Zone1 The Christmas tree is not an idol.

Read it in any translation, THEN do as your heart desires. That's how God judges:

For the heart is deceitful above all things; desperately wicked. Who can know it?

You know what's a killer? Pride. At root, you condemn other Christians for celebrating days because "they're not doing it right"--ie, the way YOUR conscience says you should.

Good for you. I support you not celebrating Christmas or whatever. But you have no call to condemn fellow believers for what they do for the glory of God. In fact you are strongly discouraged (if not prohibited) from doing so. This is Romans 14:

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.

Therefore you should see the holiday has nothing to do with Jesus. It's a holiday for the god of this world.
Christmas is a manmade holiday, not a God ordained holy day. Enjoy it for what you believe it to be.

I stocked up on feed early on. I have gang of sparrows that demolishes the food pile almost as soon as I put it out. Bigger birds do chase them away however and get their share.

If you go through the trouble of making some suet ...
It can also help balance things between smaller "ground feeders" and larger birds.

I have an unusual number of cardinals, orioles, wild canaries, and house finches this year.
Throw in the doves, blue jays and squirrels ... And the backyard this winter sometimes looks like World War III is going on.

I looked out yesterday morning and blue jay was raising cane with a raccoon over some cracked corn ... :auiqs.jpg:

If you go through the trouble of making some suet ...
It can also help balance things between smaller "ground feeders" and larger birds.

I have an unusual number of cardinals, orioles, wild canaries, and house finches this year.
Throw in the doves, blue jays and squirrels ... And the backyard this winter sometimes looks like World War III is going on.

I looked out yesterday morning and blue jay was raising cane with a raccoon over some cracked corn ... :auiqs.jpg:

I have put suet cakes in my feeders and they just don't seem to care at all for them. My birds in Washington State loved the suet. I wonder what's up with these Midwestern guys. I'd think that they'd need some good fat calories because it's so cold here.

My birds love the suit cakes, even the sparrows. I have a 'squirrel excluder' on my feeder but I spread shelled corn on the ground for them. The cardinals visit more in the summer months than in the winter. Curious.

Forum List

Back