The Biden Disaster: Food price inflation highest in 42 years

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Of course, per the DemoKKKrats' plan, poor and working people have been hit the hardest by this.

A key measure of inflation showed groceries in May costing American households 11 percent more this year than last year, the biggest annual price gain since December of 1980.

The Personal Consumption Expenditure price index for food showed on Wednesday that inflation has accelerated for at 11-consecutive months, picking up pace every month since June of 2021. Food prices were up 6.6 percent when the year started, eight percent in February, 9.2 percent in March, and 10 percent in April.

Compared with April, food prices were up 1.2 percent, up from one percent on a month-over-month basis in the prior month.

The recent month-over-month highs occurred in February and March, when prices rose 1.2 percent for two consecutive months. Food prices jumped 2.3 percent in April of 2020, when the lockdowns sent many families scrambling to hill cupboards. Those were the worst rates of month-over-month food inflation since a 1.8 percent gain in August 1980 and comparable to April 2008, when food prices rose 1.3 percent.

The PCE price index is closely watched by the Fed and used for its inflation targeting. Unlike the better-known Consumer Price Index, the PCE price index allows for consumer substitution, reflecting consumers switching between purchases when relative prices change. When households shift to purchase relatively less expensive foods due to inflation, for instance, that puts downward pressure on the PCE price index.

Oddly enough last night I went to Burger King last night and they turned me away because they were out of stuff for what I wanted.

So I went to white castle and they took my order but they had a sign in the drive thru window that said they apologize for some orders not being able to be full filled due to shortages. Wasn't even a paper sign, it was a real print shop quality sign.

I don't even remember fast food joints not having stuff in stock except rarely like they ran out of coke or chicken nuggets that day.

Now food prices are going up also.

I went to the grocery store this morning. Bought just enough to get us through the weekend. $150 and I didn't buy anything elaborate.

Stolen elections have consequences.

I left a crumb for you. Now do some critical thinking with what I left, Stormy. I know you can.

In other words, you can't be bothered to support your positions and you prefer to make sweeping generalizations while whining far and wide. That is the mentality if a five year old.

In other words, you can't be bothered to support your positions and you prefer to make sweeping generalizations while whining far and wide. That is the mentality if a five year old.
No, that's not it. But, I'm beginning to see what your problem is.
There are answers to your questions, but, I'm not the one to spoon feed your partisan bias.
You're so damn smart, you figure it out. Like I said, I left a crumb for you.

Keep it simple, ITS always one persons fault for everything. Get real, simple thinking, lust for power & greed rules America to day.

What specifically?

Probably the biggest ones are shutting down domestic oil production, and inviting Russia to invade Ukraine.

Many more disastrous Biden policies and decisions are contributing to our current misery:
- Leaving our southern border open, inviting illegal immigration/human trafficking and fentanyl trafficking.
- Encouraging left-wing terrorism, and his silence after the unbelievable, violent threat Chuck Schumer made publicly against two Supreme Court justices.
- Creating the disastrous back-ups in our seaports leading to the supply chain disaster.
- His appalling mishandling of covid, during which nearly 700,000 Americans have died, mostly due to the unforgivable lie he told that vaccinated people can't get or transmit the virus.

Of course, per the DemoKKKrats' plan, poor and working people have been hit the hardest by this.
Please show evidence food inflation was the Dem's plan. Then answer the question, why would they plan such a thing at any time, let alone an election year?

No, that's not it. But, I'm beginning to see what your problem is.
There are answers to your questions, but, I'm not the one to spoon feed your partisan bias.
You're so damn smart, you figure it out. Like I said, I left a crumb for you.

Yes, it's up to me to figure out why you're whining. So, with that authority you have delegated to me, I will declare that your whining is unsupported drivel.

Keep it simple, ITS always one persons fault for everything. Get real, simple thinking, lust for power & greed rules America to day.

I think this thread is making it clear that most of these fools can't barely be bothered with a two level causality pyramid, while a third level is probably beyond their capacity to comprehend.

Forum List

Back