The End Of Hong Kong

Time to treat the ChiComs like we do with Terrorist Iran.

Over the course of April and throughout May, while much of the world’s attention was trained on the coronavirus’s spiraling death toll, hardly a day passed in Hong Kong without news of arrested activists, scuffles among lawmakers, or bombastic proclamations from mainland officials. Long-standing norms were done away with at dizzying speed. […]

The moves were capped this week when China’s National People’s Congress announced that it would force wide-ranging national-security laws on Hong Kong in response to last year’s prodemocracy protests. In doing so, Beijing circumvented the city’s autonomous legislative process and began dismantling the “one country, two systems” framework under which Hong Kong is governed, setting up what will likely be a fundamental shift in the territory’s freedoms, its laws, and how it is recognized internationally.
The people of Hong Kong's best hope is with President Trump!

There hasn't been a modern American President since Reagan who might stand up for them
Other than sanctions............we will not fight the Chicoms for China............Taiwan will be the tipping point.............or N. Korea acting up again............

Saw this coming long ago.........when the UK sold their souls there........and left Hong Kong to the Chicoms.

Now the Dragon asserts it's power..........whether the people there like it or not.

They would have done this to Taiwan already.....except for American guns pointing at them.

You can be sure they have plans for Taiwan. The W.H.O illustrated how weak and feeble they are in NOT allowing Taiwan in. You can be sure that Europe and the so-called leaders of the free world will watch China take over HK without a peep. Just as they watched Russia go into Ukraine and assassinate citizens in their own countries.

We are looking at the weakest, least competent leadership in the Wests history. China and others know this. One of he major reasons we need 4 more years of Trump, I can't even imagine the alternative and how China will roll us over with tanks, or simply economic destruction.
They hope that we will fall from the economy.......destroy the dollar.....well it's pretty much there.......and then hold us over a barrel because we no longer produce our own stuff...........they do........

They are improving their military........and are marching towards their goal......world dominance.........Only NATO is in the way of that..............

And really only the United States.................Even with that............if we hold against them on Taiwan should they threaten..........we can control the seas and the skies there............and Japan and others would join in............Japan hates China BTW.

This is why I've said that Trump would be wise to build close alliance with Japan in particular, along with Taiwan, Australia and others. The road to global security, capitalism and prosperity does not run through Europe.

China is expanding their military, Japan must do the same and apply their well established high tech ingenuity to monitor and keep tabs on Chinas activities. The world can't keep feigning that "things will get better with China", when NONE of them, save Trump, calls them out for the virus or their abuses.
Japan is allied with us against China..especially over N. Korea when it was doing it's BS.......I'm not sure if they would pull the trigger over Taiwan though........

THEY DON'T LIKE CHINA THOUGH..........don't think it would take much more to really piss them off.

Well, China hates them as much as they hate Japan. The Second World War atrocities committed by the Japanese have not been forgotten.

Japan certainly has a powerful military according to globalfirepower it's 5th in the world. The biggest battle will be fought economically. The world had better give their heads a shake, because unless China is impacted economically, we are all in danger of falling prey.
And we haven't forgotten about Korea..........works both ways...........I have no problem with the Chinese people............they don't like their BS gov't either..........but they will be used as cannon fodder if we go to War................

They are a ruthless gov't..........and treat their own people like cattle.
The chinese people are a mixed bag

many do support the CCP

its hard to tell how many dont cause dissenters disappear or at least are silenced

Will we pull the trigger when they try it...........that is the question..........and that day is coming in our future.
Yes, of course we will.

Why would anyone doubt it?

If we abandon Taiwan to the Chicoms, NONE of our allies will see us as reliable.

Saw this coming long ago.........when the UK sold their souls there........and left Hong Kong to the Chicoms.

Now the Dragon asserts it's power..........whether the people there like it or not.

They would have done this to Taiwan already.....except for American guns pointing at them.

Absolutely.

I was there for the Changeover.

If Margaret Thatcher had not opened her big mouth over the New Territories.......

Hong Kongers were very foolish when they celebrated the end of British rule.

Smart people realized that the Reds would not keep their promises.

At least the people in Taiwan now see why they must never knuckle under to the Reds.

(Hopefully, President Biden and Vice President Harris/Abrams will continue to support Taiwan.)

Time to treat the ChiComs like we do with Terrorist Iran.

Over the course of April and throughout May, while much of the world’s attention was trained on the coronavirus’s spiraling death toll, hardly a day passed in Hong Kong without news of arrested activists, scuffles among lawmakers, or bombastic proclamations from mainland officials. Long-standing norms were done away with at dizzying speed. […]

The moves were capped this week when China’s National People’s Congress announced that it would force wide-ranging national-security laws on Hong Kong in response to last year’s prodemocracy protests. In doing so, Beijing circumvented the city’s autonomous legislative process and began dismantling the “one country, two systems” framework under which Hong Kong is governed, setting up what will likely be a fundamental shift in the territory’s freedoms, its laws, and how it is recognized internationally.
The people of Hong Kong's best hope is with President Trump!

There hasn't been a modern American President since Reagan who might stand up for them
Other than sanctions............we will not fight the Chicoms for China............Taiwan will be the tipping point.............or N. Korea acting up again............
Meant Hong Kong ............Taiwan a different story.

Will we pull the trigger when they try it...........that is the question..........and that day is coming in our future.
Yes, of course we will.

Why would anyone doubt it?

If we abandon Taiwan to the Chicoms, NONE of our allies will see us as reliable.
We should over Taiwan......but will not over Hong Kong.........sooner or later we will rumble with China again.............it's a question of when not if

Hongkongers' first choice would be to stay in their homes and enjoy the autonomy they were promised. But the US can't really deliver that outcome to them, and failing that, many of them would enjoy the opportunity to build a new life in the United States.

An influx of skilled migrants from Hong Kong would benefit many American communities. The specter of tens of thousands of people fleeing Chinese rule for American shores would be a tremendous propaganda victory for the United States. And pulling it off would be a proof of concept for what should be a key tool in Sino-American competition that huge numbers of foreigners may welcome the opportunity to move to the US.

This is why I've said that Trump would be wise to build close alliance with Japan in particular, along with Taiwan, Australia and others.
Making "alliance" with the Nips and allowing them to increase their military power it's a straight way to lost not only Taiwan but Hawaii (or even California), too. They can't be trusted.

This is why I've said that Trump would be wise to build close alliance with Japan in particular, along with Taiwan, Australia and others.
Making "alliance" with the Nips and allowing them to increase their military power it's a straight way to lost not only Taiwan but Hawaii (or even California), too. They can't be trusted.
Are you trying to be stupid?

Hongkongers' first choice would be to stay in their homes and enjoy the autonomy they were promised. But the US can't really deliver that outcome to them, and failing that, many of them would enjoy the opportunity to build a new life in the United States.

An influx of skilled migrants from Hong Kong would benefit many American communities. The specter of tens of thousands of people fleeing Chinese rule for American shores would be a tremendous propaganda victory for the United States. And pulling it off would be a proof of concept for what should be a key tool in Sino-American competition that huge numbers of foreigners may welcome the opportunity to move to the US.

And how many of those "protesters" are cryptocommies or Russian puppets?
SAVE_20191229_195041.jpeg

Do you really think, that they really want to live in the "truly democratical" society?
SAVE_20200529_153544.jpg

And last, but not least (I hope), do you really think more Chinamen is what we need to decrease Chines influence?
SAVE_20200531_084418.jpg

And yes, they say that they don't afraid US sanctions:
---------------
The United States’ decision to revoke preferential treatment for Hong Kong will have “little impact” on the city’s economy, according to Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po.
He said Hong Kong was experienced in handling financial challenges, had anticipated a fallout from worsening China-US trade friction, and had nothing to be afraid of.
Given US action targeting the city and restricting exports of high-technology products, he said Hong Kong should aim to strengthen ties with other trading partners, including countries in Europe and Japan.
--------------------------
Chan told the mainland tabloid that Hong Kong products made for export to the US “accounted for less than 2 per cent of the city’s overall manufacturing”, worth about HK$3.7 billion, and were less than 0.1 per cent of the city’s overall exports.
--------------------------

I don't think Hong Kong is going to end....at least until July 2047 China is required to not change Hong Kong special autonomy :)
After July 2047...well...I suppose things will change a lot over there :eusa_think:

I don't think Hong Kong is going to end....at least until July 2047 China is required to not change Hong Kong special autonomy :)
After July 2047...well...I suppose things will change a lot over there :eusa_think:
There is the very interesting book "The Book of Rites" (Liji), describing basics of the traditional Confucian mindset. There are examples of two "good" types of society: "The Small Prosperity" and "The Great Harmony".
As far as I know, according current Xi's plans, "The Small Prosperity" society must be build in 2021. It's a great challenge, it will demand serious economical efforts, and it means, yes, "redistribution of property". Who's property will be "redistributed"? Think about it.

There is the very interesting book "The Book of Rites" (Liji), describing basics of the traditional Confucian mindset. There are examples of two "good" types of society: "The Small Prosperity" and "The Great Harmony".
As far as I know, according current Xi's plans, "The Small Prosperity" society must be build in 2021. It's a great challenge, it will demand serious economical efforts, and it means, yes, "redistribution of property". Who's property will be "redistributed"? Think about it.
And whose? Hong Kong's?

They ought to do it fast while the pussy in charge continues to give away the world to our enemies. Never thought Democrats would seem like the war hawks but Donald is a total coward. Been one since his fake bone spurs.

Honestly I have no idea of what the Chinese president means when he talks about "redistribution of property". Maybe they want to take some more money from rich Chinese (or from some foreign companies working in China) :dunno:

Honestly I have no idea of what the Chinese president means when he talks about "redistribution of property". Maybe they want to take some more money from rich Chinese (or from some foreign companies working in China) :dunno:
I have no idea either. May be, it depends on our determination to defend our interests.

Forum List

Back