The Best Part of Electric Vehicles

Not happy in Portugal that EV's cost more to charge than to fill up and ICE car.

But, that's Mickey Mouse EV's for you.
Only if you opt not to charge it at home.

Most people in the US would be charging from home at night.

An EV makes the most sense as a daily driver because most people drive less than 80 miles a day

So you think that there are secret coal burning plants all over the country?

Unpermited, unlicensed uninspected coal fired power plants that all sell electricity to the public with no government knowledge?

Of course there are.
Everyone knows and admits these coal plants exist and have existed for a very long time, so are permitted, licensed, and inspected.
The question is just how often they are used.
For example, CA tries to claim they are never used, and we now know the truth is over half the electricity used in CA comes from coal.

An EV makes the most sense as a daily driver because most people drive less than 80 miles a day
About a third in the UK can't charge from home. Like I've said a billion times, the pro EV'ers can charge from home, on their drive with a big garage, top of the range Tesla, drive fuck all mileage a day and work in an office 9am to 5pm.

In the real world..........

And there lies the problem, they don't have a grasp on reality.

The whole power infrastructure and grid would have to be doubles if even half the cars switched to EVs.
It is just no where near to practical.

And electricity is not at all clean when natural gas comes from leaky fracking.
That is much worse than coal or gasoline.

Of course there are.
Everyone knows and admits these coal plants exist and have existed for a very long time, so are permitted, licensed, and inspected.
The question is just how often they are used.
For example, CA tries to claim they are never used, and we now know the truth is over half the electricity used in CA comes from coal.
Yeah OK.

Tell me how do you build a secret coal fired plant and then sell the electricity to the public?

The whole power infrastructure and grid would have to be doubles if even half the cars switched to EVs.
It is just no where near to practical.

And electricity is not at all clean when natural gas comes from leaky fracking.
That is much worse than coal or gasoline.

Do you have anything that supports your claims?

and we are already generating baseline power so the emissions from electricity will not change much and it will still certainly be a net reduction if millions of cars aren't creating emissions too.

About a third in the UK can't charge from home. Like I've said a billion times, the pro EV'ers can charge from home, on their drive with a big garage, top of the range Tesla, drive fuck all mileage a day and work in an office 9am to 5pm.

In the real world..........

And there lies the problem, they don't have a grasp on reality.
IDGAF about the UK.

Yeah OK.

Tell me how do you build a secret coal fired plant and then sell the electricity to the public?

I already did.
I already explained the coal plants are from 60 years ago, that they just falsely claim they only use in emergencies.
I showed exactly how CA was claiming 0% coal when in reality they are more than 50% coal.

Do you have anything that supports your claims?

and we are already generating baseline power so the emissions from electricity will not change much and it will still certainly be a net reduction if millions of cars aren't creating emissions too.

Wrong.
If millions of cars stop burning gasoline, then we will have to triple emissions from electrical power generating plants, and the fracking emissions if they are natural gas.
That is not an emissions reduction, but increase.

EVs can never reduce emissions because batteries are so heavy and inefficient.
Just look at this EV recharging station closely.
It clearly is using a gasoline or diesel generator to recharge the EV batteries.
That is almost twice as many emissions as a gasoline car.
EV cars would require electrical production to more than triple.

122600080_10219848165019932_6093564655332789550_n.jpg

I already did.
I already explained the coal plants are from 60 years ago, that they just falsely claim they only use in emergencies.
I showed exactly how CA was claiming 0% coal when in reality they are more than 50% coal.
No you didn't.

All you did was show that CA imports electricity produced in coal fired plants.

Once again CA is not the entire country and in 2020 only 19% of all the electricity produced was from coal fired plants.

There are no secret unregulated coal fired electric plants

Wrong.
If millions of cars stop burning gasoline, then we will have to triple emissions from electrical power generating plants, and the fracking emissions if they are natural gas.
That is not an emissions reduction, but increase.

EVs can never reduce emissions because batteries are so heavy and inefficient.
Just look at this EV recharging station closely.
It clearly is using a gasoline or diesel generator to recharge the EV batteries.
That is almost twice as many emissions as a gasoline car.
EV cars would require electrical production to more than triple.

122600080_10219848165019932_6093564655332789550_n.jpg
OK so where is your data that says we will have to triple electric production?

I have already shown you that an EV while the manufacturing carbon foot print is larger than an ICE vehicle that there is a tipping point when the EV will produce fewer emissions than an ICE over its operational lifetime. the smaller the EV the sooner that tipping point is reached.

You never seem to have any data to back up your claims

So let's start with all those coal fired electric plants that you say the government doesn't know about they should be easy to find right? So tell me where they are

No you didn't.

All you did was show that CA imports electricity produced in coal fired plants.

Once again CA is not the entire country and in 2020 only 19% of all the electricity produced was from coal fired plants.

There are no secret unregulated coal fired electric plants
No, it is not JUST that CA imports coal electricity, but that over 50% of CA electricity is imported coal electricity, and always has been, for decades.

All states have mostly coal plants, and they claim they only used them to prevent brownouts, in emergencies.
But it is obvious they are just saying that to prevent fines and for PR purposes, since it is obvious most power plants in the country are still coal based.

And again it would not matter if there was not a single coal plant and they were all natural gas, because these days natural gas comes from fracking, and that leaks so much natural gas into the air that it is much worse than burning coal, as far as health and global warming.

OK so where is your data that says we will have to triple electric production?

I have already shown you that an EV while the manufacturing carbon foot print is larger than an ICE vehicle that there is a tipping point when the EV will produce fewer emissions than an ICE over its operational lifetime. the smaller the EV the sooner that tipping point is reached.

You never seem to have any data to back up your claims

So let's start with all those coal fired electric plants that you say the government doesn't know about they should be easy to find right? So tell me where they are

Wrong.
I already showed you that producing electrical power for an EV produces an equal amount of emissions as an internal combustion vehicle getting 29 mpg.
But it is actually much worse because the EV has a much heavier load due to the extra battery weight, and they are ignoring the vast emissions from when the natural gas is fracked and collected.
Again, lots of cars get way better mileage than that.
My 2005 Jetta gets about 35 mpg realistically, and in Europe and Asia, they have lots of ICE cars getting over 80 mpg.
And again, an ICE engine running on bio fuel will absorb more CO2 from the air than it will release back into the air, so produces negative emissions.

And you clearly are being deliberately obtuse.
The government knows all about all the coal plants we used for the last 100 years, that the states now claim are only for emergency back up.
We have been over that many times.
So when you claim they were built in secret, you obviously are just lying.
But here is a list of 241 of them anyway.

Your tiny little country is none of my concern.

So you mow your own yard and never mind about mine.
It's garden, not yard. A yard is an area of hard standing concrete or gravel.

If you were interested, then you would grasp the full picture. It'll save you sitting there scratching your backside wondering why EV's are not as popular as they should be. Because they're fecking dear to buy, cost a fortune to charge, shit distance, and 30% + of people can't charge the hopeless things at home.

Last edited:
No, it is not JUST that CA imports coal electricity, but that over 50% of CA electricity is imported coal electricity, and always has been, for decades.

All states have mostly coal plants, and they claim they only used them to prevent brownouts, in emergencies.
But it is obvious they are just saying that to prevent fines and for PR purposes, since it is obvious most power plants in the country are still coal based.

And again it would not matter if there was not a single coal plant and they were all natural gas, because these days natural gas comes from fracking, and that leaks so much natural gas into the air that it is much worse than burning coal, as far as health and global warming.
So what?
That in no way means that more than 19% of ALL electricity produced in the ENTIRE country was produced by coal fired plants.

I don't know why that is so difficult for you to understand.

Forum List

Back