The Fed has $48T in Secret Repos in 2020

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Well, I'm at a loss for words here

If this is correct, well, these things never end well....

"“How many repos are we talking [about]?” the author of the report asks. “According to term-adjusted cumulative totals, the Fed extended $19.87 trillion in repo loans to the trading arms of Wall Street and foreign megabanks in Q4 of 2019 alone. And then, the Fed pumped another $28.06 trillion more repo loans in Q1 of 2020. That comes to a mind-boggling, astronomical $47.93 trillion in repo bailouts,” the Occupy the Fed researcher’s report adds.:

Report: Fed’s Secret Repo Loans to Megabanks in 2020 Eclipsed 2008 Bailouts, Data Dump Shows $48 Trillion in Stealth Funding – Bitcoin News

Why are we not screaming about how Trump ruined the economy by spending too much and giving free stuff away? The feds were always under his thumb and he was always pressuring them.
1650146661878.jpeg

Because we flourished under Trump. Lower taxes, lower food prices, gas prices, oil prices.....
Not in 2020, duh, do you always live in an alternate world?
The reason as to why we be having high inflation is because of what happened before 2021 can you not see the correlation for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction? During Trump banks were failing which is NOT an indication of good times.

OMG!!! That's awful!

Horrible!

What's a "repo bailout"?

The Fed doles out trillion of dollars and doesn't bother to inform the American taxpayers, who are ultimately responsible.

1. End the Fed
2. No new Spending
3. Zero based budgeting

Last edited:
Responsible? For a collateralized short-term loan?

How does that work?

The Fed gives the banks cash, the banks had the Fed a note saying I'll back this back from you tomorrow, or when ever for 1.005% of the face value

Last edited:
The Fed gives the bans cash, the banks had the Fed a note saying I'll back this back from you tomorrow, or when ever for 1.005% of the face value

Collateralized.
That means the banks gave the Fed securities worth between 101% and 111% of the loan amount.
How is the taxpayer on the hook for any of that?

Not in 2020, duh, do you always live in an alternate world?
The reason as to why we be having high inflation is because of what happened before 2021 can you not see the correlation for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction? During Trump banks were failing which is NOT an indication of good times.
Bullshit. Bad businesses go out of business or get bought out. That includes banks. OBiden has caused this mess. All of it.
I want Trump back. We all did better with him at the helm. You did and you know it every time you fill up, if you can still afford to do that...

Forum List

Back