached that conclusion and raised the battle cry. Are they decrying their own sense of guilt?

Were anyone called racists when George Bush was depicted as a chimp?

Is this a racist photo?:
chimp_man.jpg

The extent to which you and others on the right don’t get it is remarkable – not surprising, but remarkable nonetheless.

The only way the pics could be seen as "racist" is if certain folks secretly harbor a sense that blacks are somehow more related to chimps than humans. So the real "racists" are the first ones who reached that conclusion and raised the battle cry. Are they decrying their own sense of guilt?

Is this a racist photo?:
chimp_man.jpg

The extent to which you and others on the right don’t get it is remarkable – not surprising, but remarkable nonetheless.

OH WE GET IT ALRIGHT...It's been six years of it
you left/liberals Obot's have nothing else to beat people over the head with and you are all just showing how two faced hypocrites you all are

Is this a racist photo?:
chimp_man.jpg

I believe "willful ignorance" describes this situation.

Obama is half black. I see the Belgium photo as crass and crude and possibly racist but I also see it no different than when Bush was shown as a chimp. Unlike some, I don't automatically assume what the newspaper had in their minds when they published it. Obama is not exempt any more than any other president.

I think because of you people and Obama himself, the people will think twice before voting for another black man for president

and it's all because of BS like this over a picture

bravo to you all

Yeah it is, it is racist.

Forum List

Back