The cops didn't even check to see if the killer had locked the classroom door!

Where did you see that?

Trump carried Uvalde County 59.7% to 39.4%.

You're correct. I was reading the absentee ballot voting totals, which Biden won by 32 percentage points. But, yes, the overall county vote went to Trump:

Donald J. Trump 56.90%
Joseph R. Biden 42.29%

However, the police chief is in fact a Democrat. Also, Uvalde County is largely Hispanic, FYI.

You're correct. I was reading the absentee ballot voting totals, which Biden won by 32 percentage points. But, yes, the overall county vote went to Trump:

Donald J. Trump 56.90%
Joseph R. Biden 42.29%

However, the sheriff is in fact a Democrat. Also, Uvalde County is largely Hispanic, FYI.
The sheriff of the county was not in charge of the scene.

Today on my way home, I heard on the radio an interview with the Texas Ranger who's investigating the police response to the Uvalde shooting. He flat-out called the police chief, Arredondo, a liar, and added that Arredondo has made numerous false statements and has now virtually clammed up and won't talk.

From a RedState.com article on Arredondo's conduct in the shooting incident:

Uvalde school district police Chief Pete Arredondo had no radio when he arrived at the site of the horrific massacre but told officers on the scene to fall back anyway because he considered the suspect “contained.” This judgment is in complete contradiction to active shooter protocols, which specify that police should advance on the suspect and neutralize him immediately. In Uvalde, however, law enforcement waited 78 minutes before engaging the shooter. (Report: Uvalde Police Officer Had No Radio, Made Call to 'Fall Back' Anyway)​

Testimony from a security official today says that the cops were armed, had body armor and were waiting for the command to go in and wax this perp but their commander held them back for over an hour. Scathing testimony after the protocols put in place after other mass shootings.

Testimony from a security official today says that the cops were armed, had body armor and were waiting for the command to go in and wax this perp but their commander held them back for over an hour. Scathing testimony after the protocols put in place after other mass shootings.
We must disarm ourselves so that these guys can protect us

Forum List

Back