The day the music died

Who ever planned this tour lost their minds.

Not really. Tours back then used to have a lot of big names and rising stars doing one or three of their greatest hits and then came the next performer. I have talked to people who saw Elvis when he was early on in his career and came to my area. They said he sang a couple songs and that was it.

Anyway, the bonanza got the moniker Doctor Killer for a reason. That plane has a huge death toll. That V-tail is not something one can just master straight out of a 172. Even people who have flown them for awhile are encouraged to take brush up courses.

Sorry, but Gawd I hatred the song American pie. It was right up there with Spirit in the Sky and Hey Jude on my list of "get that fucking song over with, already" list.
You get this for missing what the thread is about, which I thought it was, too:

It's really about the Buddy Holly/Ricky Valens/Big Bopper plane crash.

Not really. Tours back then used to have a lot of big names and rising stars doing one or three of their greatest hits and then came the next performer. I have talked to people who saw Elvis when he was early on in his career and came to my area. They said he sang a couple songs and that was it.

Anyway, the bonanza got the moniker Doctor Killer for a reason. That plane has a huge death toll. That V-tail is not something one can just master straight out of a 172. Even people who have flown them for awhile are encouraged to take brush up courses.
My Uncle had a Bonanza. His wife wouldn't fly in it. Many of the wrecks were over mountains and during night flights. He flew often out of Phoenix to Los Angeles, Ogden and LV.

January 20, 2009

images

Thank you for this post OP....and for reminding us all how beautiful was 1950s music!

The day the music died...

"True Love Ways" Buddy Holly​

Buddy Holly - WORDS OF LOVE - Original song​

sexy voice...

But Buddy Holly was first!:up: Buddy wins this one!

The Beatles - Words Of Love​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back