The destruction of Ron DeSantis

This article illustrates just how the Left has targeted Ron DeSantis.

For example: College boards, stacked with DeSantis appointees, are rejecting job candidates with ties to the governor.
You clearly didn’t understand the article.

The college boards aren’t the left, DeSantis appointed all his own cronies.

I don't know. I at least scan a LOT of media and I don't see DeSantis mentioned much at all. All the venom I see continues to be leveled at Trump. Thousands of new accounts on Twitter (now X) all promoting DeSantis and bearing hash tags like #dumpTrump aren't getting a lot of traction there either. A #MAGA or #Trump hash tag attracts a lot more follows and 'likes' than does a #dumpTrump one.

I like DeSantis. But in all honesty I am not at all convinced he is ready to be thrown into the lion's den. In Florida he has a mostly supportive press and a friendly legislature. He won't have that in DC. I think he needs more national/international experience. If the choice is DeSantis vs Trump on my primary ballot, I vote Trump who in my opinion delivered as advertised as President and earned another term.

If the nominee is DeSantis, I vote DeSantis. But he has a steep hill to climb.

This recent Miami Herald piece illustrates just how steep that hill is. And even as they report DeSantis's pitiful poll numbers, they don't bash him but focus on a sort of backhanded criticism of Trump without actually saying it.

Excerpts:
"
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis entered the 2024 presidential race with a clear argument for his candidacy — that he was the only Republican capable of beating former President Donald Trump and reversing the party’s recent losing streak. All signs, up to that point, backed up his claim. Most public polling showed that no other GOP presidential hopeful came anywhere close to beating Trump in the nascent presidential primary. A few surveys released early this year even found Trump’s lead dwindling to single digits.

Now, just four months into his White House campaign, polls show DeSantis competing more with the likes of entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy or former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley than with Trump. After hitting a post-announcement high of 23.7% in national polls in early June, DeSantis’ support in the Republican primary sits at 12.5%, according to a polling average compiled by RealClearPolitics. Trump, meanwhile, has the support of more than half – 58.8% support – of GOP voters. . . "

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article279552574.html#storylink=cpy

They go on to show how poorly DeSantis is doing in the early primaries in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina. DeSantis trails even Chris Christie in NH.

Doesn't look good.

But if by some miracle DeSantis is the nominee, I vote DeSantis.
He promised a wall. Failed.
He promised to replace the ACA. Failed
He promised an infrastructure plan. Failed.

You have to be lying to yourself to think Trump delivered anything other than chaos.

Forum List

Back