The Cajun Navy – True Heroes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
0815_cajun-1000x713.jpg

3982456-thumb-300xauto-3474063.jpg

And they're not receiving the attention they deserve by the Lame Street Media.

One group who does care what happens though, is the Cajun Navy. You may have heard about them. The Cajun Navy is a group of volunteers who stepped up to help those in need when others would not. Before the soaking rains moved out of the area, the Cajun Navy was already heading out in canoes, boats, pirogues, you name it, ready to go in and rescue the helpless.

That’s the thing: the flooding was so vast that first responders just could not get to all of the cries for help. For days these citizen soldiers in The Cajun Navy have been pulling people off of roofs, out of houses, saving pets, rescuing horses in pastures inundated with water. These people know the back roads. They know the countryside. They know where to go.

And if they don’t know where to go, they set up communication on Zello and Glympse to help manage the requests for help. They helped their neighbors, they saved strangers, they checked levees.

Now they are helping distribute donations and supplies and are helping gut houses ruined by floodwaters.

Full story @ Report from Louisiana: The Cajun Navy = True Heroes

I am curious about the extent of the flooding. I saw one map that indicated there were other parts of the state with flooding. But, what about eastern Texas and Mississippi? Anyone know?

This is the best man. No one is running with the government. My story is long but when Katrina hit we were all told to stay away. I ended up here because of K. I am thrilled to death that they are rocking it now.

Cajun Navy? I bet I know more than a few.

What a lot of people don't understand is it's in their hearts and in their souls. These are cajuns. Now I know it because of my catahoulas and been south for so many years.

I am thrilled to death that they went out and said screw government orders this time and pulled it off. My fave so far. Are you ready for Sadie?

'The saddest eyes I ever seen': The trapped dog who was rescued from devastating Louisiana floods moments before she would have drowned
  • Good Samaritan Josh Pettit was in his boat seeing who he could help in Baton Rouge which has been decimated by flooding
  • He saw a 'bush shaking' and spotted Sadie the dog, almost completely submerged
  • He said she looked 'scared for her life'
  • Pettit got Sadie in the boat and said she 'cried and moaned like a big baby' on his lap because she was thanking him
  • She was later reunited with her owner

Read more: 'The saddest eyes I ever seen': Dog rescued in Louisiana flooding
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Look at this girl. This is what south does. This is what south loves each other.

3759895400000578-0-image-a-15_1471486014141.jpg

http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail

Forum List

Back