The Best Advice Ever...and Ignored: Benign Neglect

What would the result be if Moynihan’s ‘benign neglect’ was practiced, rather than teaching black folks that they can’t succeed without great white (Democrat) father????

Here’s Star Parker with the answer:

11. In her book, "Uncle Sam's Plantation," Star Parker recounts her journey from life as a hustler and welfare addict to freedom. The following gives one version of the path to success.

‘ My first post-welfare job was hardly a dream job. Assigned to a sterile basement room in a huge office building, I had to hand-write the orders called in by salesmen, and send it to the shipping department. Since, the more orders they called in, the more money they made, the salesman talked fast and were rushed. The shippers, union laborers, on the other hand, received the same wage no matter how much work they did, so they talked slowly and made no effort to be efficient.

I acted as if it was my own customer, and the order that I was receiving was worth a million dollars to my business. My view was that hard work would open up opportunities to leave welfare behind, and poverty forever.

The only other black in the department was a 32-year-old female who had been there 15 years. On my first day at work she was eager to give me the scoop, including how to get away with the least amount of work for the maximum financial benefit- by paying $260 to join the labor union. Every day she would say I was "uppity" because I worked fast and actually enjoyed it! The more I fulfilled my tasks with vigor, the more dislike I engendered from the union workers.

I didn't now about unions, but as an ex-street hustler and con artist, it sounded a lot like paying for protection. Actually, I had no plans to remain for long, and intended to start my own business as soon as I finished writhing a business plan.

One particularly busy day, calls were coming in furiously! But I responded by making each feel that they were the most important call I had received that day. My supervisor asked me "Have you ever considered sales and marketing?" He went on to tell me about a full-time position in the marketing department that paid much more than my current wage. And, provided benefits without having to join a union!

I declined, as I had my sights set on finishing college, and owning my own business. When the union went on strike, I saw it as the right time to try my hand as an entrepreneur.

I began publishing a monthly magazine with a calendar of events from churches around Los Angeles. I added editorials that addressed inner city needs. The spotlight was on wholesome entertainment for single Christians. What began as 16 black-and-white pages, eventually became 64 full color pages of professional layout and some 80 advertisements 8 years later. Exciting, yes, but it was hard work to sell enough ads to cover costs, my personal overhead, and the needs of my daughter.

…my determination never wavered. I refused to go back on welfare or listen to the leftist lies that sought to discourage me from even trying! I used my talking/selling experience to cohosting a talk show on a small Christian radio station in Long Beach. It didn't quite pay minimum wage, and had no benefits....so I made money based on commissions from advertisers of the show. So, no guarantees.....but hard work and a positive attitude paid off: soon, I was offered the opportunity to host my own three-hour daily radio talk show with and ABC affiliate in San Francisco. Not only a good salary, but they put a studio in my home!’

Nothing new here.....the same works and worked for everyone.

That’s what Moynihan believed, and I do too.

12. As the saying goes, the definition of a 'racist' is a conservative winning the argument with a Liberal.
Of course, a Liberal Democrat could be a 'racist' is he sounds conservative....And so it was with the smartest Democrat on record....Daniel Patrick Moynihan.
Moynihan....my kind of Liberal, my kind of Democrat.
The thinking kind.

Here, Moynihan’s story, and the truth about what has happened to Liberals and Liberalism.
Within the story of Moynihan is the tale of the degradation of Liberalism into the treachery it is today.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan... "...the four-term senator from New York who died in 2003, was that rare soul who was both a political and intellectual giant.

Today, some 50 years after its issuance of Moynihan’s report, some liberals “bravely” acknowledge that 1965’s so-called Moynihan Report, in which the future senator warned about the dire future consequences of the collapse of the black family,..... Moynihan was branded as a racist by civil rights leaders, black activists, and run-of-the-mill liberals. “One began to sense,” Moynihan wrote, that “a price was to be paid even for such a mild dissent from conventional liberalism.”

[Moynihan] “emerged changed” from the experience. He came to feel “that American liberalism had created its own version of apolitique du pire(i.e., the worse the better) . . . in which evidence had been displaced by ideology.”
His fear that the empirically oriented liberalism of his youth was under assault from racial and cultural nihilists intensified after the 1967 riots that burned through Cleveland, Newark, and Detroit, where 43 died.

“The summer of 1967,” Moynihan wrote at the time, “came in the aftermath of one of the most extraordinary periods of liberal legislation, liberal electoral victories and the liberal dominance of the media . . . that we have ever experienced. ...accompanied by the greatest economic expansion in human history. And to top it all, some of the worst violence occurred in Detroit, a city with one of the most liberal and successful administrations in the nation; a city in which the social and economic position of the Negro was generally agreed to be far and away the best in the nation.” Moynihan s Mistake and the Left s Shame by Fred Siegel City Journal April 3 2015

So....even while Liberalism was in the ascendancy, "...extraordinary periods of liberal legislation, liberal electoral victories and the liberal dominance of the media . . . that we have ever experienced. ...accompanied by the greatest economic expansion in human history..."....Liberalism was being taken over by the radicals and the far Left.

And we see their 'success' today.

Speaking the truth earns one the sobriquet 'racist.'

I thought Democrats lie about everything?

Good for the OP to admit she was wrong...
MODERN Democrats do lie about everything, just like you, faux "conservative".

Oh really. Let’s test that theory. What do I lie about?

I’ll wait....

Can we start with the fact that the OP clearly stated that the current Democrats are not the honorable sort represented by Moynihan?

You are as burned as Edgar Winter on an Ecuadorian beach!

So, Moynihan did not lie?

Thank you for proving my point.

The only point you have is hidden under that sombrero.

Keep trying to dig your way out of the post in which I caught you lying.

You have a nice day. Thank you for admitting Democrats do not lie about everything.

You get a cookie...
Sure they do. You lie about being a Conservative, and yet there are abso-fucking-lutely ZERO in the DemocraP party today.

The problem is that I am NOT as conservative as you are.
No, you're not a Conservative AT ALL!

I support federalism, a balanced budget amendment, spending cuts, deficit reduction, judicial restraint, and ENDING THE FED.

I guess those aren’t conservative....
So why are you pro modern democrat? They do not believe in any of those things. Republican politicians don't either, but at least republican voters Want those things.

If the GOP was still the party of Eisenhower, I would likely have been a Republican.
We don't need those far Left "Republicans" in our party. You cannot tell them apart from Democrats. John McShitstain is a prime example.

Somehow, the ethics and intellect of Moynihan wasn't passed on to his offspring.....

"Woman Accused Of Anti-Asian Rant Identified As Daughter Of NY Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"The daughter of the late New York Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan has been accused of telling an Asian American couple to "go back to China" during a bigoted rant in Manhattan last weekend.

Maura Moynihan admitted to WABC-7 News that she was the person seen in a viral video arguing with 31-year-old Dan Lee near Stuytown on Sunday.

Lee said that Moynihan had told his wife — 25-year-old Maria Ha — that she wasn't from here and should "go back to communist China," causing her to fear for her safety amid a spike in anti-Asian hate crimes."

If the GOP was still the party of Eisenhower, I would likely have been a Republican.

Well, you've got Mitt!

I prefer Ben Sasse, but no objection to Mittens ;)
Figures you'd prefer a hard left limpdick like Ben Sissy or Mittens over REAL Conservatives. But then again you are a hard left loon, just like all other DemoTurds as there are zero Conservatives in that party.

Well, you've got Mitt!

Figures you'd prefer a hard left limpdick like Ben Sissy or Mittens over REAL Conservatives. But then again you are a hard left loon, just like all other DemoTurds as there are zero Conservatives in that party.

Sen Sasse voting record says he is anything but a “left limpdick“.

The problem is that he is a conservative but not a Trump myrmidon.

If you think I’m a “hard left loon” , you have not been paying attention.

Care to try again? :)

I’ll wait....

Can we start with the fact that the OP clearly stated that the current Democrats are not the honorable sort represented by Moynihan?

I hope you are not saying all Mexicans have pointed heads. That would be, wait for it, racist.

I’ll wait....

Oh, so Daniel Moynihan was lying. Try making up your mind.

I’ll wait....

All she is trying to say is Democrats hate this country. Their policies prove it.

I’ll wait....

All she is trying to say is Democrats hate this country. Their policies prove it.

She also says “Democrats lie about everything “.

Does that include her own OP about Daniel Moynihan?

I’ll wait....

I said hate this country. They are not lying about it.

I’ll wait....

I said hate this country. They are not lying about it.

So, Daniel Moynihan was not lying.

Thank you.

I mean he gets a 68 on the Conservative index.

And besides, he enthusiastically confirmed avowed Communist Xavier Becerra.

So he's a bit left of Mao - he's just what the GOP needs, according the Nazi democrats....

Well, you've got Mitt!

Since you're a Communist Democrat, you are a hard Left loon. Guilt by association. And Ben Sissy IS a fucking RINO.

Forum List

Back