The fallacy of self defence by gun

Did you know, 65% of burglaries occur between 6am and 6pm, and most of those are between 10am and 3pm because most houses are empty during those times.

So tell me again, when your house is burgled and you're at work, how did your gun save you?
Idiot.... if the householder is not there he can't be killed by the Intruder...so saving or not saving is not the issue. The use of the weapon is for the protection of the person not the home. You can't " KILL" a home but you can " KILL" a person. When was the last time you took a cognitive reasoning test?

JO

Idiot.... if the householder is not there he can't be killed by the Intruder...so saving or not saving is not the issue. The use of the weapon is for the protection of the person not the home. You can't " KILL" a home but you can " KILL" a person. When was the last time you took a cognitive reasoning test?

JO
But a main point in owning a gun is for self defence was against burglary, and as you've just pointed out, it's a fallacy because most people are at work etc..

CC

So anyone arming up for the mistaken belief they need to for self defence against others, they're the worst candidate to own a gun.
That would be me. And I've practiced.

So you could attack me on the supposition that I must be incompetent because I have guns, but I'm just going to say, it would be a bad decision.

So you could attack me on the supposition that I must be incompetent because I have guns, but I'm just going to say, it would be a bad decision.

I actually would like to ask a question: are you actually prepared to take a human life? I ask that because everyone can imagine themselves protecting their home against evildoers by wielding a gun, but my understanding is that it is exceptionally hard to kill a person and that people are often haunted for years after the fact, even if it was perfectly legitimate. Police officers, most of whom will never kill a person, are offered mental healthcare afterwards. And they are prepped every day to think about the possibility.

You say you've practiced. That's good. But not on living things, not on people, right?

I get that guns are an incredibly useful tool for self defense, and I would never say someone is out of their right to defend themselves by all means necessary, but I'm quite curious if people who "plan" for that type of defense have taken into account how hard it sounds like it is to actually kill a person.

Studies show that guns in the home are far, far, far more likely to be used against the people in that home than they are defending that home. Increased rates of homicide and suicide by the guns that were initially intended to be used for self-defense.

Are we really acting rationally when we go all in for more guns?

But I wouldn't attack anyone. What makes you believe I would attack you? Do you go about your life watching out for danger, do you sleep with a gun under your pillow? Why are you so pessimistic about crime?

I suggest you see a doctor.

I actually would like to ask a question: are you actually prepared to take a human life? I ask that because everyone can imagine themselves protecting their home against evildoers by wielding a gun, but my understanding is that it is exceptionally hard to kill a person and that people are often haunted for years after the fact, even if it was perfectly legitimate. Police officers, most of whom will never kill a person, are offered mental healthcare afterwards. And they are prepped every day to think about the possibility.

You say you've practiced. That's good. But not on living things, not on people, right?

I get that guns are an incredibly useful tool for self defense, and I would never say someone is out of their right to defend themselves by all means necessary, but I'm quite curious if people who "plan" for that type of defense have taken into account how hard it sounds like it is to actually kill a person.

Studies show that guns in the home are far, far, far more likely to be used against the people in that home than they are defending that home. Increased rates of homicide and suicide by the guns that were initially intended to be used for self-defense.

Are we really acting rationally when we go all in for more guns?
Ha. Of course on living things, and trust me, no one in this country is more dangerous than a farm wife. We have serious PRACTICE.

Yes, I read a lot of thrillers and there are characters who have a lot of upset about killing someone even though they seriously needed killing. I can't relate to that at all, frankly. There are some women I know who seem rather soft about killing anything or anyone, but that's not me, fortunately.

I think we are acting rationally when we get guns for self-defense, because blacks in particular and too many others are running wild on crime and drugs now; our society has degenerated catastrophically. If they take away my guns, anyone can come from the bad areas of the county and just rape and kill me and steal anything they want anytime they want, and that's exactly what they WOULD do. We are sitting ducks if we can't defend ourselves against this fall of civilization we are now going through.

Ha. Of course on living things, and trust me, no one in this country is more dangerous than a farm wife. We have serious PRACTICE.

Well, I should have limited it to people. Most of us have hunted and had no problem afterwards.

Yes, I read a lot of thrillers and there are characters who have a lot of upset about killing someone even though they seriously needed killing. I can't relate to that at all, frankly.

How do you know how you will react?

There are some women I know who seem rather soft about killing anything or anyone, but that's not me, fortunately.

Well, I hope you never have to find out how brave you REALLY are.
I think we are acting rationally when we get guns for self-defense, because blacks in particular and too many others are running wild on crime

Oooooohkay. I'll just back away slowly from the rancid bigot.

CC --- you were doing pretty well with civil conversation there, till the last bit. :cool:

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defence was a fallacy, and we all know it is. So what's with the gun nuts running off and copying pasting articles from shady sources?

Well look no further, just simply check with Harvard and the studies -

Pardon the pun, Harvard blow holes in the gun nut's self defence argument.

So anyone arming up for the mistaken belief they need to for self defence against others, they're the worst candidate to own a gun.
Can somebody please tell the military to get rid of their guns?

Oooooohkay. I'll just back away slowly from the rancid bigot.

As were you. I don’t make time for racists. I’m really sorry.

It's neither bigoted nor racist to notice the particularly disproportionate racial crime statistics . . . I would argue it could be considered racist to purposefully ignore it . . . To what end does disavowing just noting, let alone the actual examination of the racial disparity serve? Are Black deaths to be invisible and inconsequential 99% of the time and a compelling public crisis when politically expeditious, entirely depending on the circumstances?

But a main point in owning a gun is for self defence was against burglary, and as you've just pointed out, it's a fallacy because most people are at work etc..

CC

Americans used their legal guns to stop 4 active shooters last year…..

Read more: New FBI Report Shows Armed Citizens STOP Mass Shootings
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

newly-released FBI report on “active shooter incidents” in 2021 [embeded below] revealed four of those killers were stopped by armed private citizens

Fallacy of self defense??? Fallacy????????????????:rolleyes: I don't think so!

Enough said.... sometimes a photo says a thousand words.

1653615002413.png

I've always stated that needing a gun for self defence was a fallacy, and we all know it is. So what's with the gun nuts running off and copying pasting articles from shady sources?

Well look no further, just simply check with Harvard and the studies -

Pardon the pun, Harvard blow holes in the gun nut's self defence argument.
The good news: despite their fascist propaganda, Harvard did manage to at least spell “defense” properly.

The bad news: you’re so damn illiterate, you failed to read and copy it :lmao:

Rather than go by biased newspaper articles, get off your backside and go find real academic studies.
No thanks. I prefer reality over idealistic theory. From yesterday, ignorant fascist clown:

The fallacy of Captain Caveman ignorance of consuming propaganda proven:

Forum List

Back