The case for price gouging

huh?
There is gas in NJ. the problem is that that about 80% of the gas stations have tanks of gas but no electricity to pump it.

Tell me how a free market would change that?

If you allow price discovery, then entrepreneurs would find ways to deliver gas to the affected area. You would be buying gas out of the back of some guy's truck instead of at the limited number of retailers who have power. It might cost more, but you wouldn't be waiting 4 hours in a gas line like people are now. How much is four hours of your time worth?

Since the price of gas is being suppressed, there is no profit motive for go-getters.

yeah, because the state would have a way to chase guys selling gas out of the back of their trucks

you stick with that :thup:

The state should not be chasing them off. That's the whole point.

Start anyway.

You would have to have economies of scale to succeed. That means the same trucks already in operation. You would not see some guy selling gas from five gallon cans out of the back of his pickup.

Umm how many trucks have gas filling nozzles for autos on them and a way of measuring the gas for each sale?

the gas trucks I now of have great big hoses with maybe 3 inch fittings on the end. would fill up a Camry in maybe 3 sec if you could fit the hose to the fitting on the car.

I guess they would be self serve?

You have your head up your ass on this one. You might as well admit it.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If the government allowed gypsy gas, someone would invent a fitting for a truck the next day. I would not be surprised if one already exists.

I have a fuel truck on my farm. Holds I think 200 gal of diesel and 100 gal of gas. Has a nozzle but no measuring device to let you inow how much you put in.
Also has an Air compressor, Welder/Genny and tools.

100 gal of gas would not last long.
a 1,000 gal tank? Know how much that weighs?

Gypsy gas stations?

LMAO.
SDo many potentioal problems with that concept I just do not know where to start.

Start anyway.

You would have to have economies of scale to succeed. That means the same trucks already in operation. You would not see some guy selling gas from five gallon cans out of the back of his pickup.

um you don't know how they pump gas out of the trucks then do you? Trust me when i say you are wrong. I watch trucks come to my gas station all the time, you can't just fit a hose up to a car you retard.

I know how trucks fill up the underground tanks. I said two posts back that if gypsy gas were legalized, a fitting would be created the very next day.

It's not like it would be rocket science to figure it out!

Start anyway.

Umm how many trucks have gas filling nozzles for autos on them and a way of measuring the gas for each sale?

the gas trucks I now of have great big hoses with maybe 3 inch fittings on the end. would fill up a Camry in maybe 3 sec if you could fit the hose to the fitting on the car.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If the government allowed gypsy gas, someone would invent a fitting for a truck the next day. I would not be surprised if one already exists.

which would be stealing from the oil companies....you are really not thinking this through.

I have a fuel truck on my farm. Holds I think 200 gal of diesel and 100 gal of gas. Has a nozzle but no measuring device to let you inow how much you put in.

There you go. Just a matter of adding a flowmeter.

Start anyway.

um you don't know how they pump gas out of the trucks then do you? Trust me when i say you are wrong. I watch trucks come to my gas station all the time, you can't just fit a hose up to a car you retard.

I know how trucks fill up the underground tanks. I said two posts back that if gypsy gas were legalized, a fitting would be created the very next day.

it would seem you don't and you hope that fitting would be created. You have nothing but a stupid idea formed by a fucking moron.

Start anyway.

i wonder why they don't?

which would be stealing from the oil companies....you are really not thinking this through.

What the hell are you talking about?

i wonder why they don't?

People like Mr. Law and Order Plasmaball, that's why. The law does not allow the selling of gypsy gas.

i wonder why they don't?

People like Mr. Law and Order Plasmaball, that's why.

oh, i thought maybe it hadsomething to do with public safety.

silly me

it would seem you don't and you hope that fitting would be created. You have nothing but a stupid idea formed by a fucking moron.

Of course it would be. Someone just said they have a truck with one on it already.

It's common sense, which isn't so common, apparently.

Actually Christie is making a case for less government interference in the sale of gas. If less government restrictions is good at this time why not all the time?

Yeah and sell gas for 15 minutes and then have to 100 miles each way miles to get more?

I bet the majority of people who are waiting four hours for gas today would happily pay six bucks a gallon to get gas and not have to wait four hours, and wouldn't bitch one bit. They'd be grateful. And they would appreciate the seller's initiative and cleverness.

Yeah and sell gas for 15 minutes and then have to 100 miles each way miles to get more?

That's why you would have to do it on economies of scale and why you would have to charge six bucks a gallon, and why you would not see some schmuck selling it out of his pickup truck.

And where do you get the idea one tankerful lasts only 15 minutes? There is 8,000 to 12,000 gallons in a gas truck.

Last edited:
oh, i thought maybe it hadsomething to do with public safety.

silly me

If you don't want to buy gas from them...DON'T! If too many people are too chickenshit to buy from them, they won't come.

whether or not i buy from them has no effect on how safe they are.

duh

You people have no clue how the free market works. If enough people felt gypsy gas sellers were too unsafe, and did not buy from them, the sellers would not be able to succeed. So gypsy sellers would have to make their operations safe enough for people to feel comfortable buying gas from them.

Forum List

Back