- Nov 22, 2003
- Reaction score
This should serve as a warning to Dems, the same way the last election should have served as a warning to the admin. No shock at these findings:
but here's where the reasonable comes into play:Public Opinion Strategies* has released a survey [PDF file here] of likely voters attitudes toward the Iraq War that finds that most voters thinkthe country is going in the wrong direction (67%) and President Bush is doing a poor job (60%), and that Iraq will never be a stable democracy (60%).No real surprises there, right?
* 57% believe The Iraq War is a key part of the global war on terrorism.
* 57% support finishing the job in Iraq, that is, keeping the troops there until the Iraqi government can maintain control and provide security for its people.
* 50% want our troops should stay and do whatever it takes to restore order until the Iraqis can govern and provide security to their country while only 17% favor immediate withdrawal
* 56% believe Even if they have concerns about his war policies, Americans should stand behind the President in Iraq because we are at war.
* 53% believe The Democrats are going too far, too fast in pressing the President to withdraw the troops from Iraq.