The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

And the majority of that support, was from Republicans,
Link?
Powell was not an "obama". I'm not sure why you said that
Black? Not just hypothetical?

Both black. Powell was indeed, unfortunately a hypothetical. But beyond that, there were a lot more differences, like a lifetime of military service, and actually being in charge of shit, and NOT being a member of a racist anti-American political ideology for twenty years.

LOL
Powell is well known for his willingness to support liberal or centrist causes. He is pro-choice regarding abortion, and in favor of "reasonable" gun control.
{...snip...}
supports affirmative action
{...snip...}
referred to neoconservatives within the Bush administration as "fucking crazies."

Yes. I recall discussing his moderate political views with republican friends of mine that liked him. His support on the Right was based on his past military service and his support among the moderate and liberal factions of the Party were more based on his actual positions.

He thus was able to do the trick that all strong candidates of Big Tent parties have to be able to pull off, ie appealing to the diverse factions that make up the Party.

But regardless, the point is, he was able to do that, and his race was not a problem for the vast majority of republican voters, nor for the Reagan Democrats, as indicated by the various polls.

This disproves the claim that the lack of black republican presidents is republican racism.

Would you like to look at another black republican candidate now? For FURTHER proof.

Sure,
Obama:
support liberal or centrist causes? √
pro-choice regarding abortion? √
in favor of "reasonable" gun control? √
supports affirmative action? √

Sure,
Obama:
support liberal or centrist causes? √
pro-choice regarding abortion? √
in favor of "reasonable" gun control? √
supports affirmative action? √

This thread is about republicans. Specifically the lack of black republican presidents.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up Obama. You seem confused.

We've established that republicans were happy to support Colin Powell, thus disproving the claim that the reason for the lack of black republican candidates is republican racism.

WOuld you like to look at other black republican candidates now, to see if any of them also got support of republican voters? As further proof that republicans are fine with the idea?

Powell was not an "obama". I'm not sure why you said that.
You seem confused. Obama's record was Republican viewed from historical standards. GWBush was "fucking crazy" as is Trump.

If you want to discuss abortion, gun control, or affirmative action, go start a thread on them. This thread is about the lack of republican black presidents.

The claim has been made, that the reason is republican racism.

I have shown that to be false, with documentation, that the republican voters were happy to support Colin Powell in 1996.

I have asked you if you want to discuss another example, of black republican presidential candidates and if they got the support of republican voters.

That is the topic. Do you wish to discuss the topic?

I vote
KingFace (Conservative Thug)
kingface-conservative-thug.png
That face. Looks like a real winner!

You've shown? This is your topic to define and police now?

The topic is black republican presidents. YOu are talking about Obama and Trump. I've asked you if you want to talk about other black republican presidential candidates.

Oh, I get it. You know that I did refute the claim about republican racism.

You are here to derail the thread, to try to bury that.

Sorry, I am still sleepy. Took me a second.

I am not a moderator. I am the guy that refuted the thread claim.

Would you like to discuss it again, with a second example?

I am the guy that refuted the thread claim.
In your dreams, no doubt.
I doubt he is runing any time soon. What is your point?
Try reading the OP?

1. The numbers are clear enough, that you want to change the subject to hide the point. SO, yes, refuted.

2. I read the op. You posted a pic of some young guy. THat is not a point.

3. Do you want to discuss the thread topic with another example?

1. I voted one of the choices offered in the OP, Mr. Oblivious.
2. You've refuted nothing. Faun destroyed your feeble effort long before I did.
3. Responding with lists like this is juvenile.

Last edited:
1. I voted one of the choices offered in the OP, Mr. Oblivious.
2. You've refuted nothing.
3. Responding with lists like this is juvenile.

1. Oh, got it. Well this has been going on quite a while. The OP was fairly dishonest. He was pretending to ask a question, but really, he dismissed anything and everything that was not just race baiting.

2. ANd yes, I've refuted it. That is why you are here trying to confuse the issue.

3. Nope. It helps keep points and counter points clear. I know clarity is something libs are not comfortable with, but we cons like it.

4. Would you like to discuss the topic with another example of a black presidential candidate?

I know clarity is something libs are not comfortable with, but we cons like it.
O'Reilly?
And the voters said, they would have supported Powell.

And the majority of that support, was from Republicans
Link?

You want a link that it was the republcians and blue dog dems voting for the republican?

REally? Do you think it was the lib democrats who voted for Powell?

I mean, are you serious? Or just playing defense?

Forum List

Back