The "anti-Semitic" narrative....

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"Academic dies after Twitter anti-Semitism ā€˜pile onā€™"

There are many narratives that try and force people to accept a certain position. One of these is the labeling of anyone who disagrees with their version, their narrative, of being "anti-Semitic."

I've been accused of being "anti-Semitic" in the past for various things. Even though I don't support either side in the Israeli/Palestine conflict and will criticize BOTH SIDES.

However this guy who killed himself was JEWISH. Can a Jewish person be "anti-Semitic"?

" relating to or characterized by anti-Semitism : feeling or showing hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a cultural, racial, or ethnic group"

I guess it's possible. The problem here is that: is it anti-Semitic to criticize a Jewish person? Then if two Jewish people criticize each other, are they "anti-Semitic"? Or is it just that they criticize the Israeli government? Or they say something negative about Jew culture or something?

What did this guy do?

He was suing a Childrenā€™s Laureate for libel because the Childrenā€™s Laureate called him an "anti-Semite" for taking a photo of Jeremy Corbyn, former leader of the Labour Party in the UK (and pro-Palestine supporter), and changing the book he had to "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" "the noxious hoax document that claims Jews are plotting world domination."

The reason he did this was to suggest that Corbyn was "anti-Zionist." Not "anti-Semitic" but "anti-Zionist" which is something completely different.

The guy he's suing is Jewish and a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn.

It all sounds like a massive mess and it ended with the suicide of this guy, which wouldn't have happened if it weren't so easy to attack your enemies with "anti-Semitic" labels.

Appropriate, warranted criticism of Israel and its policies is not to be ā€˜anti-Semitic.ā€™

Unfortunately, the term is incorrectly used by demagogues as a political weapon in a misguided effort to defend Israel.

New Topics

Forum List

Back