The coming inflation and shortages

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
For the love of God, don't blame the democrats for the coming economy and spirit crushing inflation and shortages!

The poor will suffer the worst.

Just know it's everyone else's fault and nothing can be done about it.

For the love of God, don't blame the democrats for the coming economy and spirit crushing inflation and shortages!

No link? It's just you saying this?

1633099228774.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Is this the upcoming defense for the midterms?

It's everyone's fault, not ours.

Lefties think Biden has not made life MORE EXPENSIVE for the middle class?

Lefties are truly dumb as fuck.

Signs of (dem-inspired) communism are the gaps on store shelves. CCP knows what they’re doing when it comes to economic dependency.

I know I am wasting my time, but let me explain some of this inflation for you. First, gas prices. Crude oil was $77.40 on October 2, 2020. Today, it is at $75.35 So why are gas prices so much higher? It is the same across industries. Feeder cattle prices were $1.41 a pound a year ago, today $1.53 Three years ago, they were $1.57.

First rule of pricing, price has no relation to cost, and that is borne out by the above numbers. Second rule of price, you charge whatever you can get, period. Manufacturers are taking an increasing amount of profit, and if you want to look at the problem, then look in the mirror. If you think gas prices are too high, then stay the hell at the house. Beef prices too high, eat some chicken. Continuing to purchase these items as the price continues to skyrocket while bitching about it does nothing to solve the problem. I mean I thought you guys knew how the market works?

Then there is the labor problem. Companies are complaining that they cannot get the required labor, but they are only slowly increasing wages, and no damn wonder. Assisted by the idiot Trump corporate tax cut, well they can sell the same amount of product, or even less, and make the same money. With prices rising while cost are remaining relatively stable, they can make MORE money. We all would like to work less and make more money, you think the corporations are any different?

The moral of the story is that our asses are getting hosed. This is not about Biden, it ain't even about Trump. It is about our own unwillingness to address the root cause of the problem. STOP BUYING YOU IDIOTS. If every American would just go to work and back, eat the food they got crammed in their fridges and cupboards, and stay the hell home, it wouldn't take but a week and prices would start to fall.

I know I am wasting my time, but let me explain some of this inflation for you. First, gas prices. Crude oil was $77.40 on October 2, 2020. Today, it is at $75.35 So why are gas prices so much higher? It is the same across industries. Feeder cattle prices were $1.41 a pound a year ago, today $1.53 Three years ago, they were $1.57.

First rule of pricing, price has no relation to cost, and that is borne out by the above numbers. Second rule of price, you charge whatever you can get, period. Manufacturers are taking an increasing amount of profit, and if you want to look at the problem, then look in the mirror. If you think gas prices are too high, then stay the hell at the house. Beef prices too high, eat some chicken. Continuing to purchase these items as the price continues to skyrocket while bitching about it does nothing to solve the problem. I mean I thought you guys knew how the market works?

Then there is the labor problem. Companies are complaining that they cannot get the required labor, but they are only slowly increasing wages, and no damn wonder. Assisted by the idiot Trump corporate tax cut, well they can sell the same amount of product, or even less, and make the same money. With prices rising while cost are remaining relatively stable, they can make MORE money. We all would like to work less and make more money, you think the corporations are any different?

The moral of the story is that our asses are getting hosed. This is not about Biden, it ain't even about Trump. It is about our own unwillingness to address the root cause of the problem. STOP BUYING YOU IDIOTS. If every American would just go to work and back, eat the food they got crammed in their fridges and cupboards, and stay the hell home, it wouldn't take but a week and prices would start to fall.
I partially agree. I could name blame either/or Trump-gop and Biden-dems. But it's not a partisan issue. Cars are hard to come buy (-: because parts are sparse. And it is HARDER to process live butchered animals and crops. And we have container ships backed up in ports and not being off loaded.

But I'm not sure that just not buying stuff for a week or two would affect inflation. This is not 1980. I read yesterday about how GM is restructuring its supply chains to feature just not longer term contracts but joint ventures. That may only partially help with inflation, and it does nothing about covid, but it would achieve a more unified approach

Govt can't do everything, but I wish Biden was getting container ship crews vaccinated and even "poaching" truck drivers from Mexico and points sough

Forum List

Back