The fallacy of self defence by gun

Heritage

Defensive Gun Uses in the U.S.

Updated May 9, 2022

Excerpt:

All of the law-abiding citizens featured in this database successfully defended their liberties, lives, or livelihoods with the lawful use of a firearm. These cases are not based on hearsay, but on verifiable reports found through public sources.

LINK
It would be better if you actually read the Harvard link

I don't give a flying fuck what some Harvard study says.

I carry a gun every day, and have for a long time.

I have twice used my firearm to protect me and my loved ones. In one of those instances, thankfully, I didn't have to pull the trigger. In the other instance, though, I did. There were three armed assailants. I shot two of them. The third ran away. One of the two I shot is in prison. The other one is in the ground. He died on the sidewalk.

I think about that, literally, every single day. I ended someone's life. Sure, he was a scumbag, but I ended his life with two .45 rounds to the chest. I remember telling my family that I had killed a man. I remember the look on the face of my daughter, who's been a lifelong democrat. Her anti-gun stance ended the day I told her. My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I would be dead today had I not been armed. Of that I am absolutely certain.

I don;t care how many times a gun has been used in self defense. It doesn't matter an iota to me. All I care about is the two times where I was involved.

Every single fucking day I remind myself: I killed a man.

That's a heavy weight to carry.

And, given the same circumstances, I wouldn't hesitate to carry that weight again...
Did you read the Harvard link?

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defence was a fallacy, and we all know it is. So what's with the gun nuts running off and copying pasting articles from shady sources?

Well look no further, just simply check with Harvard and the studies -

Pardon the pun, Harvard blow holes in the gun nut's self defence argument.

So anyone arming up for the mistaken belief they need to for self defence against others, they're the worst candidate to own a gun.
“All reported cases of criminal gun use, as well as many of the so-called self-defense gun uses, appear to be socially undesirable.” WTF? Is there a criminal gun use that isn’t “socially undesirable?” And what constitutes “many?” How do they define “socially undesirable” when used in the context of self defense? WTF are they babbling about?

Rinse, wash, repeat. Already had a thread on gun nut tactics. Do try better please.

The "gun nut tactics" were used by your government on you, dipshit. That's how your government disarmed you, kept all the guns for themselves, and now shits on your civil rights whenever they feel like, while you silently take it like the little bitch you are. And I'm sure you supported it every step of the way. You people are sheep.

Sunsettommy

Harvard link states, "We use epidemiological theory to explain why the “false positive” problem for rare events can lead to large overestimates of the incidence of rare diseases or rare phenomena such as self-defense gun use. We then try to validate the claims of many millions of annual self-defense uses against available evidence. We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid."

You are just listing the debunked claims

Last edited:
The "gun nut tactics" were used on you, dipshit. That's how your government disarmed you, kept all the guns for themselves, and now shits on your civil rights whenever they feel like, while you silently take it like the little bitch you are. And I'm sure you supported it every step of the way. You people are sheep.
Rinse, wash, repeat.

Try to get back on topic, when gun nuts get spanked, they default to the Rinse, Wash, Repeat shite.

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defense was a fallacy, and we all know it is
The Violence Policy Center - a rabidly anti-gun organization - estimates at least 100,000 defensive gun uses each year.
https://vpc.org/studies/justifiable20.pdf
Page 6

That's about 10x more often than guns are used to commit murder and 5x more often than guns are used to commit suicide.

Thus: You speak from ignorance and bigotry.

The Violence Policy Center - a rabidly anti-gun organization - estimates at least 100,000 defensive gun uses each year.
https://vpc.org/studies/justifiable20.pdf
Page 6

That's about 10x more more than guns are used to commit murder and 5x more often than guns are used to commit suicide.

Thus - you speak from ignorance and bigotry.
Another bake that hasn't read the Harvard link.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Try to get back on topic, when gun nuts get spanked, they default to the Rinse, Wash, Repeat shite.

It's actually "wash, rinse, repeat", dipshit.

But back to the topic. This is why you're a subject, not a citizen, and your government doesn't recognize your civil rights (because they don't have to). You let them do it.

Sunsettommy

Harvard link states, "We use epidemiological theory to explain why the “false positive” problem for rare events can lead to large overestimates of the incidence of rare diseases or rare phenomena such as self-defense gun use. We then try to validate the claims of many millions of annual self-defense uses against available evidence. We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid."

You are just listing the dunked claims

Meanwhile actual REPORTED self defense reports you ignored is in my link from a CDC study that the OBAMA ADMINSTRATION funded and accepted when completed.

"The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”

and,

"According to a National Academies press release, organizations supporting the CDC study have close ties to Obama.

When contacted by CNSNews, the Annie E. Casey Foundation issued a statement reaffirming its support for the study, which “is in keeping with our work to collaborate with public agencies, nonprofit organizations, policymakers and community leaders to make a positive impact on the lives of kids, families and communities.” Patrick Corvington, the foundation’s former senior associate, was nominated by Obama and confirmed in 2010 as CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service."

:oops8:

Forum List

Back