Two best tear jerkin country songs..Male artist and Female.

I agree with George Jones but my female song is:

Thats a classic no doubt.
In my opinion it doesnt have the depth of Ode to Billy Joe.

I always liked Ode but it never was a tearjerker for me. I think maybe because it's about suicide and I have always had a hard time working up sympathy over people who kill themselves. I mean, why did Billy Joe have to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge? Why couldn't he have faced his problems and stuck around for her? It pisses me off a little.

Now... I Will Always Love You... From the very first verse it tells the story of total selfless love for someone. If I should stay, well, I would only be in your way, and so I'll go, and yet I know that I'll think of you each step of my way... Good-bye, oh, please don't cry 'cause we both know that I'm not what you need... Damn, I tear up just typing this!

I agree with George Jones but my female song is:

Thats a classic no doubt.
In my opinion it doesnt have the depth of Ode to Billy Joe.

I always liked Ode but it never was a tearjerker for me. I think maybe because it's about suicide and I have always had a hard time working up sympathy over people who kill themselves. I mean, why did Billy Joe have to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge? Why couldn't he have faced his problems and stuck around for her? It pisses me off a little.

Now... I Will Always Love You... From the very first verse it tells the story of total selfless love for someone. If I should stay, well, I would only be in your way, and so I'll go, and yet I know that I'll think of you each step of my way... Good-bye, oh, please don't cry 'cause we both know that I'm not what you need... Damn, I tear up just typing this!

Ya gotta remember,it's also about the death of a child that drove billy joe to suicide and the fact they had to hide the pregnancy.
It's the total tragedy song.

Forum List

Back