The Federal Reserve Is Bailing Out The Banks Again

As I have explained in other topics, investors are sitting on countless trillions of underwater sovereign and corporate debt world-wide. They irresponsibly took on astronomical amounts of interest rate risk.

Interest rate risk is what did Silicon Valley Bank in.

Because of Silicon Valley Bank's collapse, the Federal Reserve, which was a major contributor to inflation and is now the principle cause of interest rate risk, has quietly opened a new program to bailout banks which are carrying too much interest rate risk.

To support American businesses and households, the Federal Reserve Board on Sunday announced it will make available additional funding to eligible depository institutions to help assure banks have the ability to meet the needs of all their depositors. This action will bolster the capacity of the banking system to safeguard deposits and ensure the ongoing provision of money and credit to the economy.

The Federal Reserve is prepared to address any liquidity pressures that may arise.

The additional funding will be made available through the creation of a new Bank Term Funding Program (BTFP), offering loans of up to one year in length to banks, savings associations, credit unions, and other eligible depository institutions pledging U.S. Treasuries, agency debt and mortgage-backed securities, and other qualifying assets as collateral. These assets will be valued at par. The BTFP will be an additional source of liquidity against high-quality securities, eliminating an institution's need to quickly sell those securities in times of stress.

"These assets will be valued at par."

Of course. Of course.

Things aren't as sound as they would have you believe.

No surprise that they are failing. They take on risky endeavours and cry when they don't produce. Let em fail. I was against the bailouts in 2008 and am against them now.

No surprise that they are failing. They take on risky endeavours and cry when they don't produce. Let em fail. I was against the bailouts in 2008 and am against them now.
The Federal Reserve bailed out the zombie banks, and now the Too Big To Fail Banks are bigger than ever. They are now Too Big To Save.

At least SVB was shuttered and the pieces are being sold off. That's what should be done to institutions whose bad models have failed.

Should bigger banks start to fail, though, the Fed will rescue them. This insurance scheme is just a finger in the dike.

What a bunch of paranoid, AM radio nonsense.

What a croc of delusional Marxist buffoonery you bring to the table.
You're a certified fool who can't think or see for yourself.

The Bidens have done well with Chinese cash.
Millions paid to Hunter because of his world class paintings? I'm sure you believe that was legitimate.

Many US institutions receive lots of Chinese cash.
Huawei is just a harmless innocent Chinese tech co
Those balloons over the US? Just there to drop flowers and love notes to American citizens.
Yeah, China is no threat to America....just a bunch of "paranoid AM radio nonsense"

You always come across as VERY Pro-China, pro Communism btw

Last edited:
The blame rests for the most part with a Republican controlled Congress and Trump who rolled back banking regulations.
Fake news.

Show me a stress test that said anything but interest rates falling from and economic downturn.

Good luck, since none exist...just more Democrat defection of blame.

Biden inflation and the subsequent emergency rate hikes attempting to control it are the SOLE cause of these bank failures.

Fake news.

Show me a stress test that said anything but interest rates falling from and economic downturn.

Good luck, since none exist...just more Democrat defection of blame.

Biden inflation and the subsequent emergency rate hikes attempting to control it are the SOLE cause of these bank failures.

Do you really think Biden and his band of Bozos have enough sense to know how to run a country?
Most of them are career politicians or have been floated by one. Actual business experience? Make me laugh.

Biden and his "admin" are taking marching orders from elsewhere.
Since most of his edicts seem to harm America and help Europe and China...guess where his guidance comes from?

Last edited:
Do you really think Biden ans his band of Bozos have enough sense to know how to run a country?
Most of them a career politicians or have been floated by one. Actual business experience? Make me laugh.

Biden and his "admin" are taking marching orders from elsewhere.
Since most of his edicts seem to harm America and help Europe and China...guess where his guidance comes from?
I think inflation was inevitable, but Democrats and Biden exacerbated the problems and was the lynchpin catalyst for the 8.8% inflation we are currently experiencing....the worst we've faced in four decades.

From DEMANDING the shuttering of the economy during Covid to attacking fossil fuel industry and every step in between.

Inflation was on the DECLINE during the Trump presidency.

Screenshot_20230315-221539-873.png

And that graph only goes to 2021.

2022 was almost DOUBLE THAT at 8.8%

And that's on TOP of the 4.7 percent from 2021, because inflation is measure year over year.

Trump told us shutting down the economy would be worse than the pandemic itself.

Looks like he was right.

Last edited:
As I have explained in other topics, investors are sitting on countless trillions of underwater sovereign and corporate debt world-wide. They irresponsibly took on astronomical amounts of interest rate risk.

Because of Silicon Valley Bank's collapse, the Federal Reserve, which was a major contributor to inflation and is now the principle cause of interest rate risk, has quietly opened a new program to bailout banks which are carrying too much interest rate risk.

To support American businesses and households, the Federal Reserve Board on Sunday announced it will make available additional funding to eligible depository institutions to help assure banks have the ability to meet the needs of all their depositors. This action will bolster the capacity of the banking system to safeguard deposits and ensure the ongoing provision of money and credit to the economy.

The Federal Reserve is prepared to address any liquidity pressures that may arise.

The additional funding will be made available through the creation of a new Bank Term Funding Program (BTFP), offering loans of up to one year in length to banks, savings associations, credit unions, and other eligible depository institutions pledging U.S. Treasuries, agency debt and mortgage-backed securities, and other qualifying assets as collateral. These assets will be valued at par. The BTFP will be an additional source of liquidity against high-quality securities, eliminating an institution's need to quickly sell those securities in times of stress.

Of course. Of course.

The Federal Reserve is the banks sugar daddy.

Of course. Of course.

Glass-Stegall should have never been repealed, updated yes but not repealed.

Yes, the alternative would be worse, but that does not let the Fed off the hook for their colossal fuckup.
I think you have a lot of work ahead of you to do to prove that The Quantitative easing caused The current inflation.

I think you have a lot of work ahead of you to do to prove that The Quantitative easing caused The current inflation.
I tend to agree with g5000 on this...but I'm not an expert.

What is your theory on the cause of the current inflation?

No need to write a thesis paper. Just a sentence or two and perhaps point to a substantiating article that gives more in-depth explanation.

By not being an expert, I'm 100% open to competing theories.

FortFoolIndiana.jpg
What a bunch of paranoid, AM radio nonsense.

A few hours later that same day in the headlines............

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/hunter-biden-joe-biden-oversight/2023/03/16/id/1112487/

BidenTiesToChina.jpg

What was that You and G500 said? Quote - You said......."What a bunch of paranoid, AM radio nonsense."

Fort Fool Indiana........If you weren't so low information I'd feel sorry for you. Looks like I'm just too far ahead of you as usual.
That, or as I suspect....you are a Communist Cult Boot Licker.

As I correctly implied - Biden and his handlers are so far up Xi's ass they can see his tonsils.

Last edited:
I don't care what some cult liar says without a shred of evidence. Sorry.

"Without a - shred - of evidence" you say?
Well then your position of limited information would be in conflict with many Americans and much factual evidence.
Hunter Biden is a self confessed drug abuser,...who has been paid millions by the Chinese for his "world class, amazing Picaso caliber paintings". And you obviously find that perfectly legitimate.
To make it any more obvious I'd have to stick a finger in your eye with Hunter leg humping Xi painted on it.

Biden Administration China Ties Reveal a Deeper Disturbing Truth | Opinion​

Biden Administration China Ties Reveal a Deeper Disturbing Truth

In Foreign Policy, Biden Polls Worst on China​

In Foreign Policy, Biden Polls Worst on China

Chinese elite have paid some $31 million to Hunter and the Bidens​

Chinese elite have paid some $31 million to Hunter and the Bidens

Joe Biden must clear the air on Hunter Biden and his China business dealings — win or lose​

Opinion | Win or lose, Joe Biden must commit to clearing the air about his son and China

Poll: Almost Two-Thirds of American Voters Believe Biden Is Compromised by China​

Poll: Almost 2/3rd of American Voters Say Biden Compromised by China

Some of these are from YOUR trusted sources.

Joe Biden’s connection to his son Hunter Biden’s scandals, including Hunter’s receiving $4.8 million from the Chinese Communist Party, is resonating with the public, judging from a poll that reveals almost two-thirds — or 63.7 percent — of American voters now think the president has been compromised.

And a solid majority — 52.3 percent — answered that it is “very likely” that Biden has been compromised by the Chinese.

Last edited:
But you did say one thing that resonates about your attitude towards America........
You said, Quote - "I don't care"

In case you're still confused I'll say it one more time.......

Biden is a FOREIGN AGENT which means he has interests and dealings that are more favorable for a foreign nation than his own. His ties to China are well known. Your unwillingness to admit the facts says volumes about you and is likely an indication of your own ties to Communist China.

I suspect this is the foundation for your defense of China and rejection of honesty in revealing factual information on Joe Biden and family. I also suspect you are a Marxist with sympathies for the brutal murderous Communist regimes.
For all we know, you may be Chinese.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back