The CMA Awards (November 2, 2016)

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Did anyone see the CMA awards show this past Wednesday night? To me the following were the low points of the show.

Dixie Chicks
Carrie Underwood
Kasey Musgraves
Kelsi Ballerini
Maren Morris

Miranda Lambert was the only Female Artist of the Year award nominee that I care for, so I wish that she had won that award. Also to me, Cole Swindell should've gotten the Best New Artist of the Year award if it couldn't go to Old Dominion or Brothers Osborne because Cole has more songs on the radio than the other nominees. Maren winning with only two songs on the radio right now in my opinion is bull crap and so is Little Big Town getting the Group of of the Year award again when they have not had a big song in over a year now. The competition for that award to me was between, Rascal Flatts, Old Dominion, and the Zac Brown Band who are overlooked every year.

Why was Beyonce there when she isn't even a country act? Her appearance was with the Dixie Chicks. If her being there was the only way that their appearance was going to happen, that right there should say everything that we need to know about how they look at country music. To me, if they can't show any respect, they shouldn't expect any in return and I think that they have proven well over the years that they do not have any when they have done nothing but trash one country act after another: Toby Keith, Reba McEntire, Trace Adkins, Joe Nichols, and Jason Aldean.

God bless you and those who sing country music and respect the music always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back