The demonization of Donald Trump

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
For the record, I was no great supporter of Donald Trump. However, I have trouble understanding why he is so hated, and probably more problems with seeing how Progressive icons like FDR are revered as gods.

So let's compare the two. Who was a bigger racist, FDR or Trump?

What innocent Americans has Donald Trump locked up because of their skin color? FDR locked up Japanese Americans cuz they have squinty eyes like those that bombed Hawaii.

In 1936, after the Berlin Olympics, FDR invited the athletes who competed for the U.S. to the White House. But Jesse Owens, who had won four gold medals, humiliating Adolph Hitler in the process, did not receive the invitation from the president. No surprise then, that Owens stumped for Roosevelt’s Republican rival, Alf Landon, in the 1936 presidential election. “Hitler didn’t snub me—it was our president who snubbed me,” Owens said during the campaign.

Also, because FDR needed the political support of southern Democrats, FDR did not support anti-lynching laws. Roosevelt placed Jimmy Byrnes, a South Carolina overt racist in the Supreme Court, and almost named him vice-president instead of Truman in 1944, which would have made Byrnes president following FDR’s death. Apologists will argue, with some merit, that FDR’s New Deal programs should speak for him, and in truth, African Americans were widely supportive of him. Still, there is little doubt that FDR failed to transcend his time, and his views on race were not enlightened

How about the Trump travel bans? Obama banned immigration from the same countries once upon a time, but no one questioned him, much like one questioned FDR for locking up innocent Japanese Americans cuz Progs are so damned enlightened. However, when Trump does it he is a racist.

How about the Sherriff Trump pardoned? The sherriff targeted drug dealers as where Obama sought to release as many as he could.

Obama May Grant Clemency to Thousands of Drug Offenders. That’s Not Enough.

Many think that we should release drug dealers. If so, what do you think of Obama releasing those terrorists as Gitmo who were released to go become terrorists once again?

In terms of being a warmonger, what has Trump done to receive such disdain? He is the first President not to overthrow a regime since Clinton. Comparing him to Obama, at least he did not overthrow a regime like Libya, only to have it taken over by ISIS. You also won't see Trump give a terrorist state billions of dollars of cash like Obama did to Iran so they could build nukes like North Korea and continue to foster terrorism throughout the Middle East.

So how about it, to this point how is Trump worse than many Presidents that have already served in office?

I could care less what you think of him personally.

I believe that Trump is a pig when it comes to women, but for the life of me I don't get this racial crap.

How is Trump a racist?

For the record, I was no great supporter of Donald Trump. However, I have trouble understanding why he is so hated, and probably more problems with seeing how Progressive icons like FDR are revered as gods.

What innocent Americans has Donald Trump locked up because of their skin color? FDR locked up Japanese Americans cuz they have squinty eyes like those that bombed Hawaii.

In 1936, after the Berlin Olympics, FDR invited the athletes who competed for the U.S. to the White House. But Jesse Owens, who had won four gold medals, humiliating Adolph Hitler in the process, did not receive the invitation from the president. No surprise then, that Owens stumped for Roosevelt’s Republican rival, Alf Landon, in the 1936 presidential election. “Hitler didn’t snub me—it was our president who snubbed me,” Owens said during the campaign.

Also, because FDR needed the political support of southern Democrats, FDR did not support anti-lynching laws. Roosevelt placed Jimmy Byrnes, a South Carolina overt racist in the Supreme Court, and almost named him vice-president instead of Truman in 1944, which would have made Byrnes president following FDR’s death. Apologists will argue, with some merit, that FDR’s New Deal programs should speak for him, and in truth, African Americans were widely supportive of him. Still, there is little doubt that FDR failed to transcend his time, and his views on race were not enlightened

How about the Trump travel bans? Obama banned immigration from the same countries once upon a time, but no one questioned him, much like one questioned FDR for locking up innocent Japanese Americans cuz Progs are so damned enlightened. However, when Trump does it he is a racist.

How about the Sherriff Trump pardoned? The sherriff targeted drug dealers as where Obama sought to release as many as he could.

Many think that we should release drug dealers. If so, what do you think of Obama releasing those terrorists as Gitmo who were released to go become terrorists once again?

In terms of being a warmonger, what has Trump done to receive such disdain? He is the first President not to overthrow a regime since Clinton. Comparing him to Obama, at least he did not overthrow a regime like Libya, only to have it taken over by ISIS. You also won't see Trump give a terrorist state billions of dollars of cash like Obama did to Iran so they could build nukes like North Korea and continue to foster terrorism throughout the Middle East.

So how about it, to this point how is Trump worse than many Presidents that have already served in office?

he's not worse he's better.

Comparing a guy from the 30s with today's standards ?

Do you think FDR would be cheered if he rounded up all muslims (today's version of Japanese ) ?

Time.

Do you think FDR would be cheered if he rounded up all muslims (today's version of Japanese ) ?
was he cheered when he was a guy from the 30's ? what if they were interred for their own safety ?

was he cheered when he was a guy from the 30's ? what if they were interred for their own safety ?

Wasn't around back then. I'm guessing that it wasn't a big deal because America was super racist at the time .

I believe that Trump is a pig when it comes to women, but for the life of me I don't get this racial crap.

How is Trump a racist?

ok-----he is DONE SOWING HIS WILD OATS------I have no doubt that he
has overcome his hormones------now that he is president. ------clearly,
being president had the opposite effect on some others-----like Clinton----
and even his wife got caught up on an adolescent hormone STORM

Hillary lost, that's all you need to know. It is that simple.

Another in the never ending list of conservative false equivalencies. Your fellow con derps are going back 150 years to construct their false equivalencies, what are you special?

Wasn't around back then. I'm guessing that it wasn't a big deal because America was super racist at the time .
America was super racist ? it was a big deal.

The "What About" defense, especially when comparing situations separated by 70 or 80 years is just lame and misleading. It means the only defense is to claim a wrong done by someone else justifies wrongs done by the individual currently doing wrong. Not much of a defense. Not a defense at all actually. So and so lied so it is ok for this other guy to lie is the concept.

When trump can come close to accomplishing what FDR accomplished perhaps comparisons can be made. As it stands there is no comparison. It is highly unlikely trump will ever come even close to having the legacy of FDR.

How is Trump a racist?

Because bed wetters are indoctrinated to parrot "racist" whenever they're referring to someone they're told to hate. They can flip on that hate like a switch also. Take Comey for example. He lets hitlery off the hook, and he's an esteemed law enforcement professional, only to be called Himmler after re-opening the investigation against the hag, and then he's suddenly a hero again after Trump fired him.

He's fighting the Swamp Creatures. He's up against a whole lotta evil. The Republican and Democrat Swamp Creatures have united to destroy him. I feel for the dude. I'll continue to pray for him.

Gee whiz! I just don't understand why the guy who knows nothing, can't control himself, lies every day and treats people like shit is not treated with respect by everyone!

I'm so confused.

Forum List

Back