The British national anthem is pondorous rubbish – if a university wants to ditch it, it’s doing us all a favour

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Yes the govt wants to punish Bristol Uni for dropping the english national anthrm from its graduation ceremony.

I see this as the high water mark in the current conservative culture wars. Of course they want to punish the Uni becausethey have nothing else to do.

They have no answers to the mess they created so lets cut funding to a Uni. If they could rope in darkies and trannys their day would be complete.

Maybe the Uni could find a more upbeat tune to serenade theie heavily indebted students out of the door.

Yes the govt wants to punish Bristol Uni for dropping the english national anthrm from its graduation ceremony.

I see this as the high water mark in the current conservative culture wars. Of course they want to punish the Uni becausethey have nothing else to do.

They have no answers to the mess they created so lets cut funding to a Uni. If they could rope in darkies and trannys their day would be complete.

Maybe the Uni could find a more upbeat tune to serenade theie heavily indebted students out of the door.
Maybe the Uni could be less Commie Faggots.

Why do you say that ?
I know the US cant open a burger joint without playing the national anthem but it isnt the case over here.
Why do I say that? Because it's a government University, you fucktard.

It's like you going into somebody's house where they're furnishing you dinner and disrespecting and lying about them

openly and expecting not to get bitchslapped at the least.

It's still ours when The Royals are in attendance; it's a lot better than the shit one the leftards weaseled through....but I do like the "Unsung verse"...

"
Verse 2

When gallant Cook from Albion sailed,

To trace wide oceans o'er,

True British courage bore him on,

Til he landed on our shore.

Then here he raised Old England's flag,

The standard of the brave;

"With all her faults we love her still"

"Britannia rules the wave."

In joyful strains then let us sing

Advance Australia fair. "
The rest?? meh; give me "God Save the King" any day!!! It is still MINE as far as I am concerned!!
OK: The Best NA?? French of course!!

CLOSE runner up?? Some say even BETTER!!

Greg

Slow day?

Why do I say that? Because it's a government University, you fucktard.

It's like you going into somebody's house where they're furnishing you dinner and disrespecting and lying about them

openly and expecting not to get bitchslapped at the least.
Its govt funded. Not funded bt the racist royals>

It's still ours when The Royals are in attendance; it's a lot better than the shit one the leftards weaseled through....but I do like the "Unsung verse"...

"
Verse 2

When gallant Cook from Albion sailed,

To trace wide oceans o'er,

True British courage bore him on,

Til he landed on our shore.

Then here he raised Old England's flag,

The standard of the brave;

"With all her faults we love her still"

"Britannia rules the wave."

In joyful strains then let us sing

Advance Australia fair. "
The rest?? meh; give me "God Save the King" any day!!! It is still MINE as far as I am concerned!!
OK: The Best NA?? French of course!!

CLOSE runner up?? Some say even BETTER!!

Greg

They play Land of Hope and Glory at American high school graduation ceremonies.

It sounds pretty harmless to me

But I suppose it may offend migrants from africa

Your brain can work at a mechanical level .
But when it comes to complex thinking and matters which involve culture and good taste , you are a true imbecile .

It's not that you are not worth the time and effort , it is that you simply are missing those few key parts which are necessary to get a machine tuned and working at high performance .

Isn't the government elected by the population? This would mean that the government is supported by the constituency that votes it into office.
You misunderstand the nature of democacy. Nobody elected the govt to defund universities that stop playing the anthem.
They should sort out the country not mess about in stuff that is not importnat.

You misunderstand the nature of democacy. Nobody elected the govt to defund universities that stop playing the anthem.
They should sort out the country not mess about in stuff that is not importnat.
Sure they did .. they voted in the views and viewpoints of the elected officials that produced this result.

Forum List

Back