The fallacy of self defence by gun

Did you read the Harvard link?

I stopped after reading this:

"We use epidemiological theory to explain why the “false positive” problem for rare events can lead to large overestimates of the incidence of rare diseases or rare phenomena such as self-defense gun use. We then try to validate the claims of many millions of annual self-defense uses against available evidence. We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid."

The reason I stopped was because it doesn't matter. What matters is not the sum total, but the individual cases.

Also, that so-called "study" is a bunch of horseshit. Consider this:

"We analyzed data from a telephone survey of 5,800 California adolescents aged 12-17 years, which asked questions about gun threats against and self-defense gun use by these young people. We found that these young people were far more likely to be threatened with a gun than to use a gun in self-defense,"

Well, no shit. Of course people ages 12-17 aren't going to use a gun for self defense. You know why that is? Because people ages 12-17 aren't allowed to own guns.

Also, given your very first sentence in this thread, I knew this was going to be nothing more than anti-gun liberal whining.

I'm alive today because I was armed, and there's not a study in the world which will ever negate that. Are there millions of people like me?

Goddamn, I hope so...

R
It's actually "wash, rinse, repeat", dipshit.

But back to the topic. This is why you're a subject, not a citizen, and your government doesn't recognize your civil rights (because they don't have to). You let them do it.
And again, you're just repeating the same old shite.

Back to the topic, millions of the self defence claims were debunked. I bet that that's softened your erection with guns

The Harvard report highlights the fact that you swallowed the crap in your link. You posted your link because you didn't read the Harvard link, that's why you come across as a complete bake.

Do you now comprehend?

I have long known that Hahvad is full of crap and you like to roll in their crap which is why you think and live like a caveman.

:cuckoo:

Meanwhile actual REPORTED self defense reports you ignored is in my link from a CDC study that the OBAMA ADMINSTRATION funded and accepted when completed.

"The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”

and,

"According to a National Academies press release, organizations supporting the CDC study have close ties to Obama.

When contacted by CNSNews, the Annie E. Casey Foundation issued a statement reaffirming its support for the study, which “is in keeping with our work to collaborate with public agencies, nonprofit organizations, policymakers and community leaders to make a positive impact on the lives of kids, families and communities.” Patrick Corvington, the foundation’s former senior associate, was nominated by Obama and confirmed in 2010 as CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service."

:oops8:
The claims were found to be invalid against the evidence.

The Harvard link does nothing to diminish what I said.
At least 100,000 defensive gun uses per year.
FAR more often than murder and suicide.

I know you hate it when the truth does not line up with your preconceptions - but there's nothing I can do about it.
Demonstrate that guns in self defence had valid evidence

R

And again, you're just repeating the same old shite.

Back to the topic, millions of the self defence claims were debunked. I bet that that's softened your erection with guns

They weren't debunked at all, because they weren't examined on an individual basis. I know you're stupid, but surely you aren't so stupid you couldn't even discern that simple, 4th grade-level fact, right?

The Harvard link does nothing to diminish what I said.

I know you hate it when the truth does not line up with your preconceptions - but there's nothing I can do about it.
Again, read the Harvard link, you're still sounding like a right bake.

Demonstrate that guns in self defence had valid evidence
I gave you the link to the data and the conclusion to same - if you had read it, you;d realize it is all right there.

They weren't debunked at all, because they weren't examined on an individual basis. I know you're stupid, but surely you aren't so stupid you couldn't even discern that simple, 4th grade-level fact, right?
It's obvious you're down at 4th grade level because the words in the Harvard link shot right over your head.

I accept your surrender
And thus, yours.
When you can show how your "Harvard link" addresses, much less Invalidates. the information I presnted , let us know.

177300 + 123800 / 3 = 100,000 defensive gun uses per year.

1652990711895.png

Last edited:
We have an english turd who deliberately avoids a real debate and doesn't make any counterpoints and refuses to believe that some here are well acquainted with the shitty hahvard reputation on gun issues.

Notice the english turd didn't counter Canon Shooters post 61 statements about the hahvard "study" at all.

It is clear we are dealing with an english turd has demonstrated no debate skills at all as the turd ignored two of my links, M14 shooter link and Canon shooters easy expose of the shitty hahvard crap.

The turd doesn't realize gun nuts have been losing the national debate for many years now because they are as full of shit as this english turd is.

That's a Trump tactic when cornered, attack the source, lol.
When the author is a known left wing activist... Yep its crap and nothing more than Authoritarian garbage approved by Harvard left wing psychopaths. Now when we look at this idiots facts, where did he get them? DO you know? Left wing anti-gun groups. Confirming that the whole article is GARBAGE and propaganda..

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defence was a fallacy, and we all know it is. So what's with the gun nuts running off and copying pasting articles from shady sources?

Well look no further, just simply check with Harvard and the studies -

Pardon the pun, Harvard blow holes in the gun nut's self defence argument.

So anyone arming up for the mistaken belief they need to for self defence against others, they're the worst candidate to own a gun.

Nice load of horsecrap.

I stopped after reading this:

"We use epidemiological theory to explain why the “false positive” problem for rare events can lead to large overestimates of the incidence of rare diseases or rare phenomena such as self-defense gun use. We then try to validate the claims of many millions of annual self-defense uses against available evidence. We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid."

The reason I stopped was because it doesn't matter. What matters is not the sum total, but the individual cases.

Also, that so-called "study" is a bunch of horseshit. Consider this:

"We analyzed data from a telephone survey of 5,800 California adolescents aged 12-17 years, which asked questions about gun threats against and self-defense gun use by these young people. We found that these young people were far more likely to be threatened with a gun than to use a gun in self-defense,"

Well, no shit. Of course people ages 12-17 aren't going to use a gun for self defense. You know why that is? Because people ages 12-17 aren't allowed to own guns.

Also, given your very first sentence in this thread, I knew this was going to be nothing more than anti-gun liberal whining.

I'm alive today because I was armed, and there's not a study in the world which will ever negate that. Are there millions of people like me?

Goddamn, I hope so...
California also has nearly, if not the, most draconian anti-gun laws in the USA.

Forum List

Back