The Answer to the "What caused the Civil War?" question is not a debate.

All's anyone needs to do, is read Vice President (of the Confederacy) Stephen's 'Cornerstone Speech' and it pretty much tells you all you need to know.

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea ; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man ; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition."

An articcle that suggests1

Heres an article that suggests cowardice is at the heart of her problems.
That and the fact her brand of racism has been swamped by trumps full throated nastiness.
They dont try and dress it up anymore.

Why are these people stuck on things that divide us instead of things that bring us together?

What difference does it make what started the Civil War at this point?

I guess it's easier to fight over things from the past that we can do absolutely nothing about. than it is to fight over our current situation and things WE CAN control.

Look in the mirror.

Are you promoting racism by constantly calling people racist and bigots?

Or are you promoting racial harmony and peace by highlighting our strengths, and achievements?

From what I read about our history we've come a long way, and the only thing holding us back are the ones who want and continually try to divide us.
Save that crap, those on the right's idea of racial harmony is black folks bowing down to you.

Everything is debatable retards. You act like there 1 official wizard of oz historian who gets to write history and nobody can question it. That a fucking slave mentality. Pussies.

Brother Beau of YouTube fame breaks down why very thoroughly in this succinct video essay. Watch...

That means if your mammy or pappy told you it was over "Northern aggression" or "States rights" they were lying to you.

It wasn't. It was all about slavery.

Keeping Lincoln off the ballot is what did it

Why are these people stuck on things that divide us instead of things that bring us together?

I guess it's easier to fight over things from the past that we can do absolutely nothing about. than it is to fight over our current situation and things WE CAN control.

Look in the mirror.

Or are you promoting racial harmony and peace by highlighting our strengths, and achievements?

From what I read about our history we've come a long way, and the only thing holding us back are the ones who want and continually try to divide us.

Pre-Obama: "A mind is a terrible thing to waste" -- United Negro College Fund

Post-Obama: Math is racist.

Also Post-Obama: When an Illegal votes, they become a citizen

Look in the mirror.

Who are "these people?"

And why do you people only deem race related things to be "divisive?"

Last edited:
Who are "these people?"

And why do you people only deem race related things to be "divisive?"

The ones constantly talking about things that divide us.

If the Civil war was about race, black people wouldn't have sold or owned black slaves.

Just like people who are killed by cops. If it were about race, white people would never be killed by cops.

And please link to where anyone said race related things are the only things to divide us.

The Civil War was not about Slavery

It was about States Rights……A States Right to allow Slavery
It was about Secession…..States that seceded to preserve Slavery
It was about Economics…..A Southern Economy built on Slavery
Unfortunately, the South had not evolved economically as the North did to the point that the North no longer needed slaves. The South definitely used States Right, Secession, and Economics in their arguments because they viewed Slavery as critical to their livelihood.

As I said in another post, flip it. Say it was the South that evolved economically and the North was still dependent on Slaves and the South was winning its battle in Washington to end Slavery. I doubt the North would have reacted differently than the South did.

Unfortunately, the South had not evolved economically as the North did to the point that the North no longer needed slaves. The South definitely used States Right, Secession, and Economics in their arguments because they viewed Slavery as critical to their livelihood.

As I said in another post, flip it. Say it was the South that evolved economically and the North was still dependent on Slaves and the South was winning its battle in Washington to end Slavery. I doubt the North would have reacted differently than the South did.
The South did not “need” Slavery, they just wanted low cost/free labor.
Cotton was tremendously profitable. With slavery, more profit went to the plantation owner.
The South also wanted to keep blacks as a subclass in their society. Which they did with Jim Crow

This is what did NOT happen:

Union: You southerners need to stop slaving right now, or we will come down there and make you stop!!

Confederacy: Fuck you, Union!!! We are pulling out of you faster than you'd pull out of a syphillitic whore!

Union: Ok, guys. Here we come, to make you stop your slaving!!

The South did not “need” Slavery, they just wanted low cost/free labor.
Cotton was tremendously profitable. With slavery, more profit went to the plantation owner.
The South also wanted to keep blacks as a subclass in their society. Which they did with Jim Crow
The goal of business is to make money. There is no such thing as "too much", or, "they do not need that". It is a no-brainer than you want to increase the margin. You would do the same thing.

Slavery caused secession.
The civil war was over the economy. Lincoln fucking said so. He even offered to let them keep their slaves if they came back.
You people need to get past your fifth grade social studies education.

The goal of business is to make money. There is no such thing as "too much", or, "they do not need that". It is a no-brainer than you want to increase the margin. You would do the same thing.

The question is…

Would cotton be profitable without slave labor?
The answer is……very much so

Forum List

Back