The eldest of the Duggar children resigns from FRC: Child Molestation Charges

Child sexual abuse exists in every community. Unfortunately, it seems to do better and be gotten away with more, in religious communities. Presumedly because smaller ultra religious groups tend to avoid society not part of the group (as here, Duggars belonging to a cult called Quiverfull.) So abuse goes unchecked and unreported more than gets reported.

Sounds like the 'mentor' and even the State Trooper musta been members and much as the Catholics do transferring abusive priests around, the Quiverfull cult handles these issues by sending victims and abusers to other members in key positions. Then should anyone ask, they 'addressed' the problem. Like the FLDS group in Colorado City who literally operate the entire town including the police force. So when abuse happens there (which it does,) 'reporting' the abuse is just informing fellow cult members of SOP.

CSA occurs in the Jewish community as well, as well as in the Amish community. It's everywhere and the more isolationist a group is, the more likely it becomes there's abuse that isn't getting reported outside the group.

Nothing good happens in secret.
I agree with much of what you posted here, however, to be honest, I believe that it's the family's perogative to handle these delicate situations how they see fit.

Particularly if it all occurred w/i the family.

Unfortunately, kids often do bad things, sometimes even terrible, I hope that Duggar guy has learned from and not made a life of such things.

With that said, the Duggars should NEVER have come out so harshly against gays and making the claims they have about "protecting children" and all that other stuff KNOWING full-well the past they have. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. So for the simple fact that they engaged in such harsh and awful political mixed w/religious rhetoric they should bare the consequences of public shame and scrutiny and even ostrazitation.

The victims weren't just family. The parents and the church had a responsibility to the community to report the abuse to the proper authorities.
No they didn't.

No one was physically injured or killed.

These are sensitive manners and the family has moral discretion to handle this as they see fit.

You must come from a perfect family if you do not understand this.
Just for the record, the 'no physical injuries' thing.....It is often the case that an emotional injury is worse than a physical injury, and very often everlasting. I know of a case where a woman was molested by a step parent. When she became a parent, due to her emotional damage, she had many problems with her personal well being and self esteem; she inflicted on her children a great deal of emotional damage because of that, to the point that one of them ended up being a rapist, raping women his mother's age. Rape is not about sex, it's about power, and his mother's emotional manipulations, due to her being sexually abused as a child, led to her son's feeling of powerlessness.

The point is that emotional abuse, which child molestation really is, may cause injuries that never go away and can cause behavior that is abusive to others throughout one's life. It's far more devastating than a bruise or black eye. I'm not saying physical abuse of children is okay, not by any means. I'm saying emotional abuse is most likely just as serious and just as damaging.

Absolutely right. Emotional abuse is FAR more devastating than physical abuse as evidenced by interrogation methods. Physical torture no matter how barbaric hits a diminishing point of return as the mind starts to block out the pain. But emotional torture quite simply works. Assaulting the mind directly, instead of the body, skips all the mind's defense mechanisms and results in traumas which last the rest of the subject's life.

The betrayl of trust by a parent, sibling, or relative when they sexually abuse their family members lasts lifelong. You can never repair that damage, just help people learn to move on from it. But it's always going to be there in the back of their minds easily summoned back to the fore of thought when ever a triggering event occurs.

lol, man oh man. some of you people just can't mind your own business.

now wondering what goes in their home. I would bet all you making a stink over them NEVER even watched the show.

my gawd there has to be more important thing to worry over in life
sexual predation is not important? Stop minimizing the crime stephie :talktothehand:

What I see is a bunch of politically motivated BS in this thread. Child sexual predation is disgusting, no matter which side of the of the political spectrum it comes from, and turning it into a political issue is despicable. However, it seems par for the course in our TV culture wars. What a shame for those hooked on the idiot box who create idols out of pieces of shit.
n_hayes_afix_150522.video_512x342.jpg

KsftvK3.png

What’s the Difference Between Josh Duggar and Lena Dunham Again?
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dg...ce-between-josh-duggar-and-lena-dunham-again/

The difference, aside from the politics, seems to be that Duggar claims to have regretted his actions, while Lena Dunham proudly described how she sexually molested her sister in her “autobiography”.

No one is talking about how often Lena Dunham stumped for progressive liberal candidates. Or whether Girls will be canceled.

And that’s what this is really about. Aside from everything else, the liberal double standard in the media protects abusers.

Would Roman Polansky or Ira Einhorn, the co-founder of Earth Day who brutally murdered his girlfriend, have gotten the kind of liberal support if their politics had been off? We all know the answer.

LENA_DUNHAM_OBAMA_-350x350.jpg

Talk about hypocrisy? Stealing innocence, and then using it as a metaphor to get votes? Really?

People should just turn that shit off. At USMB, I would think there a better things than to go on for over 60 pages discussing an idiot box scandal about nobodies on the shit box.

tumblr_mdki9gRTtt1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

I'm certainly glad that you don't stoop to posting political BS on this thread...like the Vote Obama poster featuring Lena!

Last edited:
Uproar as pastor's wife and mother of 11 suggests child molester Josh Duggar was simply 'PLAYING DOCTOR' as a teenager - and should be 'left alone to live a good life'
  • Carrie Hurd, a Texas pastor's wife, ranted on an atheist's Facebook page
  • Suggested Duggar was 'playing doctor' when he molested sleeping girls
  • Also described reality TV star's actions as 'a little Christian misbehavior'
  • Her 'blatantly ignorant' remarks have caused anger among Internet users
  • Atheist, Vyckie Garrison, told Daily Mail Online she was 'flabbergasted'
  • Mrs Hurd and husband Patrick have 11 children and live a Quiverfull life
  • Mother of eleven later admitted: 'I did a really bad job in my frustration'

Read more: Josh Duggar was simply PLAYING DOCTOR as a teenager says Carrie Hurd Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Uproar as pastor's wife and mother of 11 suggests child molester Josh Duggar was simply 'PLAYING DOCTOR' as a teenager - and should be 'left alone to live a good life'

Read more: Josh Duggar was simply PLAYING DOCTOR as a teenager says Carrie Hurd Daily Mail Online
Why would anyone want to defend child molestation?

I do think that a couple having 19 children means they cannot give adequate care and attention to any one child. Who knows why this kid molested little girls when he was 14. But I believe that in part, the problem relates to not getting proper or effective parenting.

Why would anyone want to defend child molestation?

I do think that a couple having 19 children means they cannot give adequate care and attention to any one child. Who knows why this kid molested little girls when he was 14. But I believe that in part, the problem relates to not getting proper or effective parenting.

Sort of like defending Bill Cosby.

They SERIOUSLY think people are going to buy this? Maybe their slavish rw audience but not the rest of this great nation.

They SERIOUSLY think people are going to buy this? Maybe their slavish rw audience but not the rest of this great nation.

How many doctors molest baby girls?

Had justice run it's course, Josh may have found that "playing doctor" as a pedophile in a state prison,or even a juvie facility, takes on whole new dimensions.

How many doctors molest baby girls?
is Josh a doctor. Stop deflecting.

He continued, "I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions. I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God's grace, mercy and redemption."

the reformation and forgiveness have begun

Josh Duggar Responds to Child Molestation Allegations Yahoo Celebrity - Yahoo Celebrity

now he claims he stopped doing this ...who believes that?
Are you telling me a teenager was " playing doctor" with a teenaged female? Wow, I'm sure that has never happened before.

Forum List

Back