The Anti-Hero and American Politics

Trump is factually fighting only Conservative Americans - not those Democrats or Liberals who oppose a human scumbag anyway.
Any Conservative American who can see through the human scumbag, he defames and attacks with his known pathetic rhetoric.
And they applaud it and follow suit.

I think at least some of them are still lucid enough to recognize his awful, unpresidential traits and behaviors. But that goes back to the OP -- in addition to the fact he's following them on the issues, he's the Bad Guy, acting like the middle school bully. The Anti-Hero. A character. A caricature.

Appropriate as hell, given his showbiz background.

Last edited:
I'm sure as hell no lawyer, but if that court is basing the decision in part on his role in the Insurrection, that determination has not been made by a court as yet. So I don't know if THEY have the power to do that or not. That seems doubtful.

I could see this backfiring to some degree. As usual.
Yep. Every time the democrats misuse the system against Trump he gains popularity.

If the USSC lets the CO ruling stand, then ANY REPUBLICAN who supports or supported Trump can be booted off ballots as supporting an "insurrection". One party rule, one party on the ballot, fucking communism.

It depends, as you well know onto the GOP nomination and election results - IMO Trump. therefore will be their Candidate.

Which brings us to the election in November 2024 - with either loads of Conservative simply not voting - thus giving the Democrats the necessary leverage, or (I don't believe it to be likely) will vote against him aka for the opposition.

Neither those Lefty&Libs nor a scumbag like Trump is what the USA really needs or can continue to endure without taking further damage.
True, looks like Trump will be the nominee.

Believe the polls, conservatives, populists, independents, and some democrats will vote for Trump over this guy

1703071309851.jpeg
...I'm Joe Biden, I'm running for president in 2024....

Last edited:
I'm sure as hell no lawyer, but if that court is basing the decision in part on his role in the Insurrection, that determination has not been made by a court as yet. So I don't know if THEY have the power to do that or not. That seems doubtful.

I could see this backfiring to some degree. As usual.
that court may have stepped on their collective dicks....they have made it seem like they are just trying to keep the guy off the ballet.....what are they afraid of?....no faith in biden?....

Well you loved it as long as you were winning. When the Pistons were not winning rings, they were just a bunch of thugs. The Trailblazers who were loved in the 90s for getting to the NBA Finals became the Jailblazers. If you're winning, you're a tough guy who doesn't take shit. If you're losing, you're a bad joke that nobody takes seriously. Look no further than Vivek for an object lesson in being a hemorrhoid on the ass of humanity.

When it comes to our presidential politics, it's a different cat than other elected offices; you can get millions fewer votes and still win the election. So you can be an asshole and, if you get enough votes from the voters in certain states, you win. Its rather flukish that the blob won but he did win. Hopefully the experiment with him taught us all the politics is a profession (an important one at that)...and it is best left to the professionals who think past the next election cycle, realize that they are the president of the entire nation; not just the ones who voted for them, and someone who really understands the job; not just thinking it's a cool gig.

I'm guessing no. But the signs lately have been pretty positive for the opposition party and the opposition candidates.
I think there is a pretty wide swath of the electorate and population that simply doesn't pay anywhere NEAR the attention to this stuff that we do.

So they look at this -- not sure what to call it -- well-known celebrity character they've seen on teevee, and they see a bunch of politicians (party irrelevant) going after him with everything they've got.

"Fuck it", they think to themselves. And the always-destructive "how much worse can it get? Yeah, fuck those guys, I'll vote for him".

I think that population is bigger than we know, just as the MAGA population was. And that's why I learned in 2016 that America isn't what I thought it was.

Last edited:
I'm sure as hell no lawyer, but if that court is basing the decision in part on his role in the Insurrection, that determination has not been made by a court as yet.

Actually the lower court in Colorado said that Trump was guilty for his role in the Insurrection but that the 14th did not apply to the office of President.

So, the CO SC just said "yes it does".

Will be interesting to see which way the SCOTUS goes with it, I think it is stupid to assume that the writers of the 14th felt it is wrong for an insurrectionist to hold every office except the highest one

But that's not the important thing. Keeping a candidate off the ballot for no reason at all....meh. What's important to YOU is how people react. Your entire life now is U Mad Magas?
no sue. the REPUBLICANS in colorado who initiated this action had a little more reason than "none at all."

trump swore, SO HELP HIM GOD to uphold and defend the constitution. how can his oath ever again be trusted?
I've been reading a lot about the asymmetry in American politics. This is yet another example.

On the one hand you have a poster decrying the notion of partisans finding upsetting the other side as a goal into it's own. Something Mac didn't do in this post. Considering if anything his premise being an expression of doubt in this ruling.

Yet I've seen this particular poster making it abundantly clear she finds using the power of the government to exact revenge on the Democrats as a desirable goal.
she may think trump is her dictator.

Actually the lower court in Colorado said that Trump was guilty for his role in the Insurrection but that the 14th did not apply to the office of President.

Will be interesting to see which way the SCOTUS goes with it, I think it is stupid to assume that the writers of the 14th felt it is wrong for an insurrectionist to hold every office except the highest one
So that lower court ruling that he was guilty -- that doesn't apply anywhere outside the state, does it?

I think there is a pretty wide swath of the electorate and population that simply doesn't pay anywhere NEAR the attention to this stuff that we do.

So they look at this -- not sure what to call it -- well-known character they've seen on teevee, and they see a bunch of politicians (party irrelevant) going after him with everything they've got.

"Fuck it", they think to themselves. And the always-destructive "how much worse can it get? Fuck those guys, I'll vote for him".

I think that population is bigger than we know, just as the MAGA population was. And that's why I learned in 2016 that America isn't what I thought it was.
what did you think it was?.....this country over the last 30-40 years hasnt been anything like it was at one time ......the far right and far left have done a lot of damage to this country with their tit for tat bullshit.....

"Fuck it", they think to themselves. And the always-destructive "how much worse can it get? Yeah, fuck those guys, I'll vote for him".
I fully agree with the first part - however at least to me the question remains, will "they" factually vote for him or simply stay at home?
True to the bones of "fuck it".

oh yea , gator, the radical republicans who impeached andrew johnson would have sung "hail to the chief" for president robt e lee.

where do they get this shit? and call it "original intent?"

As a far left, progressive, liberal, I do not agree with Trump on most things.
And his lowest common denominator speeches are horrific.
But trying to interfere with an election is the actual "insurrection" that Trump is falsely being accused of.
The legal thing to do is let the voters decide for themselves.
Clearly the 14th amendment was NOT intended to prevent candidates who had not caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, from being on the ballot.

The most insulting part of this abuse of the 14th amendment, is that it trivializes the actual Civil War.

As a far left, progressive, liberal, I do not agree with Trump on most things.
And his lowest common denominator speeches are horrific.
But trying to interfere with an election is the actual "insurrection" that Trump is falsely being accused of.
The legal thing to do is let the voters decide for themselves.
Clearly the 14th amendment was NOT intended to prevent candidates who had not caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, from being on the ballot.

The most insulting part of this abuse of the 14th amendment, is that it trivializes the actual Civil War.
It's been REALLY interesting watching some lefties react to this. There is a degree of initial glee over the decision, but then it seems to quickly turn into something else. This could pretty easily end up looking like overkill.

As far as I'm concerned, what happens in 2024 takes a back seat to the condition of this country, and what we have learned about it over the last seven years. 2016 was pretty goddamn instructive about who we are, sadly.

Forum List

Back