The EpiPen Alternative That Costs Just $10

I was wondering how to obtain liquid epinephrine, so I searched around. Veterinary sources would be the way to go, being it's the same drug, whether intended for animals or humans. 50 ml of 1:1000 strength for $24. Alas, it still requires a vet's prescription, otherwise I'd buy a vial.

It does demonstrate is how cheap epinephrine really is, and how big the markup is on those pens. An epi pen contains 0.3 ml of 1:1000 epinephrine. That's about 15 cents worth, going by the veterinary price. Those epi pens are a massive scam. Even $10 is more than they should cost. The damn pens should be mass produced and sold OTC for $5.

I was wondering how to obtain liquid epinephrine, so I searched around. Veterinary sources would be the way to go, being it's the same drug, whether intended for animals or humans. 50 ml of 1:1000 strength for $24. Alas, it still requires a vet's prescription, otherwise I'd buy a vial.

It does demonstrate is how cheap epinephrine really is, and how big the markup is on those pens. An epi pen contains 0.3 ml of 1:1000 epinephrine. That's about 15 cents worth, going by the veterinary price. Those epi pens are a massive scam. Even $10 is more than they should cost. The damn pens should be mass produced and sold OTC for $5.

Doctors used to prescribe epinephrine to people before there were epi pens. They still can. It's really no more difficult to stab your thigh muscle with a syringe than it is an epi pen the only difference is that you have to manually push the plunger

Epinephrine in a syringe will retain its potency for several months even if not refrigerated .

It says "raise and support Armies" and "provide and MAINTAIN a Navy".

Okay, except that has nothing to do with really expensive planes and only says to raise armies in wartime.

You see, that's the problem with a slavish devotion to the constitution.... they really weren't thinking that far ahead.

Where does it say to raise armies only in wartime? Exact quote please.

You see, your problem is that you hate the Constitution so you want it ignored to suit you agenda.

As for the costs, tough shit.

It's the politicians telling the military to stick its nose in other peoples' business

I find it funny that you like to stick your nose in other peoples' business yet you don't like government doing it

I think it depends on the circumstances... but never mind. Go back ot the Libertarian Kiddy Table, the grownups are talking.

If you were a grownup, you could keep a job and not expect the government to take responsibility when something goes wrong in your life. You'd do it yourself. That's what grownups do, son.

It's the politicians telling the military to stick its nose in other peoples' business

I find it funny that you like to stick your nose in other peoples' business yet you don't like government doing it

I think it depends on the circumstances... but never mind. Go back ot the Libertarian Kiddy Table, the grownups are talking.

You still don't seem to understand that I am not a libertarian because you are unable to think beyond labels.

You are too dense to see the irony of a control freak like you complaining about the government sticking its nose in other peoples' business when that is all you ever do

He thinks anyone not showing 100% devotion to the government to solve problems in their lives is a Libertarian.

Who needs an epi pen when you can get liquid epinephrine and use a syringe?

It's really cheap that way. Fill a couple syringes and carry them with you.

Yeah, because most people are competent to administer an intervenous injection in the correct does while having a severe allergic attack.

"does"? "intervenous"?

You're not competent enough to spell the words correctly, moron.

Just so you'll know for future reference, it's "dose" and "intravenous".

By the way the DOSE is administered intramuscular.

Why don't you go about mass producing them and selling them for that. Or do you expect the government to force others to do that because you say so?

Okay, except that has nothing to do with really expensive planes and only says to raise armies in wartime.

You see, that's the problem with a slavish devotion to the constitution.... they really weren't thinking that far ahead.

You see, your problem is that you hate the Constitution so you want it ignored to suit you agenda.

Maybe read the Dick Act of 1902. Then read the Militia Acts of 1792.

Last edited:

Maybe read the Dick Act of 1902. Then read the Militia Acts of 1792.

Joe was arguing that the Constitution said that. Are you saying the same thing?

Try not sucking Obama's dick and reading the Constitution for a change.

As for the costs, tough shit

Yeah, I think our money is better spent on keeping poor kids from dying from treatable diseases than on a 400 million dollar plane that apparently can't even fly in the rain.

http://nypost.com/2009/07/17/cant-fly-wont-die/

Pilots call high-maintenance aircraft “hangar queens.” Well, the F-22’s a hangar empress. After three expensive decades in development, the plane meets fewer than one-third of its specified requirements.

But defense giant Lockheed Martin’s immense clout on the Hill threatens to force you, the taxpayer, to buy still more of these pieces of junk.

And wait — the details get worse. The fighter’s weapons don’t work as promised. The stealth coating can’t withstand rain or blowing sand. Even the cockpit canopy has failed repeatedly. On any given day, barely half of the planes already deployed are in shape to fly.

And that’s in peacetime, under ideal maintenance conditions. Imagine if this dodo bird had to go to war. An enemy could flood the skies with less-capable-but-cheaper aircraft while the F-22 was in therapy. And what would readiness rates be like after months of combat?

Yeah, I think our money is better spent on keeping poor kids from dying from treatable diseases than on a 400 million dollar plane that apparently can't even fly in the rain.

I agree. That's why we, each of us, should decide for ourselves how to spend our money, rather than having elected representatives do it for us.

I agree. That's why we, each of us, should decide for ourselves how to spend our money, rather than having elected representatives do it for us.

again, go back to the Libertarian Kiddy Table, the grownups are talking. We'll get you an Ayn Rand Coloring book later if you eat all your veggies.

In other words, "I got nuthin" (still).

There's really nothing to say to Libertarians... other than this.

4b7d790ba275680939e9dfea676776e4.jpg

http://nypost.com/2009/07/17/cant-fly-wont-die/

Pilots call high-maintenance aircraft “hangar queens.” Well, the F-22’s a hangar empress. After three expensive decades in development, the plane meets fewer than one-third of its specified requirements.

But defense giant Lockheed Martin’s immense clout on the Hill threatens to force you, the taxpayer, to buy still more of these pieces of junk.

And wait — the details get worse. The fighter’s weapons don’t work as promised. The stealth coating can’t withstand rain or blowing sand. Even the cockpit canopy has failed repeatedly. On any given day, barely half of the planes already deployed are in shape to fly.

And that’s in peacetime, under ideal maintenance conditions. Imagine if this dodo bird had to go to war. An enemy could flood the skies with less-capable-but-cheaper aircraft while the F-22 was in therapy. And what would readiness rates be like after months of combat?

I think that the parents of those kids should be responsible for the ones they produced. If I didn't get the pussy the kids came out of, the kids isn't my responsibility.

4b7d790ba275680939e9dfea676776e4.jpg

There's really nothing to say to leeches, freeloaders, and the ones that support them being that except . . . either start doing for yourself or fucking do without. Those of us that are personally responsible for our lives aren't your ATM.

I think that the parents of those kids should be responsible for the ones they produced. If I didn't get the pussy the kids came out of, the kids isn't my responsibility.

Okay, guy, you done der sound like a redneck.

There's really nothing to say to leeches, freeloaders, and the ones that support them being that except . . . either start doing for yourself or fucking do without. Those of us that are personally responsible for our lives aren't your ATM.

Guy, here's the thing. I have no problem with REQUIRING companies that hire people to pay them a fair wage so people aren't on food stamps and medicaid... but the fact that the wealthy want to cheat the people who do the actual work is the problem.

It wasn't a problem we had 50 years ago when we had unions.

Actually, there's plenty to say. Plenty of valid critiques of libertarianism. Nothing you could wrap your head around, but again .... if all you can come up with are pseudo-memes and silly quips, I'll assume that's all you got.

Last edited:

Okay, guy, you done der sound like a redneck.

Guy, here's the thing. I have no problem with REQUIRING companies that hire people to pay them a fair wage so people aren't on food stamps and medicaid... but the fact that the wealthy want to cheat the people who do the actual work is the problem.

It wasn't a problem we had 50 years ago when we had unions.

I was is be speakin' Ebonics. You didn't understand?

Here's the thing. If the person has $5/hour skills and gets paid $5/hour, that's a fair wage. How is that cheating someone?

Forum List

Back