The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

I know clarity is something libs are not comfortable with, but we cons like it.
O'Reilly?
And the voters said, they would have supported Powell.

And the majority of that support, was from Republicans
Link?

You want a link that it was the republcians and blue dog dems voting for the republican?

REally? Do you think it was the lib democrats who voted for Powell?

I mean, are you serious? Or just playing defense?
Try not to distract yourself, Mr. Clarity. Mr.
you want to change the subject to hide the point
Focus:
the majority of that support, was from Republicans
Link?

Last edited:
I know clarity is something libs are not comfortable with, but we cons like it.
O'Reilly?
And the voters said, they would have supported Powell.

And the majority of that support, was from Republicans
Link?

You want a link that it was the republcians and blue dog dems voting for the republican?

REally? Do you think it was the lib democrats who voted for Powell?

I mean, are you serious? Or just playing defense?
Try not to distract yourself, Mr. Clarity. Mr.
you want to change the subject to hide the point
Focus:
the majority of that support, was from Republicans
Link?

96 was before everything was online, so finding it online can be a little tricky.

I did find this, reference to a republican poll, 1996.

"In the first-in-the-nation primary, however, Republicans there gave none of the GOP contenders even 30 percent, while 37 percent told exit pollsters they would have voted for Powell. As Powell never set foot in New Hampshire, nor spent a nickel there, that was the important fact of the primary. "

Very strong support among republican voters. More support than any of the actual declared candidates.

Different poll. Just NH. That's all you've got? Sorry to burst your bubble but NH does not speak for all Republicans. Not even close. Admit it. You're done. You've got nothing.
Buchanan is what Powell is not: a leader of culturally extremist forces. He is a Beltway talk-show warrior who thrives on conflict, not on solving problems.
Buchanan was deemed too disgusting but Trump is now just dandy. When will Republicans support a Black candidate? No time soon. That's for sure.

On the other hand, when will the Democrats support a truly progressive candidate like a Bernie or a Tulsi? No time soon. That's for sure.

Last edited:
Different poll. Just NH. That's all you've got? Sorry to burst your bubble but NH does not speak for all Republicans. Not even close. Admit it. You're done. You've got nothing.

As I pointed out, this is from Pre internet days. And I have posted some strong evidence. NH, is not all of the country. But is also not isolated from the country either.

Maybe it is YOUR turn to post something from the period to support YOUR position.

What exactly is your position?

Is it your argument that the exit polls was mostly white lib dems and black dems supporting Powell (vs clinton)?

Buchanan is what Powell is not: a leader of culturally extremist forces. He is a Beltway talk-show warrior who thrives on conflict, not on solving problems.
Buchanan was deemed too disgusting but Trump is now just dandy. When will Republicans support a Black candidate? No time soon. That's for sure.

On the other hand, when will the Democrats support a truly progressive candidate like a Bernie or a Tulsi? No time soon. That's for sure.

As I demonstrated repeatedly, republicans supported a black candidate in 96

There were other times that republicans supported black candidates. Here is another. This guy I personally liked MORE than Powell.

"Cain garnered 25 percent support of Republican primary voters in the poll released on Tuesday, compared to Romney's 21 percent. "

"Cain's support surged among voters who identified with the conservative Tea Party wing of the Republican party, rising to 32 percent in mid-October from 18 percent just a few weeks ago. That's more than four times the level of support he had from the group in mid-September. "

Funny how his support is from the conservative side of the party. It is almost as if the lefty stereotypes of the republicans is just completely wrong.

My position is that we're all fucked.. until we get together and fight back. Until money no longer speaks for us instead of ourselves. Until the owner class is no more.

My position is that we're all fucked.. until we get together and fight back. Until money no longer speaks for us instead of ourselves. Until the owner class is no more.

That's nice.

Part of fighting back would be rejecting their prepacked division.

Why are you pretending that the gop would not have elected Powell or Cain, if they had won the primaries?

How does that fight back against The Man?

This guy I personally liked MORE than Powell.

1585419274482.png

Oh, I'm intolerant of other's opinions now? So desperate you're now making this about some shit you've dreamt up about me.
Here is a plausible reason that they become Republicans, they have a choice and their ideal align more closely to the Republican party than to the Democratic party.
Here's more. Racism. Xenophobia. Intolerance. Fear.

Oh, I'm intolerant of other's opinions now? So desperate you're now making this about some shit you've dreamt up about me.
Here is a plausible reason that they become Republicans, they have a choice and their ideal align more closely to the Republican party than to the Democratic party.
Here's more. Racism. Xenophobia. Intolerance. Fear.

That's my signature line. It's been that for years. It is a reference to why some voters might vote republican. It is not personally directed at you.

Are you smoking pot, right now?

You are acting crazy.

What you Tea Party nuts have never grasped is that you're just willing tools. Putty in the hands of the corporate elite who brought us the first Hollywood President, Reagan, to bash government as though no government was ever an option. Meanwhile, that same corporate elite buys all the government they possibly can, for fun and profit, at our expense. All now culminating in Trump. A two bit crook openly destroying government and us all, as best he can manage, thanks to nincompoops like you.

Why are you pretending that the gop would not have elected Powell or Cain, if they had won the primaries?
Very funny. That's like saying the Earth would be flat were it not for being round. The primaries exist to narrow the field down to one candidate who will run against the selection from the other half of the corporate duopoly. If the GOP really wanted a Powell or a Cain it would selected a Powell or a Cain as its presidential candidate through its primary process.

What you Tea Party nuts have never grasped is that you're just willing tools. Putty in the hands of the corporate elite who brought us the first Hollywood President, Reagan, to bash government as though no government was ever an option. Meanwhile, that same corporate elite buys all the government they possibly can, for fun and profit, at our expense. All now culminating in Trump. A two bit crook openly destroying government and us all, as best he can manage, thanks to nincompoops like you.

Dude. The Big Money is AGAINST Trump. They were on Hillary's side in the last election.

Dude. The Big Money is AGAINST Trump. They were on Hillary's side in the last election.
It was on both sides as always, ergo "Corporate Duopoly" - THINK about it, numbnuts.

Forum List

Back