The Best Advice Ever...and Ignored: Benign Neglect

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
....from a Democrat.

1.Once upon a time there were intelligent, pro-American, politicians in the Democrat Party. Alas, that time has receded into the past. Since the Democrats made a pact with the Prince of Darkness, there is no longer room for folks like Daniel Patrick Moynihan, deceased NYS Democrat Senator.

2. Our birthday boy:
“Daniel Patrick Moynihan, (born March 16, 1927, Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.—died March 26, 2003, Washington, D.C.), American scholar and Democratic Party politician, U.S. senator from New York state from 1977 to 2001.

1615902763891.png
Moynihan grew up in poverty in New York City and, after service in the U.S. Navy in World War II, attended Tufts University (Medford, Massachusetts) on the GI Bill of Rights (B.A., 1948) and Tufts’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (M.A., 1949), later receiving a Ph.D. from Fletcher (1961). His first taste of politics came in 1953 as a Democratic campaign worker in New York City, and he held various public and party posts in New York state in the 1950s.

During the 1960s Moynihan was in Washington, D.C., and, while serving in the Department of Labor, cowrote The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, popularly called the Moynihan Report, which held that many of the educational problems of American blacks resulted from the instability of black urban families.” Daniel Patrick Moynihan | United States senator and sociologist

3. " The two liberalisms also diverged in their view of America.

Moynihan’s older liberalism identified deeply with America
even as it acknowledged its failings. It respected facts and evidence.

... the new liberalism, the radicalism of the late sixties that captivated educated elites, was shot through with an irrational anti-Americanism. “Radical politics,” explained Michael Novak at the time, “is so much the province of the affluent . . . that it fairly reeks of class bias,” a bias against “middle America.”

4. Moynihan feared that “a society suffused with the alienation of its elites” would be “a society that courts—if not totalitarianism, at least statism.”

He saw “totalitarian seeds in the new politics of who thinks what, and who feels how.” Moynihan understood that anti-Americanism was a useful lever for liberal elites who insisted that their inclinations be propitiated lest they undermine American society from within. But after being scorched by critics of the Moynihan Report and his Nixon-era comments about the need for “benign neglect” when it came to racial policy, Senator Moynihan confined his criticism of liberalism to occasional forays, such as his memorable 1993 essay “Defining Deviancy Down,” prompted by the frightening failures of the Dinkins mayoralty in New York."

5. Moynihan believed that blacks could accomplish everything that other groups did.

The 'new' Liberals find blacks as a race inferior and apart.....they must be fed, laws made looser for them than others, and words must be banned because the fragile blank folk would fall apart if a word offends them.

His view of equality of the races was the basis for his 'benign neglect' doctrine.......so, of course, he was called a racist.

But Moynihan pointed out who the real racists are.

You: We need to make people jump through additional hoops to vote.

Me: No.

You: Why do you think blacks are too stupid to do this?

Bite me.

What does your post have to do with the OP?

Nothing.....it is simply one more attempt by a clueless Democrat....if that isn't redundant.....to assuage the pain the OP caused.

It hit home.

As do all of my posts.....and the best you can attempt is a change of subject.

Exactly the effect I aim for.

I thought Democrats lie about everything?

Good for the OP to admit she was wrong...

Watch me prove that 'Democrat lie about everything.'

And once again we find a government school grad who has a problem with reading ability.

As the OP clearly explained...CLEARLY....there are the Moynihan's sort of Democrat......and this moron's sort of Democrat.....who lie about everything.

... the new liberalism, the radicalism of the late sixties that captivated educated elites, was shot through with an irrational anti-Americanism. “Radical politics,” explained Michael Novak at the time, “is so much the province of the affluent . . . that it fairly reeks of class bias,” a bias against “middle America.”

Now look up the terms you don't understand....begin with 'TWO.'

And once again we find a government school grad who has a problem with reading ability.

As the OP clearly explained...CLEARLY....there are the Moynihan's sort of Democrat......and this moron's sort of Democrat.....who lie about everything.

Translation: I got caught and will never admit I’m wrong...

You: We need to make people jump through additional hoops to vote.

Me: No.

You: Why do you think blacks are too stupid to do this?

Bite me.

What are the "additional" hoops you speak of?

Getting another I.D. when everyone already has one.

1615904586241.png

Is that sort of like getting another credit card?

I mean after all if you already have one why do you need another one?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Attachments

• 1615904586634.png
    1615904586634.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 21

W

Wasn't that amazing how deftly I took your own post and smashed it in your ugly kisser???

The good news for you is that most readers of your posts already knew you were an indoctrinated Democrat simpleton with a reading problem.
Clearly, as brilliant as my post was, your reputation can't fall any lower.

W

Wasn't that amazing how deftly I took your own post and smashed it in your ugly kisser???

The good news for you is that most readers of your posts already knew you were an indoctrinated Democrat simpleton with a reading problem.

Keep trying, your puerile polemics are the only thing here on display.
That being said, the entertainment value is priceless...

;)

MODERN Democrats do lie about everything, just like you, faux "conservative".

Oh really. Let’s test that theory. What do I lie about?

I’ll wait....

Can we start with the fact that the OP clearly stated that the current Democrats are not the honorable sort represented by Moynihan?

You are as burned as Edgar Winter on an Ecuadorian beach!

W

Keep trying, your puerile polemics are the only thing here on display.
That being said, the entertainment value is priceless...

;)

I love it when you post......can't find nearly enough piñatas!!!!!!!!!!!

1615905017822.png

I’ll wait....

Can we start with the fact that the OP clearly stated that the current Democrats are not the honorable sort represented by Moynihan?

So, Moynihan did not lie?

Thank you for proving my point.

I’ll wait....

So, Moynihan did not lie?

Thank you for proving my point.

The only point you have is hidden under that sombrero.

Keep trying to dig your way out of the post in which I caught you lying.

Forum List

Back