The Disaster Area of American Public Education

I disagree. I worked in Austria, and Austria has a great educational system and does NOT have test scores for the whole country (or at least didn't when I was there).

There are many problems in the USA, most of them are because of the electoral system and the politicians it produces. The education system is one such problem.

The Democrats and Republicans will both have their views on education, they will be aimed, not at improving education in the long run, but at winning votes in the short term.

A country that functions like this is a country that's going to have problems.
The military has a great educational system.

Instructor to class: "You will learn this stuff." :mad:

(Been there, done that. It works.)

The military has a great educational system.

Instructor to class: "You will learn this stuff." :mad:

(Been there, done that. It works.)

The military is a choice people make. If you make a choice, you will probably want to learn. And in the military you're learning stuff that's relevant to your adult life. Not things that are completely pointless.

Well you crybabies can quit your cush jobs, surrender pay, and fix the problem. Otherwise you are the problem

The military is a choice people make. If you make a choice, you will probably want to learn. And in the military you're learning stuff that's relevant to your adult life. Not things that are completely pointless.
The military disciplinary methodology will work anywhere with any subject. It eliminates the choice that public school grants it's students; the option to deliberately not learn.

Unkotare,
All that public schools require is that you show up. Am I wrong? ;)

And, the grading system provides for those who refuse to learn.

Last edited:
So discipline isn't required for learning?
And? Students don't graduate just for showing up.
Many don't graduate.
Dropouts cost the system $15Billion/year in school funding.
It seems that the school system is a victim of its own success.

Last edited:
There we go, I just proved your comment was a crock of shit.

You made it up, and have nothing to back it up with because there isn't anything.
I've been in civilian classrooms and military classrooms. The difference is night and day. Civilian schools are run by amateurs, military by professionals.

There we go, I just proved your comment was a crock of shit.

You made it up, and have nothing to back it up with because there isn't anything.
You just proved that you have never been in a military classroom. You have no standing in the discussion.

I've been in civilian classrooms and military classrooms. The difference is night and day. Civilian schools are run by amateurs, military by professionals.
Do military schools waste time on unimportant useless crap? How quickly do they teach languages? When I took Spanish in high school Pablo and Maria were always going to the "biblioteca". I don't know the Spanish word for bathroom but I know the one for library.

Do military schools waste time on unimportant useless crap? How quickly do they teach languages? When I took Spanish in high school Pablo and Maria were always going to the "biblioteca". I don't know the Spanish word for bathroom but I know the one for library.
Military educational training is purpose/mission driven. You are first tested for aptitude, then assigned an MOS, 'military occupation specialty', and trained in that field. One would only learn a foreign language to become an interpreter, and only if one had the necessary aptitude.

Much of what one learns in the military is useless in civilian life. However, the discipline you experience can be a lifelong asset.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back