The Cough Syrup Defense...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
"She’s accused of intentionally running down Barbara Foster in a fit of road rage.

The defense started presenting its case. They are arguing that cough syrup had something to do with her behavior. They are trying to convince the jury that it was the reason why the incident happened."

<Snip>

“There was a vehicle in front of me and it wouldn’t go so I nudged it a few times. Then I decided to go ahead and hit it full out. I pushed on the gas as hard as I could. Then she came to check the back of her vehicle,” said McKeown...

<Snip>

“You know I made her think that I was going to be nice and be still and everything. She got to looking at the car. I backed up and I slammed into her, cut her in half,” explained McKeown.

A detective asked, “Why did you do that?

“Because there needed to be two, not one,” she said.

This is local for me... trial is going on just a few miles down the road.

So...do we ban cars, cough syrup, crazy people...or do we have to accept that criminals are going to commit criminal acts using or blaming things that hundreds of millions of people own and use without incident, responsibly and lawfully...and we have to keep our respective guards up because dangerous people are everywhere.

"She’s accused of intentionally running down Barbara Foster in a fit of road rage.

The defense started presenting its case. They are arguing that cough syrup had something to do with her behavior. They are trying to convince the jury that it was the reason why the incident happened."

<Snip>

“There was a vehicle in front of me and it wouldn’t go so I nudged it a few times. Then I decided to go ahead and hit it full out. I pushed on the gas as hard as I could. Then she came to check the back of her vehicle,” said McKeown...

<Snip>

“You know I made her think that I was going to be nice and be still and everything. She got to looking at the car. I backed up and I slammed into her, cut her in half,” explained McKeown.

A detective asked, “Why did you do that?

“Because there needed to be two, not one,” she said.

This is local for me... trial is going on just a few miles down the road.

So...do we ban cars, cough syrup, crazy people...or do we have to accept that criminals are going to commit criminal acts using or blaming things that hundreds of millions of people own and use without incident, responsibly and lawfully...and we have to keep our respective guards up because dangerous people are everywhere.

Gun control has never been and never will be about common sense or fairness . . . or public safety. Gun control is a purely political matter. In the case of modern gun control efforts, the left leaning side of the aisle is well aware how much right leaning side of the aisle voters love to practice their Second Amendment rights and how much safer "gun people" feel owning and carrying firearms. Left leaning ideologues and priests, yes, I said 'priests', love the freedom to murder unborn children, mutilate children, create high crime zones in cities and towns and portray themselves as saints of diversity and equality while doing the exact opposite; farming minorities for loads of cash and political power. Because the political right threatens the ability of the political left to freely engage in new frontiers of human depravity, the political left feels it must threaten rights and freedoms sacred to the political right. Modern gun control is nothing more than a heightened or elevated game of tit for tat. It really is that bloody simple.

Forum List

Back