The Dark Side

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I guess I'll put this here, though the forum needs a general Technology forum, and the games and computer forums should be a subform of that.

At any rate...

My Galaxy Crown S7 has been slowly dying and it is, after all, right after black Friday. I love Android phones, but there was a pretty good deal on an iPhone 11. So, I switched.

The question is, where is there a reliable place to learn about this thing that doesn't have too many flakes or otherwise idiotic geek wannabes?

I hope you got a deal on it, they're up to iPhone 14! The 11 was released in 2019...

I'd be hard pressed to give up my Samsung for Apple, Apple really just continues to pile on it's old design, never really innovating...

Anyway... I guess it depends on what you want to learn about your phone. There are always videos on YouTube, you can download the manual, probably many discussions in various forums about damn near any topic you want, just type in your question in the search engine and Bob's your uncle. I am certain everything you might want to know about your 11 has already been answered by someone somewhere...

I hope you got a deal on it, they're up to iPhone 14! The 11 was released in 2019...

I'd be hard pressed to give up my Samsung for Apple, Apple really just continues to pile on it's old design, never really innovating...

Anyway... I guess it depends on what you want to learn about your phone. There are always videos on YouTube, you can download the manual, probably many discussions in various forums about damn near any topic you want, just type in your question in the search engine and Bob's your uncle. I am certain everything you might want to know about your 11 has already been answered by someone somewhere...
yeah, it was a stupidly good deal and the Samsung I wanted was more money than My house is worth. lol

I'll try it for a year. I was just being lazy and looking for a shortcut. My wife owns an old iPhone model and the deal was so good that I got her one too. I just didn't want to go to her for help after all the crap I gave her about phones being slower than dogshit in December. haha

I love the Iphone and my Macbook Pro.
Just picked up the Iphone 14 Pro about a month ago,if I remember correctly it was $900 bucks.
Very intuitive and the camera is top notch which is one of the main things I look for in a phone.
And since I switched I havent had a problem with viruses....ever.

yeah, it was a stupidly good deal and the Samsung I wanted was more money than My house is worth. lol

I'll try it for a year. I was just being lazy and looking for a shortcut. My wife owns an old iPhone model and the deal was so good that I got her one too. I just didn't want to go to her for help after all the crap I gave her about phones being slower than dogshit in December. haha

Well, I hope you got Apple TV for free as part of the deal...

And truthfully, I know people love their iPhones, wouldn't change for anything. But I sometimes wonder if that's just because it's what they're most familiar with. Hell, I had one early on and when I switched to Samsung my first though was that it wasn't as intuitive as my Apple. Now, it would take something special for me to switch from Samsung. Currently I'm using the Galaxy S22 Ultra.

I love the Iphone and my Macbook Pro.
Just picked up the Iphone 14 Pro about a month ago,if I remember correctly it was $900 bucks.
Very intuitive and the camera is top notch which is one of the main things I look for in a phone.
And since I switched I havent had a problem with viruses....ever.
I've had zero problems with viruses on My android, but I paid just under 200 for the 11. Not really into dropping a grand on a phone to be honest. But I am glad you like it. Who knows, maybe I'll be a convert. lol

Well, I hope you got Apple TV for free as part of the deal...

And truthfully, I know people love their iPhones, wouldn't change for anything. But I sometimes wonder if that's just because it's what they're most familiar with. Hell, I had one early on and when I switched to Samsung my first though was that it wasn't as intuitive as my Apple. Now, it would take something special for me to switch from Samsung. Currently I'm using the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
I did.

So, the first thing I did was go look up their series, "Foundation". It debuted in September 2021.

So far, they are all the way up to episode 4. Pretty pathetic.

I did.

So, the first thing I did was go look up their series, "Foundation". It debuted in September 2021.

So far, they are all the way up to episode 4. Pretty pathetic.

That one is not one I was smitten with... but Ted Lasso, I wish I could watch that again for the first time... funny that the character started as an advertisement campaign for NBC's coverage of Premier League soccer.

See is interesting, as is Slow Horses. The movie CODA was an Academy Award winner and very good. Greyhound is a good movie as well. There is stuff there worthy of the time.

I've had zero problems with viruses on My android, but I paid just under 200 for the 11. Not really into dropping a grand on a phone to be honest. But I am glad you like it. Who knows, maybe I'll be a convert. lol

I converted about 6 years ago and haven't regretted it one time.
Of course it took a week or so to get used to the operating system but other than that zero issues.

I guess I'll put this here, though the forum needs a general Technology forum, and the games and computer forums should be a subform of that.

At any rate...

My Galaxy Crown S7 has been slowly dying and it is, after all, right after black Friday. I love Android phones, but there was a pretty good deal on an iPhone 11. So, I switched.

The question is, where is there a reliable place to learn about this thing that doesn't have too many flakes or otherwise idiotic geek wannabes?
I doubt you'll be rooting it.

Really phone OSes are so invasive it's criminal.

As is with pretty much everything made by Apple since Jobs died.
For several reasons I am not a Jobs fanboy, so this has nothing do with my opinion on Jobs himself/
Anyway... during the burst of time Jobs was with Apple, it was by far the most innovative company that continually came out with devices vastly superior to anything else, and likewise everyone else was constantly playing catch up.
After Jobs died - virtually nothing is different.

This is a 2012 iMac....

2012.jpg

10 years later - and this is the 2022 iMac.

2022.png

Uh... yeah... it is identical.

Same for everything Apple.
And therefore consequently, pretty much everyone else has not changed anything either.

Forum List

Back