The "Answer Backs" come back twice against the Brewers, sweep the series.

Yeah, it has been. Just last night seemed like a disaster to me. Closers are just closers. Seems like they gave that game away to the Diamondbacks.

I called the series for the Phils 4 games to 2 down in the FZ, but now I'm not so sure.
Gallen has not been in his best form and Wheeler has been lights out. The Dbacks have to take this one tonight or you are probably right.

Gallen has not been in his best form and Wheeler has been lights out. The Dbacks have to take this one tonight or you are probably right.

Yeah, Wheeler is real good.

I don't really know much about the Dbacks. But if they take the game tonight, I think they're gonna win at least one in Philly.

Dbacks may need to bunt more against Wheeler, they didn't touch him in the first game.
Bunting seems to be a lost profession in baseball. I’d like to see it happen a lot more. Rojas of the Phillies to my knowledge seems like the only person who attempted to bunt in the NLCS.

I thought it was over when Moreno got laid out. Dude is tough as nails.

I bet Molina or Posey dont miss that short hop. Thats an error. Maybe the big bounce last night, not many would catch or trap.

Pretty bad defense at catcher? The INF did all he could, put the ball right there. Go get it. Be aware where the runner is too.

I bet Molina or Posey dont miss that short hop. Thats an error. Maybe the big bounce last night, not many would catch or trap.

Pretty bad defense at catcher? The INF did all he could, put the ball right there. Go get it. Be aware where the runner is too.
Watch the play again. Marte's throw was the problem it sailed and led Moreno into Harper.

Watch the play again. Marte's throw was the problem it sailed and led Moreno into Harper.

if they show it? I thought it bounced in the dirt which is tougher. But it hit his glove? On a short hop? Ball beat Harper. Catcher could have sensed that and moved out a bit too. Maybe I missed it as I was posting too much lol!

Dbacks may need to bunt more against Wheeler, they didn't touch him in the first game.
Like I said, they shoulda bunted. Why did they quit stealing? Carroll is fast as lightning and hasn't even tried. They better play small ball against Nola or it's over. Regardless they've done great this year, they are basically a bunch of 23 year olds playing way beyond expectations.

Like I said, they shoulda bunted. Why did they quit stealing? Carroll is fast as lightning and hasn't even tried. They better play small ball against Nola or it's over. Regardless they've done great this year, they are basically a bunch of 23 year olds playing way beyond expectations.
I don’t think they were going to bunt themselves out of a 5 run deficit. It’s been a good series but I wouldnt be surprised if Philly closes it out in game 6.

I don’t think they were going to bunt themselves out of a 5 run deficit. It’s been a good series but I wouldnt be surprised if Philly closes it out in game 6.
The 5 run deficit happened late, if you put pressure on the pitcher and the defense from the start it potentially becomes a different game. The two starters for Philly are clearly dominant, I think the Dbacks need a different approach. That's all I'm saying.

The 5 run deficit happened late, if you put pressure on the pitcher and the defense from the start it potentially becomes a different game. The two starters for Philly are clearly dominant, I think the Dbacks need a different approach. That's all I'm saying.
I guess I’m wondering where in the game you think they should have bunted.

In the 1st the ground out to second advancing Carrol to 2nd was effectively a bunt. I guess you could bunt him too. 3rd but then there are 2 outs.

In the 3rd Carrol singled but there was already an out, 2 outs with a man on 2nd isn’t much better than 1 out and a man on 1st.

Same thing happened i the 5th.

in the 6th Walker doubled with one out then advanced to 3rd on a wild pitch so better than a bunt. You’re also down by 4 at that point so probably not trading an out for a base in that spot.

In the 8th was the first time you have a guy on frost with no outs but at that point you’re down 5 late. Im sure the Phillys would gladly trade an out for a base.

By the 9th the Phillies would trade outs for runs. Bunting wouldn’t help.

Forum List

Back