The Fed may 'just get it over with' by raising rates as much as 100 basis points at the next meeting and then hiking one more time

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This may be the time to move some of your money.

The Fed may 'just get it over with' by raising rates as much as 100 basis points at the next meeting and then hiking one more time, says market bull Ed Yardeni​

• The Fed could "just get it over with" by lifting rates 100 basis points this month and then hiking one more time, according to Ed Yardeni.
  • The market bull suggested the Fed may decide to frontload its rate hikes to tackle inflation more aggressively.
  • Markets are pricing in an 84% probability that the central bank will lift rates by 75 basis points at the next meeting.

The Fed may 'just get it over with' by raising rates as much as 100 basis points at the next meeting and then hiking one more time, says market bull Ed Yardeni​

I can't afford to move money, the capital gains tax would be staggering.
I just buy and hold, the market always comes back and moves higher.
The dividends are still the reward for holding.

I can't afford to move money, the capital gains tax would be staggering.
I just buy and hold, the market always comes back and moves higher.
The dividends are still the reward for holding.

I hear ya, but a lot of retired people right now are sweating bullets.

That might not be enough though, to bring down the inflation rate to 2 or 3%. AND, it could pull us into a recession. Demand would drop, but so would supply.

Forum List

Back